News Ticker

The Women Supporting Women Challenge | 24th January 2019

suzy turquoise blue

Heya! Here's my entry Snapshots+! I really quite enjoyed writing this piece and using this style for the first time. I'm excited to see what everyone else comes up with! ^_^  

Is it too late to join?

I am notoriously BAD at this, given that I'm a Mum of 5 with very limited time. HOWEVER, I have recently broken my writers block with some story exchanges, so hoping this will keep the momentum going :)

• Like 1

Oh my gosh, you guys are amazing! You make me want to write again, like, actually write, not just ideas! I'm up for it if it's not too late! We should post them on 24th or can we post them earlier? I'm a bit confused about that.

• Like 1

(Just sneaking in to clarify that you can post your story any time up until the 24th) 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to enter this, with a choice that isn't seen much and relating to my current WIP. 

Helena Hufflepuff and Rowena Ravenclaw. 

Okay, so I take Nerida Vulchanova and Iolanthe Peverell.

... EDIT: Checked the dates. I guess it'll be intergenerational.

Edited by Nhaz

On 11/24/2018 at 5:50 AM, Elena said:

Is it too late to join?

Popping in to clarify that you can join any time before the specified deadline. Just make sure your entry is in the queue by the 24th. :)

hello! i've got a question. can a chapter that's part of a story be an entry? because i've actually got a chapter coming up for one of my stories (whose name is 'Capture Me' that i need to write that works really well with this challenge! thank you!

isobel, this challenge is so good that my OF idea turned into a much larger project :P 

buut i have a different one as my entry! here's a sixth year Ginny fic of which the first chapter is posted - Out of the Shadows+ [m] 

• Like 2

alright i finally finished the thing i've been telling myself i was gonna write for this: made up of magic ^_^

• Like 1

Hello! I realise I never posted in here to say I was taking part in this, but I have an entry +here for the challenge- if it’s allowed and you’re willing to accept it? :/ I only posted it a few days ago, and it’s not pre-written.

(Thank you @Crimson Quill for suggesting the idea ❤️ )

Hi everyone! Isobel's been pretty caught up with some RL problems and is unable to come online long enough to post properly, so she's asked me to respond in her place. Sorry for the wait! ❤️ 

On 11/30/2018 at 8:02 AM, TreacleTart said:

@esmeraude I'd like to be a maybe for this. Could I see #3 and #13 please??

#3 and #13 are Lavender Brown and Minerva McGonagall.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:31 AM, Downbelow said:

Can I pick two numbers and pair them up? No matter the universe / era?

Numbers 6 and 9

Yes, you can! #6 and #9 are Katie Bell and Cho Chang

On 1/9/2019 at 8:09 AM, sunshine_locks said:

hello! i've got a question. can a chapter that's part of a story be an entry? because i've actually got a chapter coming up for one of my stories (whose name is 'Capture Me' that i need to write that works really well with this challenge! thank you!

As long as it's a newly written chapter, that's fine! But try to make sure it's understandable as a standalone chapter as well and specify which chapter's for this challenge in your summary. :)

On 1/16/2019 at 5:57 AM, lovegood27 said:

I realise I never posted in here to say I was taking part in this, but I have an entry +here for the challenge- if it’s allowed and you’re willing to accept it? :/ I only posted it a few days ago, and it’s not pre-written.

Absolutely! ^_^ 

• Like 2

@galadriel oof, i actually submitted the chapter into the queue a few days ago, so it's already published, so I'm not sure if it's a viable entry anymore.

17 minutes ago, sunshine_locks said:

@galadriel oof, i actually submitted the chapter into the queue a few days ago, so it's already published, so I'm not sure if it's a viable entry anymore.

As long as you wrote it when the challenge was open (and it fits the challenge requirements), it counts as an entry. just post the link here if it is. And you can PM me if you're unsure and want to check. ^_^ 

@esmeraude my entry is up!

Time for a Change (M) by juls

Thank you for the fabulous challenge!

Just popping in to say that my story should be up shortly. (Just cause I'm paranoid that this'll get locked early for some reason. *sigh* anxiety)

• Like 1

• galadriel locked this topic