Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Our 'The Nifflers That Stole Christmas' event is open through January 1!
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
TidalDragon

Reviews by TidalDragon

TidalDragon

Tidal 3.0

I am rebooting this thread as of 11:00 PM EST on 8 October 2018. Reading and reviewing has always been a favorite activity of mine, but I've fallen off for awhile - which is probably an understatement. My goal is a really open thread with my quick turnaround times of old. This is a balanced zone: a positive entree with a generous side of CC. 

Turnaround Time: Two days; If you request multiple chapters, give me a week - not saying it will be that slow, but just in case

Slots: Three
Length Limit: Five chapters per author (at a time)
Fandoms Read: Harry Potter; I'm only listing this for now because people have never taken me up on others. Feel free to ask below or via PM though and I will let you know if I'm familiar enough to be of service! I also read OF.

Preferences: Do not feel limited to these, they're just things I like (almost as much as I like to put them in alphabetical order 😛) 
Ships: Ginny/Harry; Hannah/Neville; James/Lily; Rare Pairs; #seekerbell
Genres: Any
Themes: Breakups; Careers; Dystopian; Friendship; Friends to Lovers; Law/Politics; Origin Story; Parenthood; Slow Burn; Sports; War
Eras: First Wizarding War (1950-1981); Rebuilding (1998-2009); Next-Gen (2009-2040)

Blarg: Things I'd rather not read, but still feel free to ask (with a tad of background)! Ships above are obvious exceptions to the below.
Ships: Ginny with Canon Characters; Snape Pairings
Themes: Star-Crossed Romance; Teen Pregnancy; Time-Travel; Vampirism

Use the form below for requests!

[b]Story and Author Name, including RATED link[/b]:
[b]Advisories[/b]:
[b]Genre[/b]:
[b]Length[/b]:
[b]Summary[/b]:
[b]Ships[/b]:
[b]Areas of Concern[/b]:
[b]How Many Chapters You'd Like Reviewed[/b]:

Edited by TidalDragon

scooterbug8515

*Swings in to fill an unreplied thread with a review request.*  No form?

Not My Own by M_C_Crocker (T)

Remus Lupin is not who he says he is, and James Potter is not dead. One man has to live a life that is not his own. How can a secret so big be kept so long?

(This is an AU it gets a bit angsty so I think it might be up your alley.)

Would love to hear whatever you have to say!

TidalDragon

The above is done! Thanks for requesting!

MuggleMaybe

Hi Kevin! I'm hoping you're willing to review chapter 6 of this story, which is a collection of one-shots? I'm not expecting any knowledge at all of the earlier chapters in the story. I'll understand if you're not thrilled with that though - just let me know if it's something you're okay with doing. I want honest CC and I know you're good for that, so I'm trying my luck :)

Story and Author Name: Beyond Repair: A Highly Unusual Day (Ch6)

Links: HPFF (15+) | AO3 (no warnings)

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity, Mild violence, Scenes of a mild sexual nature, Spoilers (none of these occur in this chapter)

Genre: Drama, Fluff, Angst

Length: one shot, 9517 words

Summary: Petunia's day is interrupted by the arrival of a strange woman with a strange letter.

Ships: none

Areas of Concern: I struggled with this chapter for NINE MONTHS, and I'm still not entirely satisfied with it. I'm concerned about the consistency of Petunia's character, dialogue, and tension development. Honestly, I'm open to CC on just about everything here. I like this story and I want it to be strong - particularly going into July. (This is my NaNo project.)

Many many thanks if you're willing to do this! (And complete understanding if you're not!)

Gabriella Hunter

Hey there! :D

I don't have any new Transparent up for you yet but I thought you might like this take on Percy Weasley. :D

Sanctuary, Gabriella Hunter and here's the link! I hope I did this right: I hope I did this right (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Pretty much everything.

Genre:Angst/Romance

Length: 4729

Summary:Percy Weasley has returned home after an entire year of running from the demons that are always there. The path to healing has been difficult and the only peace he can find is in one brave young woman named Audrey Tang, her faith in him more beautiful than any sanctuary. 

Ships: Percy/Audrey

Areas of Concern: Your usual magic, please.

Thanks a bunch!

Jo Raskoph

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Hope, Jo Raskoph, ao3 [15+]

Warnings and Advisories: sensitive topic (miscarriage/infertility)

Genre: angst

Length: 4398 words

Summary:

Through all of it, through the fear, the devastation, you held onto your hope, nurtured it lovingly like you would have the baby you longed for. * To Hannah Longbottom, happiness doesn’t come naturally.

[Crying alone in a bathroom, Hannah Longbottom reflects on the struggles she's facing.]

