Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Good luck to all the NaNoWriMo participants! Don't forget to stop by the Cafe.
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
adorably cute

adorably cute's reviews

adorably cute

Hi friends! I've been trying to read more of all of your wonderful stories and decided to start a review thread to give me even more opportunities to!

Rules:

1. Only stories posted on HPFT archive please
  2. Please only Harry Potter fics or Original Fiction
  3. One chapter per request but you are welcome to come back and request the next chapter 
  4. There will be 2 slots open at a time. If that changes, I'll post an update in the thread.

Information:

1. If it's been 7 days since you requested the review (and you haven't heard from me otherwise), feel free to nicely poke at me over PM
  2. I will love your story to death and use lots of exclamation points and just generally say nice things about you and your story (which is my general reviewing style) but if there are specific things you want me to look at, then let me know
  3. I'm open to reading pretty much anything (with a soft spot for Next Gen and Marauders), but if for some reason your request is a rare no-go for me, I will message you.
  4. All ratings are fine

Form:

Story and Author Name, including link:
Warnings and Advisories:
Genre
Length:
Summary:
Ships:
Areas of Concern:

2 Slots Open, people; send me your stories please!!!

galadriel

Ooooh, hello Sarah! I'm here to start off your review thread. :D

Story and Author Name, including link: Operation Basilisk (M)
Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Hate Speech, Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure, Angst
Length: 3030 words
Ships: James/Lily
Summary: 

Winter of 1979 brings with it an age of terror.

Diagon Alley is almost always deserted, propaganda fills the media, and people scurry away from shadows and quiet corners. Voldemort's on the rise with sneaky attacks in prominent places, and the Department of Law Enforcement is stretched thin trying to stop him. With the Dark Lord preparing to land a heavy blow on the Wizarding World, will a covert operation by the Aurors be able to tip the scales in their favour? 

Join James Potter and Sirius Black in Operation Basilisk to find out.

Areas of Concern: I'd love to know your thoughts on the characterisation and flow of this chapter. I'm not sure if the time jumps are easy to read or disrupt the flow, and whether James and Sirius seem true to what we know about them from canon. Any other suggestions/ constructive criticism would be great as well. 

Thank you! ❤️ 

Recent Badges

adorably cute

@Theia review completed!

2 slots open!

• Thanks 1

Veritaserum27

Ooo—ooo!  Pick me!  Pick meeeeee!

Story and Author Name, including link:  Actions Speak Louder than Words (M) by Veritaserum27
Warnings and Advisories:
 Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Length:44 Chapters (currently)
Summary:  Bravery comes in many different forms, even for a Ravenclaw like Rose.
Ships:
 Rose Weasley/Scorpius Malfoy (HP)
Areas of Concern:  My main issue right now is the flow of the mystery aspect of this story.  I'm heading into the final act, and I'm worried about how to reveal the 'secrets' and final clues to the mystery.  As far as this initial chapter goes, I'd love any feedback at all.  Thanks!  :wub: 

Chemical_Pixie

Hey Sarah! Mind if I take your second slot? ;) (I'm in the review forums for a reason, hahaha, guess what I'm doing tonight?)

Story and Author Name, including link: A Place Not Far From Here (M) by Chemical_Pixie (whichever chapter you left off on is fine!)
Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure, Crime/Mystery, Dark/Horror, Romance
Length: 104,573 words overall
Summary:

Attempting to stay one step ahead of The Cause, which violently echoes the time of Grindelwald, Amelia Fortescue faces turths she'd rather not admit, especially the ones related to James Potter.

As she tries to make sense of her present, she needs to confront her past. Amelia must find her way, but it's not as far as she might think.

Ships: James II/OC
Areas of Concern: Your general thoughts, how effective the narration is, etc.

(Sorry, for some reason my copied and pasted text won't unbold itself.) Thanks!

adorably cute

All slots currently closed!

@Veritaserum27, @Chemical_Pixie, am planning to get to them both later this weekend! I've been binging season 2 of ozark today so productivity has been a little low 😜

adorably cute

@Veritaserum27 your review is done!

