Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Happy Pride month! <3
  • Congratulations to all of our house award winners!
  • Minister Fenley is embroiled in scandal. Will her career survive?
you-make-me-wander

you-make-me-wander's reviews

Felpata_Lupin

Oooh! Can I steal the second slot? :wub:

Story and Author Name, including link: All the truth about Jimmy Portman (M) by Felpata_Lupin
Fandom/Era: Harry Potter/between wars (set during Philosopher's Stone)
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Angst, AU, Drama
Length: so far 31 chapters and 85231 words
Summary

Destiny is the result of people's choices. And any single choice can change it completely.

In this AU the Marauders are still alive and free (more or less...), Neville Longbottom is the guy with the scar, and Harry... Well, just read and find out!

Ships: James/Lily, Peter/Remus, possibly others
Areas of Concern (if any): as always, just your thoughts! :) I'll try to reply to your last reviews asap... :$ 

you-make-me-wander

@javu @Felpata_Lupin Hi guys! Thank you for requesting. I'll get to reviewing your works as soon as possible ^^

✤ ✤ ✤

This week's slots are now occupied!

• Like 1

Recent Badges

you-make-me-wander

@Alwynse @Felpata_Lupin Hi girls. Your reviews are finally in! I'm sorry it took me so long to get to them.

I'm not a hero - Chapters 1 & 2

All the truth about Jimmy Portman - Chapters 5 & 6

I love reading any responses to my reviews, so please reply if you can! If you'd like new reviews on any of your stories, make sure to check back for an open spot ^_^

✤ ✤ ✤

Slots now open: 2

• Thanks 1

Recent Badges

Felpata_Lupin

May I? :P 

Story and Author Name, including link: All the truth about Jimmy Portman (M) by Felpata_Lupin
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Length: so far 33 chapters and 93696 words
Summary

Destiny is the result of people's choices. And any single choice can change it completely.

In this AU the Marauders are still alive and free (more or less...), Neville Longbottom is the guy with the scar, and Harry... Well, just read and find out!

Ships: James/Lily, Peter/Remus, possibly others
Areas of Concern (if any): as always, just your thoughts! :wub:

Edited by Felpata_Lupin

northbound24

I'd like a review it would be good to get a view on my style of writing and if I could improve.

Story and Author Name, including linkA Halloween Wake by northbound24

Fandom/Era: Fandom: Harry Potter Era: Between the Wars (1981-1995) (it's set in 1989)
Warnings and Advisories: None
Genre: AU
Length: 1K words, complete
Ships: None
Areas of Concern (if any): Just to see what you think and any constructive criticism as it's my first story on the archives

Summary:  It's Halloween 1989 and Obadiah Teague has been laid to rest in Godric's Hollow. His descendant Eddie sees a snapshot of two different generations of the wizarding world. His own and Dumbledore's

you-make-me-wander

@Felpata_Lupin @northbound24 Hey guys. Your reviews are in!

All the truth about Jimmy Portman - Chapters 7 & 8

A Halloween Wake

I love reading any responses to my reviews, so please reply if you can! If you'd like new reviews on any of your stories, make sure to check back for an open spot ^_^

✤ ✤ ✤

Slots now open: 2

• Thanks 1

Recent Badges

copilot

alright alright alright! as i think... the entire site knows, i went ahead and rewrote the beginnings of the midas touch and i'd love some input, so here i am!

Story and Author Name, including link: The Midas Touch [M] by godslayer
Fandom/Era: Harry Potter Next Gen
Warnings and Advisories: Addiction, Breakups, Bullying, Discrimination, Dying/Grieving, Family, Fate/Prophecy, Friendship, Love/Hate Relationships, Slow Build/Slow Burn
Genre: Angst, Crime/Mystery, Dark/Horror, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Length: chapter one is 2,835 words
Summary: 

"Why did you invite Bianchi? Even germs don’t like her.”

Richest girl at Hogwarts. Prettiest girl at Hogwarts. Meanest girl at Hogwarts. 

But apparently my great aunt getting murdered overshadows all of that. 

Unbelievable. 

Ships: Albus Severus Potter/OC (HP), Fred Weasley II/OC (HP), James Sirius Potter/OC (HP), Lily Luna Potter/Scorpius Malfoy (HP), Unlisted Pairing
Areas of Concern (if any): how does Aurora come across as a narrator and can you pick up on any sort of foreshadowing? 

