Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Good luck to all the NaNoWriMo participants! Don't forget to stop by the Cafe.
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
TreacleTart

The Fanfic Favorite Challenge l December 31st, 2018

TreacleTart

Challenge Name: The Fanfic Favorite Challenge

Challenge Deadline: December 31st, 2018

Accepted Fandoms: Anything listed on HPFT

Challenge Details: This challenge was inspired by my dear friend @WriteYourHeartOut and her amazing writing which has inspired several other creative stories! 

Just as we all have our favorite books, we also have our favorite fanfictions! This challenge is to give you a chance to celebrate your favorite fanfic writers/stories! Go ahead and pick your favorite fanfiction and write a fanfiction of it! It's that simple! 

A few rules for picking the fanfiction that you want to write a fanfiction of:

1. The fanfiction you are fanfiction-ing must be posted on HPFT! 

2. You must have permission from the author to fanfic their work. (No exceptions)

Rules:

• Both the story you write and the fic you are basing it off of must be posted on HPFT! 
  • Must have "For TreacleTart's The Fanfic Favorite Challenge" written in the story summary.
  • The story can be any length, but if it's a multi-chapter story, please have at least two chapters posted by the challenge deadline. 
  • No pre-written stories.
  • Multiple entries are welcome
  • When submitting your story to the challenge, please include a link to the original story that you've based your story off of. I will be reading both to compare how you've done.
  • You absolutely, unequivocally must have permission from the original author to write a fanfic of their work.

Rewards:

• Every story entered will receive a review and participation graphic.
  • As a bonus, I will also leave a review for the person who's story you've written a fanfic of and provide a participation graphic for them as well. 
  • Third place: 3 reviews on any chapters of your choosing and an award graphic
  • Second place: 5 reviews on any chapters of your choosing and an award graphic
  • First Place: 7 reviews on any chapters of your choosing, an award graphic, and a custom one-shot of your choosing
  • Like 1

sunshine_locks

Holy crap this is such a cool idea though???????

I would like to join, thought it is tentative. Though for what story I might write a fanfiction of is still up in the air. 

• Like 1

Cannons

I am going to nostalgically put my name  in the hat.

• Like 2

TreacleTart
18 minutes ago, sunshine_locks said:

Holy crap this is such a cool idea though???????

I would like to join, thought it is tentative. Though for what story I might write a fanfiction of is still up in the air. 

No worries! You've got plenty of time to figure it out. 

11 minutes ago, Cannons said:

I am going to nostalgically put my name  in the hat.

You have no idea how happy this makes me. 🤣

Tentative: 

@Cannons

@sunshine_locks

• Like 1

PaulaTheProkaryote

I love this idea and I'm totally signing up! Now I have to find someone who will let me fanfic their fanfic! :P 

• Like 1

Recent Badges

TreacleTart
4 hours ago, PaulaTheProkaryote said:

I love this idea and I'm totally signing up! Now I have to find someone who will let me fanfic their fanfic! :P 

Yay! I'm happy to have you. I can't wait to see what you come up with. ❤️

Tentative:

@Cannons

@PaulaTheProkaryote

@sunshine_locks

victoria_anne

Omg I had this challenge idea ages ago but never posted it! :P 

Edited by victoria_anne
  • Like 1

Sleepingbagonthesofa

Oh I love this! I'll go as a maybe, see if inspiration hits! 

• Like 1

Recent Badges

TreacleTart
17 hours ago, victoria_anne said:

Omg I had this challenge idea ages ago but never posted it! :P 

Great minds think alike! ❤️

17 hours ago, Sleepingbagonthesofa said:

Oh I love this! I'll go as a maybe, see if inspiration hits! 

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! 

Tentative:

@Cannons

@PaulaTheProkaryote

@Sleepingbagonthesofa

@sunshine_locks

@victoria_anne

victoria_anne

Ooh sorry I’m not a taker, I just liked the idea ^_^