@Chemical_Pixie Abby, I'm planning on doing yours later today or tomorrow. Have to figure out which chapter I left off at

1 slot open!

• Like 1

adorably cute

Both slots open!

• Thanks 1

Sleepingbagonthesofa

Sarah!! I'm here with a request for Revival if that's alright? ❤️

Story TitleRevival (M)

Advisories: Derogatory Language, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse

Genre: Romance, Drama, Humor

Length: Novel, One chapter so far (About 2000 words) 

Ships: Louis/OC James/OC

Summary : 

"There are three sides to this story: Yours, mine and the one they'll print in The Prophet."

A drama-free Seventh Year would have been nice, I guess I'm not that lucky.

Areas of Concern: You've heard me rant about writing this for a while so you know most of my general thoughts. I'm just after any first impressions and your thoughts on the intro to Rona ect. 

Recent Badges

RoxiMalfoy

LNW misses you, wifey #7, lol!!!! 😘

Story & Author Name: Love, Not War [M] by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings & Advisories: Hate Speech, Suicide, Violence
Genres: Angst, AU, Horror/Dark, Drama
Length: Novel (22 Chapters) WIP: 149,342 so far
Ships: Draco/OC, Lucius/Narcissa, Molly/Arthur, 
Summary: When tragedy strikes, Lucius Malfoy is forced to make a difficult decision. He then hands his only son over to the Order of the Phoenix, in the hopes that they will protect him from Lord Voldemort. Now, with nowhere else to go, Draco Malfoy is stuck living at the Burrow with the Weasley’s. But when another new witch from America moves in too, things start to get... interesting.
Areas of Concern: Sarah, I have missed your face, lol!! So I am here to request more of your beautiful reviews!!! 😋 You left off on Chapter 12: Total Strangers [M] the last time you R&R'd, and I have been sooo excited for you to come back and read this one!! I don't have any AoC's really. You can just feel free to point out anything that stands out, really. This chapter is one of the first times that we actually get to see Draco and Roxi interact 1-on-1 though, so I'm really curious to get your thoughts/reactions to that, lol!! 👍

Edited by RoxiMalfoy

victoria_anne

Me ^_^

Story and author name, including link: How to Catch a Snorkack (M)
Warnings and advisories: None
Genre: Action/adventure, crime/mystery, romance
Length: 3434 words so far
Summary: When Rolf Scamander seeks solace in a national park, all he wanted was a break from his homework. What he got, however, was a half-troll named Gus, a black market operation, the exploitation of magical creatures, and a girl searching for a Crumple-Horned Scorkack.
Ships: Rolf Scamander/Luna Lovegood
Areas of concern: I wrote this a few months ago and I still can't find the motivation to continue so general love and thoughts would be appreciated :wub: 

Sleepingbagonthesofa

Guess who's back... 

Story and Author Name, including link: Yaxley (M)
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst
Length: 32579 words so far (11 Chapters)
Summary: "Sirius, this isn't a game."

Caught between a family one one side and sympathies with the other, Cassiel Yaxley started her seventh year at Hogwarts attacked from both sides. Haunted by dark marks and hunted by people she once called friends, the only person she could turn to was the last person she would ever ask, Sirius Black.

Ships: Sirius/OC
Areas of Concern: So this chapter is emm... A relatively big chapter. 😄 I'm just after your thoughts on some of the developments/ plot points/ characters ect. 

• Like 1

Recent Badges

RoxiMalfoy

I'm sorry, but I just can't resist, lol!! 😛 

Story & Author Name: Love, Not War [M] by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings & Advisories: Hate Speech, Suicide, Violence
Genres: Angst, AU, Horror/Dark, Drama
Length: Novel (22 Chapters) WIP: 149,342 so far
Ships: Draco/OC, Lucius/Narcissa, Molly/Arthur, 
Summary: When tragedy strikes, Lucius Malfoy is forced to make a difficult decision. He then hands his only son over to the Order of the Phoenix, in the hopes that they will protect him from Lord Voldemort. Now, with nowhere else to go, Draco Malfoy is stuck living at the Burrow with the Weasley’s. But when another new witch from America moves in too, things start to get... interesting.
Areas of Concern: So it looks as though you last left off on Chapter 15: Answers [M], and I am sooo excited for you to read this chapter as well, Sarah!!! There is so much Draco/Roxi one-on-one time happening in the next 2 chapters, lol!! It all used to be one really, really long chapter, but then I split it up into two parts. It took me forever to find a good stopping place, so hopefully the transitions are okay. And if you want to/have time, you can read chapters 15 & 16 this go, since they both go together, but if not I can come back later. 😉