Thank you in advance! ?

Recent Badges

you-make-me-wander

@faeruhs The slot is yours. I'll get back to you some time in the nex few days ^_^

✤ ✤ ✤

Slots now open: 1

• Thanks 1

Recent Badges

MrsDarcy

Hi there! Can I grab a slot? Pretty new to all this :D 

Story and Author Name, including linkThe Anne Clarke Chronicle (M) by MrsDarcy
Fandom/Era: Harry Potter / Trio Era 
Warnings and Advisories: derogatory language, profanity, discrimination, sexual content, violence (later on and not too dark) 
Genre: humor/romance/general
Length: 2112 (first chap) 
Summary

Meet Anne Clarke: cheerful, chatty and caring, but perhaps not the brightest witch her age and with an undeniable knack for embarrassing situations. 

After having led an utterly dull life for 25 years, fate decides to throw a few things her way  

Ships: Remus/OC

The review doesn't need to be an in-depth analysis, just looking for a few lines of constructive feedback:) 

Edited by LadyL8
Unrated mature link

you-make-me-wander
Posted (edited)

@faeruhs @MrsDarcy Your reviews are in!

The Midas Touch (M) - Chapter 1

The Anne Clarke Chronicle (M) - Chapter 1

Edited by you-make-me-wander
  • Like 2

Recent Badges

you-make-me-wander
Posted (edited)

you-make-me-wander's Reviews - Change in the rules - Jan/Feb 2019

✤ ✤ ✤

The next couple of months will be very busy for me, as my college exams are fast approaching. I'm afraid I won't have as much free time as I'd like to read and review as I please, but I don't want to stop reading either (the blasphemy!), so I'll commit halfway. I won't set a deadline to review, as I'll be very likely to fail it, but I'll work on reading and reviewing on a first come, first served basis for the duration of the next two months.

If you're alright with that, please request away ^_^

I'll do only one chapter at a time, and try to go through to 2-3 reviews a week, if I'm lucky. The general rules and preferences are unchanged and you can check them here. The requesting form also remains the same, and is as follows:

Story and Author Name, including link: 
Fandom/Era:
Warnings and Advisories: 
Genre: 
Length: 
Summary: 
Ships: 
Areas of Concern (if any): 

Happy new year, everyone. Hope it's a good one! :hug:

Edited by you-make-me-wander

Recent Badges

Shadowkat678

Story and Author Name, including link:  Founders Four: Pillars of the Ages by Shadowkat678 (M), for Chapter One.

Fandom/Era: Harry Potter/Founders

Warnings and Advisories:  Violence

Genre: General, Action/Adventure

Length: 2775

Summary: History speaks to us of four friends, a school they together founded, and a division that still echoes through the stone halls of Hogwarts today. Yet, that great castle was never truly the beginning, and most certainly wasn't the end. Maybe, it's time to find out what the history books didn't tell you.

Ships: N/A

Areas of Concern (if any): Any general stuff. Flow. Anything that caught your eye that could be touched up.

RoxiMalfoy
Posted (edited)

Hello Susanna! I hope I am reading this right, and that you still have 2 Slots open. ?  If not, feel free to skip over this request.

Story & Author Name: Doing the Right Thing by RoxiMalfoy
Fandom/Era: Harry Potter Fandom - Second Wizarding War

Warnings & Advisories: None
Genres: AU, Dark/Horror
Length: One-Shot, 1,500 Words
Ships: N/A
Summary: Mother had always said that I was different. She believed that I was capable of doing the right thing. Whatever that meant...
Areas of Concern: This is the prequel piece to my WIP Novel Love, Not War., which I am very excited to request from you since you seem to like Novels!!! ? This One-Shot actually takes place about three months prior to the events of the main story though, and I would love to hear your thoughts on it before starting the Main story. Feel free to discuss whatever sticks out to you in this, dear. I am not picky at all, really. 

Edited by RoxiMalfoy

Felpata_Lupin

Hey, Susana, my dear!

You know I can't go without your feedback for too long... (If I understood right, you haven't a slots limit at the moment? Feel free to ignore my request if I misinterpreted... :$ )

Length: so far 35 chapters and 103022 words
Summary

Ships: James/Lily, Peter/Remus
Areas of Concern (if any): as always, just your thoughts! :wub:  And thank you so much in advance!!! :hug:

you-make-me-wander

@Shadowkat678 Your review for Chapter 1 of Founders Four: Pillars of the Ages is in!

