Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Our 'The Nifflers That Stole Christmas' event is open through January 1!
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
Pixileanin

Original Fiction Fall Goals

Cassius Alcindor

Greetings fellow OF'ers! Looks like you all have some really exciting things coming together! I'm embarking on a new OF project myself, and I'm finding that planning and coming up with ideas is a lot more fun than actually writing haha. My current idea is for a series of stand-alone novels that follows an MI-6 officer through WWII and into the early Cold War. The plot bunny for the series opener involves an Indiana Jones- type plot about trying to find Roman artifacts before the Nazis.

December goal: Finish a working outline and get a couple chapters on the paper. 

• Like 4

Rumpelstiltskin

Oh my gosh -- it has been a heck of a month and a half, in which time I have written approximately 300 words. 😭

Soooo, let's take it easy for the rest of December and try for ONE Chapter of We, Lawbreaking Citizens.And in January, I'll try ONE more chapter of We, Lawbreaking Citizens and then ONE one-shot (because I'll have to write something for the collab, anyway, and why not OF, right?). 

If I can do at least that, I'll be happy. I wish I could find more time to sit down and work on my WIP OF, but it just hasn't happened yet. (I suppose, then, the obvious solution would be to make time, but I'm not sure what to sacrifice to do so.  Sleep, maybe? Haha!)

Good luck to everyone making Winter Goals! \O/ Go OF-Writing-Squads! 

• Like 3

StarFeather

@Cassius Alcindor, your signature with the answer, the elder wand is unique! :D 

The plot bunny for the series opener involves an Indiana Jones- type plot about trying to find Roman artifacts

sounds interesting!

And in January, I'll try ONE more chapter of We, Lawbreaking Citizens and then ONE one-shot

I have so many questions about your new OF...before that, I need to read more chapters of it, @Rumpelstiltskin

I also came up with a neat little background detail for Eirraphe so I have the beginnings of an idea for Dragon Tale Challenge!

@MadiMalfoy, can't wait!  🐲

10- 15 minutes a day. Hit 40K by 15 Dec!

A great plan, @teh tarik!

How's going, batman in disguise, @Pixileanin recently?

Me, forget the project of the sequel to the one I wrote for the contest. 'Cause I've been so obsessed with Nagini's mantra. Writing about her itself is mystery to solve...mmm, is this project too wild? 

• Like 2

Pixileanin

@StarFeather  I think you've hit on something very intriguing!  I can't wait to see what you've come up with for this nagini concept!!  Batman is struggling to juggle all the things.  We haven't put words down for two weeks.  It's most distressing, but I plan to have some writing blocks coming up.  (crosses fingers)

@Cassius Alcindor Welcome to the cray cray portion of the site, where we try to do things inside our minds without all the fanfare.  I agree that planning and plotting are two of my favorite things, and then when it comes to actually writing OF, I lose my oomph.  (Hands over oomph to you)  Good luck with your idea, and please allow us to cheer you on from time to time!

@Rumpelstiltskin  You can do this!  Remember that novels are a marathon and not a sprint.  Those 300 words will add up over time.  Good luck on your chapter this month!!

(crawls back under rock until next week)

• Like 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.