Ships: Hannah/Neville

Areas of Concern:

For me the story came very aprubtly and writing it felt very different from everything I've written before. So mainly I'm looking for feedback on this new writing thing and mostly everything you have to say will be interesting. But I'm also glad you specifically had a slot open because:

a – You wrote this really in depth article about points of views. The whole story is basically a wild experiment on points of views and I am *very* interested in your opinion on them.

and b – Your opinions on angst/what makes good angst in a twitter discussion a while back were really insightful and I'd love to know if this qualifies as good angst for you; what aspects of it work or don't work for you.

edit, I forgot to add: Please feel free to be blunt/forward with anything you think should be done differently, I value your opinion and am not looking for compliments.

TidalDragon

Well...I thought I had posted this before, but in case you were wondering, this slowpoke has finally cleared his queue.

There are three (3) slots remaining!

mymischiefmanaged

Hi Kevin,

I've only just made my way here and was super excited to see you're still doing review requests. I hope everything's going well for you in real life! I recently started a new novel so would love a review on Ch1 if possible.

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Long Live the Queen, http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=337166 (M)

Warnings and Advisories:profanity, substance abuse, sensitive topic

Genre: drama, romance, angst

Length: C1 is ~300 words

Summary: A drug-fuelled, hierarchical Hogwarts, led by one Lily Luna Potter

Ships: None so far

Areas of Concern: It's new and hasn't had a lot of feedback so far so I'm mostly interested in hearing whether it engages you, what you think of the characters and whether the pacing is okay. Any general feedback you have would be fantastic.

Thanks Kevin!

Emma xx

TidalDragon

Whoa! I caught up on the one (1) review I had to do! Keep them coming folks, I'm resolved to get much more focused and back on track in 2017!

LunaStellaCat

Wow.  Kevin.  I would not expect you to be one to be doing one of these threads.  I didn't know leaders did that.  I've got one if you're interested: 

Story and Author Name including link:  Author LunaStellaCat The Unexpected Gift

Warnings and Advisories: M Rating, Mild Language, Sexual Content ,Violence, Domestic Abuse (minor)

Genre/Era:  Marauder. HP

Length: 9,300 Words, One-Shot

Summary:Amelia Bones wades through the chaos of spending the holidays with Benji Fenwick’s family. 

Ships:  Amelia Bones/Benji Fenwick 

Chaptered Piece :  One-Shot

LunaStellaCat

Oh, my bad.  I went to go edit the thing at three in the morning and I chose "delete" instead of "edit" because I obviously can't read.  And I deleted this post after drafting it, so today is clearly not my day.  I have resubmitted it.  It should be revalidated soon.  (Hopefully the link doesn't change, but if it does, I'll correct that, too.) That's why you don't edit at three in the morning, Jenn.  :D  Sorry, it should be revalidated soon.    shall not be stupid again. 

TidalDragon
Wow.  Kevin.  I would not expect you to be one to be doing one of these threads.  I didn't know leaders did that.

Indeed! I love reading and reviewing stories and though I used to be much faster at it, I am still determined to do it. Whether they have/use their thread or not, I think you will also find that many of our staffers and prefects R&R generously!

Accordingly, I'm definitely interested in any request that fits my limited rules (which yours seems to). No worries about the link - I would just re-post the form with the updated link included (because right now it just shows "about:blank") and I'll jump right on it!

LunaStellaCat

Okay it's fixed.  Thanks for the offer.

Story and Author Name including link:  Author LunaStellaCat Story and Author Name including link:  Author LunaStellaCatThe Unexpected Gift

Warnings and Advisories: M Rating, Mild Language, Sexual Content ,Violence, Domestic Abuse (minor)

Genre/Era:  Marauder. HP

Length: 9,300 Words, One-Shot

Summary:Amelia Bones wades through the chaos of spending the holidays with Benji Fenwick’s family. 

Ships:  Amelia Bones/Benji Fenwick 

Chaptered Piece :  One-Shot

I won't mess it up again.  Sorry.

[*]

[*]

LunaStellaCat

Kevin

I am removing the above piece because I'm revising it and perhaps redrafting and rewriting the piece altogether.  You don't have to worry about that one.  May I adjust my request?

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Author Luna Stella Cat

Link:  ”The Silver Cigarette Lighter”

Warnings and Advisories: Mature Rating.  Warnings Sexual Content and Violence

Genre/Era:  Romance/ Drama/Marauder Era

Length:  This chapter is 5.550 Words

Summary:  Gideon Prewett ended up on an ancient family tree because of a happy mistake.

Ships:  Gideon Prewett /Emmeline Vance

Areas of Concern:  So, I originally wrote a version of this ten years ago.  It sparked a completely different idea for a piece of OF, but as I originally drafted a rushed piece as fanfiction, I’d thought I’d see if this piece came out stronger. 

