Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Our January Bulletin is up - check it out for a quick HPFT orientation or refresher!
  • The Great Collab of 2018-19 is underway!
  • Our Magical Menagerie review event has officially begun!
Kalkay

(Moaning)Myrtle Warren/Rubeus Hagrid

Kalkay

So this is my own personal head cannon that I've absolutely fallen in love with and is my OTP. I really wish I could find stories with it but alas, I think I'm alone in this.

I keep thinking about it though and they were in school at the same time and approximately the same year, hence the reason that Hagrid was blamed for her death and all that jazz. I could see them finding comfort (of sorts) in each other as they were both considered rather outcasts. I think their personalities would compliment each other well with how calming Hagrid attempts to be and how riled up Myrtle can get. I just imagine Hagrid falling for her and being absolutely broken when framed for her death and that's another reason why he also doesn't live in Hogwarts.

I would've loved to see more about their time in Hogwarts together and what JK would think about it.

pookha

Not too often that I see a ship I've never seen before.  This one makes a kind of sense and I would like to see it done! They have some possible chemistry.

MalfoysAngel

Someone should really try to write this! I woukd love to read it

galaxies

I have been into Harry Potter fanfiction for a long time.  Long time.  Like a decade.

And never once have I considered Myrtle/Hagrid before - nor have I come across one!

So naturally my first reaction is...  "Uhm?"

But here's my thoughts after thinking about it for a moment.

I definitely see a friendship here - Hagrid was, after all, blamed for owning the creature that killed her and whether or not she knew that I do feel Hagrid would have felt remorse and so making amends with her ghost when he became the groundskeeper.  And I personally don't feel a romantic relationship between them after Myrtle becomes a ghost, for obvious reasons.  Who does one date a ghost?

However, honestly, I don't know if there was much that would have brought them together before her death, either.

It would be an interesting story if someone was to write it, though!  I feel like my mind needs to be opened up a bit more for this ship!

WindingArrow

I want to say Challenge Accepted, but I have other things going on... However... I can't continue with my current WIPs until I see whether or not I can recover data from my broken hard drive. So... This might keep me preoccupied...

But, this is a very interesting idea and if anyone else were to write it, I would definitely read it. I have seen Myrtle/Tom fics before, though. The sad part is, with all this happening in their third year, there wasn't a lot of time for their relationship to blossom.

I really want to try this out, though...

Nhaz

Hmm... Something like

"Alrigh', alrigh', ", Rubeus said, holding up a box. "Got summat 'ere yer'd wanna see."

"What?", Myrtle's eyes, still wet wth tears, darted to the huge boy.

"Thought it might take yer mind off all tha' codswallop those ruddy Slytherins been talking abou' ye", the boy said, smiling sheepishly. "Reckon yer gonna like tha'."

With a triumphant "tadaaa", he opened the box, revealing a small, furry creature. Myrtle giggled. It was fluffy and cuddly and had an air of innocence about itself.

"What is it, Rubeus?", she asked, all thoughts of slander gone from her head.

"'S a niffler, it is", Hagrid said, taking in the sight of the girl's beaming face.

"Oi", he muttered awkwardly a second later, when Myrtle's expression had shifter to frantic rage as she was trying to shake off the niffler that had now latched itself to her bracelet, "shoulda warned yer abou' tha'."

Not that I'll ever get to writing a fic about that...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Shadowkat678

I now want to ship this really bad.