News Ticker

magemadi's Reviews

magemadi

Hello everyone! I'm back again with a multi-fandom review thread ^_^ Please read my guidelines carefully so I don't have to skip you. 

Things I enjoy reading:

Fandom: Original Fiction, HP The 100, Merlin, Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, Tortall Universe (Tamora Pierce), HTTYD, aka most fandoms, but if you're unsure if I'm familiar with it, just send me a PM ^_^

Genres/Eras/Inclusivity: All

Themes: Most anything

Things I will NOT read:

Ships: Hermione/Snape, Hermione/Tom Riddle, Hermione/Ron (focus), student/teacher (or other similar pairings)

Themes: teenage pregnancy (unplanned or other pregnancy types are fine, I'm just not very familiar with teen pregnancy), adult/minor relationships, very gory violence

Other Guidelines:

• Can review on AO3, FFN, or FFT, but prefer FFT
  • I will have 2 slots open at a time as I am a busy graduate student, and my turn-around time is two-three weeks, so please PM if it's been longer than that.
  • You may request up to 2 chapters at a time for a short story/novella/novel/etc but it may take a bit longer. 

Form: 

Story and Author Name, including link: 
Warnings and Advisories: 
Genre: 
Length: 
Ships: 
Summary: 
Areas of Concern: 
Current Review Request Count: __/5 

I'm excited to read all of the wonderful things you have been writing! ^_^

Edited by frostmagemadi
edited per madi's request

Madi! Jumping in on this like I said I would! ?

Story Name, Author, and Link: The Week of Unknown Pranks (m)

Warnings and Advisories: language,I guess? 

Genre: humor, AU

Ships: none besides friendship ? (I'll see myself out)

Length: 3986 words

Summary: 

James and Sirius are baffled when someone else starts pranking Snivellus. Lily is still trying to feel her way around the office. Albus tries to score an invite to the Semi-Annual Chair Races.

Or, the Marauders The Office AU I've previously discussed

Areas of Concern: flow is a big area I'm concerned with for this because there are a lot of breaks within it. otherwise, I'd love to just hear your thoughts! ♥️

Hello Madi, I have finally made it here, lol!! ? 

Story & Author Name: Doing the Right Thing by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings & Advisories: None
Genres: AU, Dark/Horror
Length: One-Shot, 1,500 Words
Ships: N/A
Summary: Mother had always said that I was different. She believed that I was capable of doing the right thing. Whatever that meant...
Areas of Concern: Feel free to point out whatever sticks out to you in this, I'm really not picky at all. This is the prequel one-shot to my Novel Love, Not War. It actually takes place about three months or so before the events of the main story begin... I would love to hear your thoughts on this, Madi!!! If you like it, I'd be happy to come back and request some reviews on the main story as well!! ☺️ 

• 5 weeks later...

One slot open! Deana I'll get to yours tomorrow :) 

Slots: 

1. RoxiMalfoy

2. OPEN

Story Name, Author, and Link: The Shopping List (T), by esmeraude

Warnings and Advisories: None

Genre: Fluff, Humour

Ships: None

Length: 933 words

Summary:

The shopping list pinned to the kitchen door of Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place, reveals far more about the Potter children than their parents would like you to know.

Areas of Concern: So, this idea came to me while answering reviews and I'm feeling nervous about it because it's a bit of an unconventional one-shot :$ I was limited on formatting -- is the story easy to read? Can you tell each of the kids' characterisations through what they write? How realistic are the sibling relationships? I ended the fic where it ended because it felt like the story needed to be short -- but does it feel like a natural ending? What popped out to you as great and what was terrible? Thank you ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

1 slot open! @esmeraude, I'll do my best to get to yours in the next couple of days ^_^ 

:grinningpumpkin:Slots::grinningpumpkin:

1. esmeraude

2. OPEN

Happy Halloweekend number 1! Both slots are open again. ^_^ 

:grinningpumpkin:Slots: :grinningpumpkin:

1. OPEN

2. OPEN

Hello lovely! Could I possibly request a review? I don't mind which one, anything that takes your fancy: +ap. I know you're not super into wolfstar and I am. terrible wolfstar garbage BUT there is non-wolfstar content! so feel free to pick one of those. :P (I was going to start listing the non-wolfstar ones but there's quite a lot actually! against all odds, only 5/28 fics on my ap are wolfstar. WHO KNEW, I sure didn't. clearly this means i should write more.)

• Like 1

Hello! I see you like rare pairs so I have a rare pair(s) for you! :)

Story and Author Name, including link: to dwell on dreams by Stella Blue
Warnings and Advisories: violence, sexual content
Genre: Drama, romance, angst
Length: 3500 words
Summary:

and forget to live

but what does it mean to live?

