Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • FROGS Voting is upon us! Cast your vote by 4:59 AM GMT March 6.
Sign in to follow this  
Aphoride

Slytherin House Stories

Aphoride

For stories which are themed/focused around Slytherin House, whether it's exploring minor characters or more major ones.

(NB: not just for stories involving Slytherin characters ;))

Title: Hamartia

Author: sapphicsunrise/ad astra/sideraclara

Link(s): HPFF (M) | HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: 4853 words / novel / in progress

Era: Hogwarts Era

Main Character(s): OC, Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter, Snape, Umbridge

Main Pairing(s): Other Pairing (OC/OC)

Genre(s): Drama, Angst, LGBTQA+

Summary: hamartia (ἁμαρτία) - a fatal flaw || (a morbid longing for the picturesque at all costs)

Many talk of the teenagers who were forced into the ranks of the Death Eaters during the Second Wizarding War. None talk of those who went willingly.

Reasons for recommending: I'm not usually a fan of OC/OC stories, but this is such a beautifully-written, dark and yet so very human story, with characters you'll empathise with, sympathise with, and want so much to succeed. Really, even if you read it for nothing else, you should read it for the writing - it's so beautiful and every bit picturesque :)

Edited by LadyL8
Updated to include HPFT link

nott theodore

Title: The Girl from Slytherin

Author: Lululuna

Link(s): HPFF (M)

Length / Completed: completed novel, 200883 words

Era: Hogwarts

Main Character(s): Astoria Greengrass, Daphne Greengrass, Draco Malfoy, Theodore Nott, multiple OCs

Main Pairing(s): Other Pairing

Genre(s): Drama, Action/Adventure, Young Adult

Summary: My father is a master of the Imperius curse. My best friends are being scouted by the Death Eaters. My sister is obsessed with Blaise Zabini, and my mother thinks I should be dating Gregory Goyle, who keeps professing his love for me.

None of them can know I'm in love with a Muggleborn.

Reasons for recommending: This story focuses on Astoria Greengrass and the other Slytherins she's friends with at school during the beginning of the war, and shows members of the house in a very different light to the books.  The characters are so real and human, and the writing and description are beautiful.

scooterbug8515

Title: Al Potter and His Very Epic Plan

Author: Nar/Narysa

Link(s): HPFF / FF.net

Length / Completed: 86402/89912 Completed

Era: Next Generation

Main Character(s): Scorpius, Albus, Rose

Genre(s): General, Humor

Summary:

Intolerance. Discrimination. That's all it is. Al's dad told him that Slytherin was all right, and that means it isn't fair how people treat them. Al's realized he has to fix this, and the return of the Triwizard Tournament to Hogwarts after 23 years might be the perfect opportunity to do so. But it's definitely not going to be easy.

Reasons for recommending:   This is such an amazing and delightful read.  The humor is perfectly paced and timed.  The character are exceptionally vibrant and unique each having their own fun little quirk that just creates a masterful cast and eleven year old Albus is spot on!  Also it gives a unique scope of Slytherins and their place in things after the war.  This fic bursts with Slytherin house pride as well as Al's goal is to cause the house to be looked at in a better light. This is simply one of my all time favorite reads.  (Goodness it has stuck with me for 6 years if that tells you anything!)

BellaLestrange87

Title: Latet Anguis in Herba

Author: Slide

Length / Completed: short story collection / 53,399 words / yes

Main Character(s): all OCs

Genre(s): Drama, Romance

Summary: Slytherin House is a hard place to be in the run-up to the Second War. Any student has to worry about classes, careers, juggling the wishes of teachers and parents; a Slytherin gets the rest of the school's judgement, the internal politics of prejudice and choosing sides. How do the decent but cunning, the moral but ambitious, walk the thin green line?

A collection of shorts covering the school years of a group of Slytherins in the year above Harry. MASSIVELY RE-WRITTEN!

Title: Shade to Shade

Author: Slide

Length / Completed: novel / 187,597 words / yes

Main Character(s): OCs

Genre(s): Drama, Romance, Angst

Summary: Voldemort's return is now public. The wizarding world has been plunged into war, with risk of death on every corner, and many think the only safe haven is Hogwarts. But how safe is it, really? Especially in Slytherin House, where every other student has ties to Death Eaters? Follow four of those most rare of creatures, moral Slytherins, as they try to navigate their final year with the intention of graduating and staying alive. The sequel to Latet Anguis in Herba.

starbuck

Title: The Skull Beneath the Skin

Author: @esmeraude

Link(s): HPFT (M)

Length / Completed: 2 chapters / no

Era: first wizarding war

Main Character(s): OC, regulus black, walden macnair, lucius malfoy ...all the nice death eaters :P

Main Pairing(s): Bartemius Crouch Jr./Regulus Black, Lucius Malfoy/Narcissa Black, OC/OC, Sirius Black/OC, Unlisted Pairing

Genre(s): Angst, Dark/Horror, Hurt/Comfort

Summary:

Fifth year’s barely over, but the future is all everyone wants to talk about. Regulus is determined to outshine his brother. Walden’s planning a marriage that’ll never happen. Tibs wants to be a politician. Becoming the next Bellatrix Lestrange is my goal, and the only one that seems achievable. Yet with the Death Eaters falling like flies, the future looks bleaker than ever.

In five years’ time, we’re all going to be dead.

Reasons for recommending: (optional) because isobel's writing is absolutely phenomenal and she actually makes you care about a person (the main character - posy) who's ultimate goal in life is to become the next bellatrix lestrange. so it's awesome, you should read it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alwynse
Posted (edited)

Title: Inheritance (M)

Author: @Bunbury

Link(s): +link

Length / Completed: Novel, WIP - 6227 words so far

Era: Second Wizarding War

Main Character(s): Phaedra Morley (OC), Severus Snape

Main Pairing(s): Severus Snape/OC

Genre(s):  Crime/Mystery, Dark/Horror, Drama, General, Humor, Romance

Summary:  

Phaedra Morley leads a quiet, private life, working at a Diagon Alley apothecary and looking after her infirm mother. But Phaedra has a secret, and now she must retrace her father's footsteps through the Dark Arts and find out what he was working on when he disappeared in the wake of Voldemort's fall. Along the way she enlists the help of a feckless bookseller and -- much to his displeasure -- Severus Snape. 

A story of death, madness, haunted houses, true friends, and Cockroach Clusters. 

Reasons for recommending: Jane's writing is phenomenal. I can't pinpoint what it is exactly, but her writing doesn't read like a fanfiction; it reads like a published novel. She has a rich vocabulary and uses it to construct unique and dynamic sentences. She has taken what we know about the Harry Potter universe and extrapolated it to build a setting that when reading, you just feel like you are a part of it. But it's not just her eloquent writing that makes this story a worthwhile read. Phaedra, her main character, has to deal with surly men and bandaged, bum-looking booksellers. And while Phaedra's life appears normal on the surface, her life has several mysteries. The reader cannot help but speculate on how her father's work, her mother's current condition, a mysterious blackness, and Severus Snape are all connected. 

Edited by Alwynse
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this