Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Our January Bulletin is up - check it out for a quick HPFT orientation or refresher!
  • The Great Collab of 2018-19 is underway!
  • Our Magical Menagerie review event has officially begun!
esmeraude

The Women Supporting Women Challenge | 24th January 2018

MadiMalfoy

Heya! Here's my entry Snapshots+! I really quite enjoyed writing this piece and using this style for the first time. I'm excited to see what everyone else comes up with! ^_^  

Elena

Is it too late to join?

I am notoriously BAD at this, given that I'm a Mum of 5 with very limited time. HOWEVER, I have recently broken my writers block with some story exchanges, so hoping this will keep the momentum going :)

• Like 1

Wiki

Oh my gosh, you guys are amazing! You make me want to write again, like, actually write, not just ideas! I'm up for it if it's not too late! We should post them on 24th or can we post them earlier? I'm a bit confused about that.

• Like 1

PaulaTheProkaryote

(Just sneaking in to clarify that you can post your story any time up until the 24th) 

• Thanks 1

Recent Badges

Downbelow

Can I pick two numbers and pair them up? No matter the universe / era?

Numbers 6 and 9 :D

Chemical_Pixie

I have a plot bunny for my Marlene McKinnon, Emmeline Vance, and Arabella Figg from my A Woman's Place fic (if you're looking for feminist fic recommendations, look no further, lol), so I aim to enter this challenge! :D 

Shadowkat678

I would like to enter this, with a choice that isn't seen much and relating to my current WIP. 

Helena Hufflepuff and Rowena Ravenclaw. 

Nhaz
Posted (edited)

Okay, so I take Nerida Vulchanova and Iolanthe Peverell.

... EDIT: Checked the dates. I guess it'll be intergenerational.

Edited by Nhaz

Chemical_Pixie

Hello! I've finished my entry. You can read it +here (m). It's a companion piece to my A Woman's Place fic. Thanks for hosting such an awesome challenge!

Enora Gray

Is it too late to want in on this? If not I would like #44

Enora Gray

@esmeraude

Sorry for double posting I wish to write for the challenge using Luna Lovegood and Daphne Greengrass.

galadriel
On 11/24/2018 at 5:50 AM, Elena said:

Is it too late to join?

Popping in to clarify that you can join any time before the specified deadline. Just make sure your entry is in the queue by the 24th. :)

Recent Badges

Enora Gray

I am nervously throwing this up here but I am proud of myself for just starting and finishing something! Letters to an Unlikely Friend

sunshine_locks

hello! i've got a question. can a chapter that's part of a story be an entry? because i've actually got a chapter coming up for one of my stories (whose name is 'Capture Me' that i need to write that works really well with this challenge! thank you!

galadriel

isobel, this challenge is so good that my OF idea turned into a much larger project :P 

buut i have a different one as my entry! here's a sixth year Ginny fic of which the first chapter is posted - Out of the Shadows+ [m] 

• Like 2

Recent Badges

ShadowRose

alright i finally finished the thing i've been telling myself i was gonna write for this: made up of magic ^_^

• Like 1

lovegood27

Hello! I realise I never posted in here to say I was taking part in this, but I have an entry +here for the challenge- if it’s allowed and you’re willing to accept it? :/ I only posted it a few days ago, and it’s not pre-written.

(Thank you @Crimson Quill for suggesting the idea ❤️ )

galadriel

Hi everyone! Isobel's been pretty caught up with some RL problems and is unable to come online long enough to post properly, so she's asked me to respond in her place. Sorry for the wait! ❤️ 

On 11/30/2018 at 8:02 AM, TreacleTart said:

@esmeraude I'd like to be a maybe for this. Could I see #3 and #13 please??

#3 and #13 are Lavender Brown and Minerva McGonagall.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:31 AM, Downbelow said:

Can I pick two numbers and pair them up? No matter the universe / era?

Numbers 6 and 9

Yes, you can! #6 and #9 are Katie Bell and Cho Chang

On 1/9/2019 at 8:09 AM, sunshine_locks said:

hello! i've got a question. can a chapter that's part of a story be an entry? because i've actually got a chapter coming up for one of my stories (whose name is 'Capture Me' that i need to write that works really well with this challenge! thank you!

As long as it's a newly written chapter, that's fine! But try to make sure it's understandable as a standalone chapter as well and specify which chapter's for this challenge in your summary. :)

On 1/16/2019 at 5:57 AM, lovegood27 said:

I realise I never posted in here to say I was taking part in this, but I have an entry +here for the challenge- if it’s allowed and you’re willing to accept it? :/ I only posted it a few days ago, and it’s not pre-written.

Absolutely! ^_^ 

• Like 2

Recent Badges

sunshine_locks

@galadriel oof, i actually submitted the chapter into the queue a few days ago, so it's already published, so I'm not sure if it's a viable entry anymore.

galadriel
17 minutes ago, sunshine_locks said:

@galadriel oof, i actually submitted the chapter into the queue a few days ago, so it's already published, so I'm not sure if it's a viable entry anymore.

As long as you wrote it when the challenge was open (and it fits the challenge requirements), it counts as an entry. just post the link here if it is. And you can PM me if you're unsure and want to check. ^_^ 

Recent Badges

sunshine_locks

hello! here is my entry+!