Ships: Padma Patil/Lisa Turpin, Padma Patil/Sally-Anne Perks
Areas of Concern: General thoughts? Does the ending seem too abrupt?

Thank you!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Both slots are now open! 

Slots:

1. OPEN

2. OPEN

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Madi!

[b]Story and Author Name, including RATED link[/b]: Founders Four: Pillars of the Ages (M) by shadowkat678

Advisories: Violence

Genre[/b]: Adventure/action, Angst, Drama, General

Length: 2915 words

Summary:

History speaks to us of four friends, a school they together founded, and a division that still echoes through the stone halls of Hogwarts today. Yet, that great castle was never truly the beginning, and most certainly wasn't the end. Maybe, it's time to find out what the history books didn't tell you.

Ships: Eventually Salazar/Helga, but nothing yet.

Areas of Concern: I'm starting this back up and I'm trying to revise and add to the existing chapters while writing the next ones. I remember when I first posted this three years ago a few people mentioned they had trouble separating the characters, and there were also lots of suggested edits. I want to make sure I have all of that fixed up. Also, just any general constructive criticism you could think of.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello hello! School is back in session so please PM me if there are delays in your review One slot open!

Slots:

1. @Shadowkat678 - hopefully will get to this by the end of the week!

2. OPEN

Hey Madi, I have finally made it back here to request some reviews for my Novel!!! ?

Story & Author Name: Love, Not War [M] by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings & Advisories: Rated for Hate Speech, Suicide, Violence
Genres: Angst, AU, Horror/Dark, Drama
Length: Novel (23 Chapters) WIP: 160,260 so far
Ships: Draco/OC, Lucius/Narcissa, Molly/Arthur, 
Summary: When tragedy strikes, Lucius Malfoy is forced to make a difficult decision. He then hands his only son over to the Order of the Phoenix, in the hopes that they will protect him from Lord Voldemort. Now, with nowhere else to go, Draco Malfoy is stuck living at the Burrow with the Weasley’s. But when another new witch from America moves in too, things start to get... interesting.
Areas of Concern: Hey Madi!! I'm really glad you liked the one-shot, and I am so excited for you to start reading the Novel now!! If you'd like, you can skip reviewing the Prologue here, as I have already gotten a lot of feedback on that chapter over the years. I'd really like reviews for Chapters 1 & 2: The Letter and The Healer, but I know you're limited on time right now also. So it's totally okay if you only have the time for just one of these at the moment also... I hope you like it, Madi. Thank you so much!! ? 

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
  • Like 1

One slot open again!

Slots:

1. @RoxiMalfoy - will hopefully get this done this week!

2. OPEN

Oooh can I grab it? ^_^

Story Name, Author, and Rated Link: Push and Pull (T) | you-make-me-wander
Warnings and Advisories: None
Genre: Angst, AU, Fluff, Humor, Romance
Ships: Bellamy Blake/Clarke Griffin (The 100)
Length: 2379 words (one-shot - for now anyway)
Summary: He can't think of many things more attractive than falling for a beautiful someone whose beauty isn't what actually attracts him. Only problem is, he can't stand her, a feeling that she reciprocates passionately. When Bellamy and Clarke are paired up for a First Kiss Experiment, could anything go right?
Areas of Concern: Just the overall flow and opinion of the story and its plot, and if perhaps it's worth pursuing more chapters.

Thank you :wub:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@RoxiMalfoy and @you-make-me-wander, both of your reviews are done! ^_^ Both slots are now open!

Slots:

1. OPEN

2. OPEN

Hi, Madi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this if you don't mind! Thanks! ❤️ 

Story Name, Author, and Rated Link: June Bug (M) by yours truly

Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild), Sexual Content, Derogatory Language, & Substance Abuse

Genre:  Angst, Drama, and Hurt/Comfort

Ships: no main pairings, but Teddy/Victoire and Bill/Fleur make appearances

Length: one-shot, about 8k

Summary:  As far as Louis Weasley is concerned, life couldn't be better. He has his family, a decent job, and Tessa, his not-quite-girlfriend. In a few months, he'll have enough money saved up to buy a place of his own. His life is right where he wants it to be. But life, as it so often does, has other plans.

