Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Good luck to all the NaNoWriMo participants! Don't forget to stop by the Cafe.
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
Sign in to follow this  
StarFeather

What plot attracts you?

StarFeather

I wrote 6000 words yesterday. My goal is 10000 words. Then I read the draft to my son. He let me aware of the plot which worked in the past, the protagonist was bullied in his/her RL and got stronger in the other world. We can say Harry Potter has the same plot such as Dursleys and Hogwarts. 

Now I need to ferment the plot once again.

How about your plot? What plot attracts you the most?

Pixileanin

@StarFeather         I love mystery plots.  I love things that surprise me.  I love twists in the story.  I love plots that move quickly and throw stuff around and jumble things together in unexpected ways.

Congratulations on your 6000 words!!!  That is awesome!

• Like 2

StarFeather
39 minutes ago, Pixileanin said:

@StarFeather   I love mystery plots.  I love things that surprise me.  I love twists in the story.  I love plots that move quickly and throw stuff around and jumble things together in unexpected ways.

Congratulations on your 6000 words!!!  That is awesome!

@Pixileanin, thank you for dropping your thought.

I agree with mystery point. One of the reasons people can't stop reading HP series, there is mystery, you can't guess what will happen to Harry next.

I posted about 20000 words WIPs, OF at one site. So many stories have been written there. Others look better than mine. I respect J.K.Rowling who created so original stories which finally attracted a publisher.

greisful

I love mystery in my plot too, mostly because I'm so bad at figuring them out that usually just about every twist surprises me. I love it when something completely comes out of left field and surprises me and it's like woah I didn't even see that coming. Or when all of the hints left throughout the story are finally put together. I recently read a story where all of the hints left throughout the story were finally put together and I was literally so shocked I sent like 20 snaps to my friend of me just screaming.

I also like a bit of angst, especially if there's romance involved, I don't know why because I also suffer while I'm reading but it just makes the resolution of all that conflict just more satisfying after seeing all that angst beforehand ya know.

(Also I don't know if this would be considered plot or just a theme but I love a supernatural aspect to the stort like ghosts, it scares the absolute bejeezus out of me but I love it.)

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this