TidalDragon

Your request has been filled! Sorry for the delay!

quill2parchment

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: The Age of Innocence (Author quill2parchment) Rating M

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Substance abuse, Sensitive topic/issue/theme

Genre: Romance/Adventure/Marauder Era

Length: Chapter Two is 3288

Summary: This FanFic basically chronicles Amelia Bones & the Marauders from 1977-1981.

Ships:James/Lily, Amelia/Sirius

Areas of Concern: I would like your help review Chapter 2. I know it might be a little weird to skip over Chapter 1 (please let me know if this is a problem) but Chapter 2 really starts the introduction of most of my main characters (with the exception of Sirius.) I need CC on introducing James, Lily and Remus through the eyes of a younger student. I was hoping that this initial introduction show these well-known characters the way students at Hogwarts would have seen them at the time. I was interested in keeping them cannon and also believable. Thanks in advance!

LunaStellaCat

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Kiss the Girl by LunaStellaCat Rated (M)

Warnings and Advisories:  Rated (M) Advisories are Mild Language and Sexual Content

Genre/Era:  Harry Potter Between Wars (1981-1995) Genre Romance, Drama

Length: 5100 Words One-Shot

Summary:In the hopes of getting the girl down the aisle, Elphinstone Urquart attends a traditional wedding

Ships: Minerva McGonagall/ Elphinstone Urquart

Areas of Concern:  The general stuff, I guess.  I want to make sure the story has no holes, or if the story is enjoyable and honors canon. Kevin, your reviews are really helpful. Do whatever. 

TidalDragon

The first above is complete. Jenn, when I tried to access your story it oddly shows a word count, but also zero (0) chapters. So, for the time being anyway, I can't review since it's only showing me the story shell. I'm not sure if validation is still pending on edits or something, but feel free to re-post when this is corrected.

LunaStellaCat

OK that link should work now my bad.

quill2parchment

Hello, I wanted your input in another FanFic I started...

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: In This Darkness by Quill2Parchment

HPFF: http://bit.ly/2lv2p8W

Warnings and Advisories: M Sexual Context/Violence

Genre/Era: Second Generation

Length: Chapter 1: 4171 words

Summary: “She closed her eyes, and it was in this darkness that his lips found hers.”

Ships: Lily L. Potter/ OC

Areas of Concern: The first chapter serves as a back story/introduction. Before I upload chapter two, I would like to know if this chapter makes sufficient sense. There is meant to be unanswered questions, but, overall, I would like to know if the setup of the story makes enough sense... Also, anything you think is worth noting.

LunaStellaCat

Kevin, pick me again, please.

Story and Author Name, including RATED link:  Awkward Brother Rated (M) by LunaStellaCat

Warnings and Advisories:  Advisory (M) Warnings are Character Death, Hate Speech, Mild Profanity and Violence

Genre:  Drama, General

Length: 8414 (This is chaptered, but as it stands at the moment, it’s a one-shot)

Ships:Malcolm McGonagall

Summary:  Malcolm learns about life through silence. 

Areas of Concern:  Anything you would like, honestly.  This character is very sardonic; I wrote him that way for a handful of reasons.  (And because … I’m me.) Hopefully it's clear though the piece. 

LunaStellaCat

So, this is not so much a repost as a correction.  I had to run through edits and I wanted to give you the proper link: 

Story and Author Name, including RATED link:  Rated (M) by LunaStellaCat

Warnings and Advisories:  Advisory (M) Warnings are Character Death, Hate Speech, Mild Profanity and Violence

Genre:  Drama, General

Length: 8414 (This is chaptered, but as it stands at the moment, it’s a one-shot)

Ships:Malcolm McGonagall

Summary:  Malcolm McGonagall muddles through life and follows his own path.

Areas of Concern:  Anything you would like, honestly.  This character is very sardonic; I wrote him that way for a handful of reasons.  (And because … I’m me.)  Thanks.  ;)

*I could not edit the above post. Sorry.  Didn't want to lead you to a dead end. 

Edit by staff: just fixed your formatting so it was a little bit easier to read :)

Vilja

Hi :) Can I bother you with a one-shot?

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Burning Secrets by DossyVilja 12+

http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=337993

Warnings and Advisories: Mild violance

Genre: Horror/Dark, Mystery, Angst

Length: 2615

Summary:

Most say your actions define your character. But others would disagree: one’s life is not determined by the things he does, but by the things he does not do. I think it’s our secrets that really make us who we are.

A Severus Snape POV.

Ships: None

Areas of Concern: Anything you find could be improved :) But my major concern is that I'm deviating from canon, and I'm not sure if the story still sounds realistic.