Areas of Concern: Everything I've written in the past couple of years has either been a continuation of a WIP or a reworking of something old. This is the first completely brand-new thing I've written in a long time, and is something where I got an idea out of nowhere and just ran with it. What I'm worried about, as silly as it may sound, is if this story makes it obvious that I've been out of the game for a while. I'm worried that it's sloppy, rushed in some places but dragging on in others, etc. Basically, is it a mess? Lol

(Heads up - This story is centered upon an unplanned pregnancy and the hard choices that come along with it. Your guidelines said teen pregnancy stories are a no-no, and though my characters aren't teens, it's still a pregnancy storyline. If that isn't your cup of tea, I completely understand! :) )

Guest Noelle Zingarella

Hello Madi. I would love a review for a chapter or two of my story Moonlight if you are interested. It is a Snape/OC pairing, so if that's not your cup of tea I totally understand. The OC is an American witch, about the same age as Snape. It's set during the Hogwarts years. Thanks for considering!

Story Name, Author, and Rated Link:  Moonlight by Noelle Zingarella

Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Sexual Content, Domestic Abuse, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre:  Action/Adventure, Angst, Romance

Ships:  Snape/Female OC

Length:  Novella

Summary:  Miranda Rose had always been a bit reckless. She did what she wanted when she wanted and took the consequences as they came. However, when she meets a certain dark-eyed Potions Master in the summer of 1995, the consequences would change her life forever.

Areas of Concern: This is my first fanfic in a long time, so I guess I'm just looking for encouragement and feedback. 

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

@ReillyJade and @Noelle Zingarella both of your reviews are done! Both stories very intriguing! ^_^ 

Both slots open!! 

Slots:

1. OPEN

2. OPEN

Edited by MadiMalfoy
  • Thanks 1

Hey Madi! Here to request a slot for my new WIP, Inheritance :)

Story and Author Name: Inheritance by Bunbury. Here's the +link

Fandom/Era: Harry Potter, Second Wizarding War

Warnings/Advisories: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Violence 

Genre: Mystery, Horror, Drama, Romance, Humour (tonal whiplash is unfortunately my modus operandi) 

Length: about 2700 words (Chapter 1)

Summary: Phaedra Morley leads a quiet, private life, working at a Diagon Alley apothecary and looking after her infirm mother. But Phaedra has a secret, and now she must retrace her father's footsteps through the Dark Arts and find out what he was working on when he disappeared in the wake of Voldemort's fall. Along the way she enlists the help of a feckless bookseller and -- much to his displeasure -- Severus Snape. A story of death, madness, haunted houses, true friends, and Cockroach Clusters. 

Ships: Eventual Snape/OC, but the development of their relationship is glacial. 

Areas of Concern: Basically any information about what you did or didn't like, and any constructive criticism, would be really helpful. This is the first chapter of what's slated to be a long story, so I'd rather know about problems now than later! 

• Like 1

Hi, Madi! :)

Do you mind if I steal your second slot? :rose:

Story Name, Author, and Rated Link: All the truth about Jimmy Portman (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre: Angst, AU, Drama

Ships: Peter/Remus, James/Lily

Length: 36 chapters, 104843 words. The first 2 chapters are around 3500 words total.

Summary:

Destiny is the result of people's choices. And any single choice can change it completely.

In this AU the Marauders are still alive and free (more or less...), Neville Longbottom is the guy with the scar, and Harry... Well, just read and find out!

Areas of Concern: nothing in particular. Would just love to hear your thoughts. :wub: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Bunbury your review is done, apologies for the delay! @Felpata_Lupin I'll get to yours by the end of this weekend, I promise!!

Slots:

1. @Felpata_Lupin

2. OPEN

• Like 2

Hi there! Snagging the second spot!

Story Name, Author, and Rated Link: Heaven Can Wait (M) by Pen2Paper

Warnings and Advisories: Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, some Violence

Genre:  Drama, General, Romance

Ships:  James/Lily

Length:  9 Chapters so far, Novel, would love to request for first two!

Summary:   An imagining of James and Lily's lives as they move forward from "Snape's Worst Memory" and the events that followed that led them to fall for each other. 

Areas of Concern:

I'll take any advice you have for me. My main concern is plot and character development.

Thank you so much!! 

@Felpata_Lupin your review is done, apologies for the further delay! @Pen2Paper, I'll get to yours probably this weekend as those are some looong chapters :P One slot open! 

Slots:

1. @Pen2Paper

2. OPEN

Edited by MadiMalfoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Madi - can I snag the second slot? ^_^

Story Name, Author, and Rated Link: Tainted (M) by Mrsdarcy

Warnings and Advisories: derogatory language, hate speech, sexual content, substance abuse, violence 

Genre:  action/adventure, dark, romance 

Ships:  Regulus/OC

Length:  novel 50k+

Summary:    

An exploration of the life and death of Regulus Arcturus Black in the final months leading up to his valiant treachery

Featuring: the devoted house-elf Kreacher, the Death Eater and soccer-mum Fau MacNair, the scrupulous businessman Hannibal Borgin, and, his apprentice, the enigmatic witch Alma Pierce

Areas of Concern: just your thoughts :D