News Ticker

Original Fiction Fall Goals

Pixileanin

Greetings fellow OF'ers! Looks like you all have some really exciting things coming together! I'm embarking on a new OF project myself, and I'm finding that planning and coming up with ideas is a lot more fun than actually writing haha. My current idea is for a series of stand-alone novels that follows an MI-6 officer through WWII and into the early Cold War. The plot bunny for the series opener involves an Indiana Jones- type plot about trying to find Roman artifacts before the Nazis.

December goal: Finish a working outline and get a couple chapters on the paper. 

• Like 3

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Oh my gosh -- it has been a heck of a month and a half, in which time I have written approximately 300 words. ?

Soooo, let's take it easy for the rest of December and try for ONE Chapter of We, Lawbreaking Citizens.And in January, I'll try ONE more chapter of We, Lawbreaking Citizens and then ONE one-shot (because I'll have to write something for the collab, anyway, and why not OF, right?). 

If I can do at least that, I'll be happy. I wish I could find more time to sit down and work on my WIP OF, but it just hasn't happened yet. (I suppose, then, the obvious solution would be to make time, but I'm not sure what to sacrifice to do so.  Sleep, maybe? Haha!)

Good luck to everyone making Winter Goals! \O/ Go OF-Writing-Squads! 

@Cassius Alcindor, your signature with the answer, the elder wand is unique! :D 

The plot bunny for the series opener involves an Indiana Jones- type plot about trying to find Roman artifacts

sounds interesting!

And in January, I'll try ONE more chapter of We, Lawbreaking Citizens and then ONE one-shot

I have so many questions about your new OF...before that, I need to read more chapters of it, @Rumpelstiltskin

I also came up with a neat little background detail for Eirraphe so I have the beginnings of an idea for Dragon Tale Challenge!

@MadiMalfoy, can't wait!  ?

10- 15 minutes a day. Hit 40K by 15 Dec!

A great plan, @teh tarik!

How's going, batman in disguise, @Pixileanin recently?

Me, forget the project of the sequel to the one I wrote for the contest. 'Cause I've been so obsessed with Nagini's mantra. Writing about her itself is mystery to solve...mmm, is this project too wild? 

@StarFeather  I think you've hit on something very intriguing!  I can't wait to see what you've come up with for this nagini concept!!  Batman is struggling to juggle all the things.  We haven't put words down for two weeks.  It's most distressing, but I plan to have some writing blocks coming up.  (crosses fingers)

@Cassius Alcindor Welcome to the cray cray portion of the site, where we try to do things inside our minds without all the fanfare.  I agree that planning and plotting are two of my favorite things, and then when it comes to actually writing OF, I lose my oomph.  (Hands over oomph to you)  Good luck with your idea, and please allow us to cheer you on from time to time!

@Rumpelstiltskin  You can do this!  Remember that novels are a marathon and not a sprint.  Those 300 words will add up over time.  Good luck on your chapter this month!!

(crawls back under rock until next week)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Whew!  That was a LOOONG week.  (just kidding.  Raise your hand if you got pulled away from your OF to participate in the HC activities... yeah, me too.)

Anyway.  I posted an OF.  Woot!  I'm working on a second one, but I'm torn.  I really like the way it sat as a FF, but I think it will be strong enough as an OF too.  I've never had two versions of a story before.  How does everyone feel about that?

Also, my OF novel hasn't been touched in a while. I'm feeling like this is the week to jump back into it.

Well, it's Winter now, so if anyone is interested, I'm opening a Winter Thread on Friday.  I'd love to hear how everyone is doing with their writing, no matter what state they're in.  I know my state is a bit wobbly, but I'm carrying on.  

@StarFeather 

@Cassius Alcindor

@Rumpelstiltskin

@teh tarik

How's writing?

@MadiMalfoy

• Like 2

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

I'll be there for the Winter Goals thread o7. 

I managed to write all kinds of OF -- just not the one I want to work on, haha! I suppose writing practice is writing practice is writing practice. I did work on some supplemental material for the one I wanted to work on, though. So I guess that's better than nothing at all.

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

On 1/29/2019 at 1:44 AM, Pixileanin said:

Well, it's Winter now, so if anyone is interested, I'm opening a Winter Thread on Friday.  I'd love to hear how everyone is doing with their writing, no matter what state they're in.  I know my state is a bit wobbly, but I'm carrying on.  

@StarFeather 

@Cassius Alcindor

@Rumpelstiltskin

@teh tarik

How's writing?

@MadiMalfoy

Please post a Winter thread, thank you in advance.

I'm wondering if we can do feedback  (read & review) or give advice or suggestion, anything about each OF each other...

just post the link to the story on the Winter thread? ?

I'm so in for a Winter Goals thread as I did....no writing for OF really at all this fall. :couch:

I still haven't quite finished working through Scrivener yet either, but I'm hoping to do that here in the next couple of weeks and then start working on my Eirraphe character vignette, and other plans. 

I think I'd also like to publish character vignettes for Myrcella, Percival, and Lyra to hopefully flesh out their characters more and their relationships with each other.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Posting in here to remind myself that I really need to persevere with this OF short story I'm writing! I want to finish the first draft by mid March (or end of March latest), and I'm aiming for 5K words or under. Trying to convince myself that I can do it, but these few days it's a lot harder than usual. :ninjavanish:

• Like 3