adorably cute

@RoxiMalfoy ohhh yes, I'm so excited to pick up again! I will definitely read both, it just may take me a little time between chapters!

1 slot open!

• Like 1

you-make-me-wander

Hi Sarah! Can I grab a slot? ^_^

Story & Author Name: The joys of you [M] | you-make-me-wander | (Chapter One)
Fandom / Era: Harry Potter / Next-Gen
Warnings & Advisories:  Mature, Sexual content, Spoilers
Genres:  AU, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Friendship, Family
Length: Multi-chaptered novel, on-going. Requested chapter (Chapter One) is 3064 words long
Ships: Scorpius/Rose , Draco/Astoria, Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, Albus/OC, Lily/Lysander, Hugo/OC & James/O C
Inclusivity: Gay, Anxiety, Depression, Dying/grieving
Summary: Scorpius comes back home after being four years away studying wandlore. Finding Astoria already affected by the curse that'll most likely kill her, Scorpius must learn how to deal with the inevitable loss and grief it'll bring, reconnecting with old friends and family, and with making sure that Rose knows that he's never stopped loving her.
Areas of Concern: Mostly the flow of the story and my writing style, since I've been told a few times that I have a certain way of writing that isn't so usual (I think it mostly pertains to longer sentences, that have a certain rythmic flow to them, at least to me). Overall opinion of the story is appreciated, and constructive criticism is welcome.

Thank you :wub:

Recent Badges

adorably cute

@you-make-me-wander slot is yours! Will get to it sometime this week!

1. RoxiMalfoy

2. you-make-me-wander

No slots currently available!

• Like 1

faeruhs

say no more I'm here!

Story and Author Name, including link: The Midas Touch [M] by godslayer
Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse
Genre: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Length: chapter 1 is 3,600 words
Summary: Sixth year was supposed to be the best school year yet. I finally get to study what I want, I have a boyfriend who loves me and friends who will support me through anything. How wrong could this possibly go?
Ships: Fred Weasley II/OC (HP), James Sirius Potter/OC (HP), Lily Luna Potter/Scorpius Malfoy (HP)
Areas of Concern: just after initial thoughts etc 💕

Recent Badges

starbuck

:ninjavanish:

i'm just casually going to, er, slither-in your thread and request and then probably come back for more later because oh well... :ninjavanish:

Story and Author Name, including link: The Art of Being Nonchalant (Or Not) [M] by starbuck

Warnings and Advisories: Sexual Content, Substance Abuse

Genre: Drama, Romance

Length: Novel, it currently has 7 chapters, 37 932 words (you already reviewed chapter 1 so i'm requesting for chapter 2 :P )

Summary:

"Have no fear, Quinn Jones."

Apparently, it is a truth universally acknowledged that I, Quinn Jones, a full-fledged Gryffindor, am actually afraid of three little words.

What a load of nonsense.

Ships: James Sirius Potter/OC

Areas of Concern: general thoughts? and eh...quinn as a character?

Edited by starbuck

Stella Blue

Hi Sarah! Thanks for offering reviews! :)

Story and Author Name, including link: to dwell on dreams by Stella Blue
Warnings and Advisories: violence, sexual content
Genre: Drama, romance, angst
Length: 3500 words
Summary:

and forget to live

but what does it mean to live?

Ships: Padma Patil/Lisa Turpin, Padma Patil/Sally-Anne Perks
Areas of Concern: General thoughts? Does the ending seem too abrupt?

Thank you!!