News Ticker

Emma/facingthenorthwind's wishlist!

facingthenorthwind

There was no guidance for how to title the topic, so :P

My wishlist is as follows:

• banners for any of +my fics that do not yet have banners
  • reviews on anything, but especially my one true love, +bring your curses home [m]
  • writer's journal questions +here
  • fics or fic recs featuring non-christian wixen doing religious stuff
  • fics or fic recs featuring jewish wixen doing literally anything
  • fics or fic recs featuring my boy anthony goldstein (or my other boy, zacharias smith)
  • a profile cover photo of whatever you think best encompasses me :P 

If there is something you think I would like and I haven't included it, obviously I am sure I would love it with my whole heart and am very open to receiving complete surprises. I love you all. :wub: 

Edited by facingthenorthwind
  • Like 3

review on yitached yakum v'yiga'el click ?

and because I loved it so much click 

Hello!! You already saw the review I left you on Iconoclast, but here is a thing to go with it! (because recently I've fallen in love with two things, picspams and your fic.) XD

rf1LSAt.png

On 12/1/2018 at 9:52 PM, TreacleTart said:

:wub: This was so lovely of you, thank you!! I'm SUPER glad you think I did a good job of the PTSD -- I didn't have anyone with relevant expertise read it over for me, though I probably should have, so I'm very relieved that I didn't mess it up. If you have any tips you want to share (but you don't have to at all!) or any complaints with my portrayal going forward, please don't hesitate. ❤️ I'm almost finished chapter 4! Just gotta clean it up a bit, but all the scenes are pretty much written, and then I should get it beta'd.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:20 PM, 800 words of heaven said:

Guess what I managed to wrestle from the Nifflers? 3 reviews for bring your curses home (M)

!!!!!! Oh my goodness, your reviews are so thoughtful! They ask so many questions that I'd never even considered, and I absolutely love that. :wub: The Ministry's judicial system is hopelessly corrupt, yes, and Sassoon is just.... that arrogant and dickish, I'm afraid. If you want to see some really exciting formatting that I worked very hard on, the +ao3 version [m] has some CSS to make it even cooler. 

I don't think the fic will ever go into the politics about the international folks brought in to fix the brain drain, but the answer to all your questions is yes, basically. :P I think Anthony's bias stems from the fact that they didn't actually experience the war, so they don't really know what it was like (and he's jealous that they didn't have to live through that). 

Also yes, Hudnall definitely wears thongs on casual fridays. He may even have a mullet. Damn, I should've written that in. I guess there's always time for him to grow a mullet for later chapters :P 

18 hours ago, Crimson Quill said:

review on yitached yakum v'yiga'el click ?

and because I loved it so much click 

Abbi, you're such a gem. ❤️ I'm glad my one-trick-pony thing of Doing Judaism In Fic is working for you. :P  I found it super interesting that you said Anthony had lost his religion, though I hadn't considered it like that at all -- he had lost track of the holidays, for sure, but I imagine his practice hadn't totally ceased (though you had no way of knowing that, since I didn't put it in the fic!). Or was it the bit where he got angry at God and said that God should be asking forgiveness from him? Because that's just....Jews. :P Jews are always ready to fist fight God, and we aren't afraid to remind God that it's a two-way covenant and God has obligations to us, too. 

3 hours ago, Chelts-rhj said:

Hello!! You already saw the review I left you on Iconoclast, but here is a thing to go with it! (because recently I've fallen in love with two things, picspams and your fic.) XD

rf1LSAt.png

Chelts!!!!!!!!!!! It's so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:  I have put the second chapter in the queue, and I'm slowly inching ever towards the end of the fic, half a scene to go! I have written quite a bit of wolfstar, so I'm thrilled to hear you are into it :P If you ever want to talk Very Sad Boys Who Deserve Good Things, you know where to find me. ❤️  Also I'd be remiss if I didn't rec @poppunkpadfoot as the One True Excellent Wolfstar Author, so read all of her stuff if you haven't already!!!!

49 minutes ago, Stella Blue said:

Hey Emma! I've left you a review on bring your curses home.

Aah thank you!! Since you are a Zacharias Smith lover, may I recommend my favourite Zacharias story of all time? +Accidental Renaissance of Zacharias Smith. I think Harry left because he actually didn't want to be a wizard cop, he'd had more than enough of fighting! He just wants a quiet life, the poor boy. Your review was lovely, thank you again. ❤️ 

Edited by facingthenorthwind
  • Like 2

hi emma!! i left you some +wj questions  ?

Emma!!! :hug: :wub:

Little review for you, sweety!

Love you so much! Happy holidays!

Happy New Year's, Emma. I hope you are enjoying your summer break!

Chapter 3 Bring Your Curses Home

just posting to say i'm working on a banner for song for the julian calendar, so.... no one else make one! :P i'll post again when it's done hahaha

• Like 1

Okay, here it is! If you want to use it you can credit me as either poppunkpadfoot or vandal. @ TDA, but if you don't want to use it you definitely don't have to ?

pc1Yk3h.png

❤️ i hope you like it!

3 hours ago, poppunkpadfoot said:

Okay, here it is! If you want to use it you can credit me as either poppunkpadfoot or vandal. @ TDA, but if you don't want to use it you definitely don't have to ?

pc1Yk3h.png

❤️ i hope you like it!

oh my goddddd kaylaaaaaaaa it's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL GO PUT IT IN RIGHT NOW AAAAAAAAAAH. :wub: :wub: :wub: 

• Like 1

Hiii, I deviated from your wishlist and started writing up sortings for the Animorphs instead. I hope that's not super disappointing IDK I'm on an Animorphs kick and was like "I know!" Done with Jake so far: +blog here  +tumblr post

I left you some Writer Journal questions! Merry late christmas/holidays, and Happy New Year!