Thank you for requesting, I'm loving it already ^_^

Recent Badges

beyond the rain

Story and Author Name, including link:  Daughter's Lament (M)
Fandom/Era: between wars mostly 
Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre:  AU, angst, general, hurt/comfort, romance
Length: currently WIP with 1 chapter uploaded but more are in the queue! 
Summary: Tell me, mother, are you proud?
Ships: charlie x oc
Areas of Concern (if any):  so this fic is another of mine where it "lacks an overarching plot" and is more about exploring a character's life. I'm writing an old trope and I just hope that what I'm doing isn't too terrible. I also want to know your thoughts on my main character, Aurelia. I'm trying to consider all aspects, like who her parents are, who raised her - and how she would behave as a person. I want her to be out there, eccentric, but to have a mean streak too. If that isn't coming off or if it isn't working, would you be able to let me know? 

I really just want to hear a second opinion on this fic and that what I'm doing isn't a terrible idea. I don't expect you to review all the chapters, if you can only manage one then that'd be amazing honestly. There's no rush either! 

Recent Badges

MrsDarcy

Hi Susana, I'm back for another of your lovely reviews. You wrote that you were busy, so there's really no rush - just whenever you have the time :P

Story and author nameThe Anne Clarke Chronicle (M) by MrsDarcy 

Fandom/Era: golden trio era 

Warnings and advisories: derogatory language, sexual content, violence 

Genre: AU, general, romance, humor

Length: 4 chapters this far (11001 w)

Summary:

Meet Anne Clarke: cheerful, chatty and caring, but perhaps not the brightest witch her age and with an undeniable knack for awkward situations.

In the midst of her dull life, Anne is offered a position as nurse at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - something that will lead her to an old infatuation, a secret cult and the baffling mystery of disappearing socks.

Ships: Remus/oc

Areas of concern: just your thoughts - a bit on the writing in general would be awesome ^_^

grumpy cat

hey susana - i hope you're okay with a drastoria?

Story Name, Author, and Rated Link: Nuclear Love (m)

Warnings and Advisories: consent issues (mild/moderate), sexual content, substance abuse

Genre:  angst, drama, hurt/comfort, romance

Ships:  Astoria Greengrass/Draco Malfoy

Length:  8244 words

Summary:    

I feel alive for the first time in months. - Astoria Greengrass

Areas of Concern: uh, mostly your thoughts? astoria's characterisation?

• Like 1

abhorsen.

Also here with a Drastoria. :P 

Story and Author Name, including link: Leave the Light On by Beeezie
Fandom/Era: Harry Potter, Rebuilding
Warnings and Advisories: M (Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Self-Harm, Sexual Content, Violence)
Genre: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance
Length: 7099 words
Summary: Astoria and Draco had planned to have a relaxing, lowkey romantic evening. That goes pear-shaped when they're cornered by werewolf extremists who aren't thrilled that Draco has been helping to lock them up.

Ships: Draco/Astoria
Areas of Concern (if any):  So I know you've read several of the stories that come before this, so you've got a basic sense of Astoria and Draco's relationship. Given that, I'd love to know what you think about the progression here, especially since I'm mapping out the next one.

Thank you! ❤️

• Haha 1

Bunbury

Hi Susana! I don't think we've been introduced -- I'm Jane, though I also answer to Bunbury. I understand that you're in the middle of exams, so feel free to ignore this if you're too busy! (And ditto if I've misunderstood anything about the number of slots/rules, in which case I apologize!) 

Story and Author Name: Inheritance by Bunbury. Here's the +link

Fandom/Era: Harry Potter, Second Wizarding War

Warnings/Advisories: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Violence 

Genre: Mystery, Horror, Drama, Romance, Humour 

Length: about 2700 words (Chapter 1)

Summary: Phaedra Morley leads a quiet, private life, working at a Diagon Alley apothecary and looking after her infirm mother. But Phaedra has a secret, and now she must retrace her father's footsteps through the Dark Arts and find out what he was working on when he disappeared in the wake of Voldemort's fall. Along the way she enlists the help of a feckless bookseller and -- much to his displeasure -- Severus Snape. A story of death, madness, haunted houses, true friends, and Cockroach Clusters. 

Ships: Eventual Snape/OC, but the development of their relationship is glacial. 

Areas of Concern: Basically any information about what you did or didn't like, and any constructive criticism, would be really helpful.