Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Good luck to all the NaNoWriMo participants! Don't forget to stop by the Cafe.
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
abhorsen.

November '18

WriteYourHeartOut

Thank you very much. :$:$:$

• Like 2

adorably cute

These graphics are so stunning!!! I love the pretty blues; they're all so incredible!!

@ShadowRose congrats on the promotion!!  you'll be wonderful! we will miss you so so so (have i mentioned this enough already) much in all prefect (and more specifically, gryffie prefect) things!

We are so excited to have you @Alexis Black and @Chelts-rhj!! Welcome to the prefect team!

Congrats to both our head students this month!! And @Theia on OoM! You are, as Rumpels wrote, a wonderful person and so deserving of this!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

starbuck

ayy congrats everyone!!! :bliss::grouphug:

• Like 2

Unwritten Curse

Congratulations to everyone joining Staff and everyone who was Featured or won an award! Y'all inspire me! :grouphug:

And, as always, stunning graphics, @abhorsen.!

• Like 2

PaulaTheProkaryote

Welcome to the team @ShadowRose! We're so happy to have you! Congratulations to @Chelts-rhj and @Alexis Black on joining the Prefect team! :D Also congratulations to @Theia for your Order of Merlin! You've been doing such an amazing job since you've joined the staff team and you so deserve it! So many awesome members featured this month too! Another great bulletin! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Recent Badges

Rumpelstiltskin

Branwen, even if you're tired of hearing it, I'm going to tell you again -- the graphics are stunning! I mean, the geometric shapes and the pale color palette...I'm dying a little ❤️ . 

Best of luck with the ML crew, Taylor! I'm sure you'll do great, even if they are a wild bunch of troublemakers 😂 ! We'll miss you on the Prefect end! 

Speaking of the Prefect end... I'm SOOO excited to have Alexis and Chelts joining us! ❤️ Welcome to the madness and all that! \O/ It's always super exciting getting newbies to torture induct into Prefecthood.

Tanya and potionspartner -- you two are perfect candidates for Head Student this month! I'm so happy to see you both featured. 

Nim -- congratulations on your very deserving OoM! I can't wait to figure out some really good questions to ask you for your In the Spotlight Interview. Maybe we can even throw in some controversy and see what your opinion is on the":function of a rubber duck" ;) .  (Okay, I'm terrible with jokes, but CONGRATS anyway.)

And, of course, I'm thrilled to see Nicole's To Boil Telephone Porridge featured this month! ❤️ There is so much I love about that story -- beautiful, amazing job. 

Of course, congrats on all the House-specific featured people/stories, as well as the sitewide featured stories! You all are amazing human beings! And I'm not just saying that because I'm an extraterrestrial enthralled with the study of human behaviour. Because I'm not. 

Happy Birthday, November babies! 

And now, I will show my cringy self out. O/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

dreamgazer220

What an exciting new bulletin! Branwen, your graphics are as gorgeous as ever -- I really love the colors in these 😍

Congratulations to Taylor on her promotion to ML, as well as Alexis and Chelts-rhj on joining the Prefect team! And big congratulations for Nim on this month's Order of Merlin, especially as a new staffer. And to potionspartner and Tanya for being this month's Head Students! :clapping:

And it looks like another fantastic round of featured stories.  Great job, everybody!! :bliss:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

galadriel

@abhorsen. gosh branwen howww do you make such pretty graphics? I love that header so much and those award graphics are so lovely!! :wub:

Congratulations to the new prefects and welcome to the staff team @ShadowRose! You're going to have so much fun with the ML side of things, it's great to have you on board. :D 

@potionspartner you have been such a gem in the tower and this HS award is so well deserved. :hug: and @WriteYourHeartOut you were on fire last month! The way you took up the HC tasks was amazing, congratulations on your award! 

I'm always so impressed by the level of talent on this site - such a wonderful list of stories featured this month and so many more to add to my reading list! 

And thank you so much for the Order of Merlin!! :$ :$( @Rumpelstiltskin please don't make me think too hard :P) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Recent Badges

potionspartner

Thank you!  The Claw Tower is an awesome group to work with! We've had so much fun reading, writing and getting lost in mazes.:thankyou:

• Like 2

Recent Badges

ShadowRose

so excited to join the ML team!! 😁

congrats to both of the new prefects, you're joining an absolutely amazing team (i miss you guys already 😢 ) and i know that both of you will do great in your new roles!

and another huge congratulations to both of this month's head students, as well as nim for the order of merlin - you all are so so so deserving of these awards!!

branwen, as always, these graphics are BEAUTIFUL 😍

• Like 2

teh tarik

Thank you so so much for featuring my story - especially since it's a story that means so much to me. This was the best kind of surprise, & now I have one of Branwen's gorgeous graphics that I can stick on my About page. :wub:

Congratulations to everyone who was featured, and to the new staff and prefects. Thanks for all the hard work you all do for the site - I really enjoy these monthly bulletins.

• Like 3

LadyL8

Welcome to the staff team @ShadowRose! I'm excited to be working with you! :D And congratulations to @Alexis Black and @Chelts-rhj on joining the prefect team! :D 

Also, congratulations to our two head students, @potionspartner and @WriteYourHeartOut! You've both been amazing this month and the awards are well-deserved! :) And congratulations to @Theia as well on the Order of Merlin award! And happy birthday to all the November babies! :hug: 

And @abhorsen., the graphics are so beautiful! :wub:

• Like 5

MadiMalfoy

@abhorsen. Branwen, such gorgeous graphics as always, omg :wub:

@Alexis Black and @Chelts-rhj, welcome to the Prefect team, I'm super excited to have you join us in all of our shenanigans (and work, too) ^_^ 

@Theia, Nim, your Order of Merlin is so well-deserved as you've really stepped into your role as a Professor! :hug:

Congrats on Head Student, @potionspartner and @WriteYourHeartOut, you both have been so active this last month it's crazy amazing! :D 

It was a joy to get to do Fic Night again with @TidalDragon and I can't wait to see what gets featured next month! 

Wonderful job on this month's bulletin. ^_^ 

• Like 3

TreacleTart

Wow! I had no idea that my story would be featured nor did I expect it, but I’m super stoked about it! Thanks to whoever nominated it and thank you @abhorsen.for the lovely graphic! 😍

Now, I really have to write a couple of chapters during NANO so I can update it. 😅

• Like 2

Sleepingbagonthesofa

@abhorsen. I say this every month but damn the graphics are stunning! 😍💙

Welcome to our new prefects! 😁 @Alexis Black and @Chelts-rhj it's great to have you join the chaos! And congratulations to the Head Students, to everyone who's very well deserved stories were featured and to @Theia! You've done such an amazing job since you've stepped up to Professor! 

Lastly I just need to say a HUGE congratulations to @ShadowRose!!! Taylor, you were the best partner I could have asked for when we took the step up to become Prefects. Your graphics, organisation, constant Obama gifs and your infectious energy will all be missed (Too much? 😋 I mean... I'll really just miss the spreadsheets. That's all. You're still bloody here to do the rest!). You're going to be an amazing ML! 🦁❤️

Edited by Sleepingbagonthesofa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Recent Badges

melian

I got a featured story? Wow. Thanks guys! Guess I should think about writing more of it, hey? 😉

Congratulations to everyone. And happy November ❤

• Like 1

Alopex

I've updated the bulletin with a link to the house cup points update. See the breakdown here!

Recent Badges

AbraxanUnicorn

What a lovely surprise to have a featured story! 😊 Thanks so much and congratulations, everyone! Gorgeous graphics, @abhorsen. :loveshower:

• Like 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.