Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Our 'The Nifflers That Stole Christmas' event is open through January 1!
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
UnluckyStar57

The Great British Bake Off AU Challenge! | 16 February 2019

UnluckyStar57

Hi everyone!

May I interest you a fluffy, nonsensical challenge in these trying times? Because of the sensation that is the Great British Bake Off, I have fallen in love with many of the contestants over the years (see Rahul, Ruby, Manon, Kim-Joy, and others from the most recent season posted on Netflix). Thus, I wish to see some of my most favorite fictional characters in Bake Off-type situations!

Now, I would love for you all to write me... a delicious batch of Alternate Universe tales set in a white tent on the British countryside. 

And on your mark... get set... *Noel Fielding voice* BAKE!! 

Challenge Name: The Great British Bake Off AU Challenge!

Challenge Deadline: 16 February 2019

Accepted Fandoms: Harry Potter; Brooklyn 99; Hamilton; Avatar/Legend of Korra; Discworld; How to Train Your Dragon; Hunger Games; Pride and Prejudice; Stranger Things.

Accepted Ratings: All!

Challenge Details:

Here's how it works:

(1) Choose a number, 1 through 20. I will give you one of the themes from the Bake Off weeks. Because US Netflix does not have all the series of Bake Off, I will pull from Series 5-9 only. I will use a random number generator to give me your number. (Ex: Cake Week from Series 5 is one of your options.) ***You may switch numbers twice!***

(2) Tell me which fandom you’re going to feature in the tent (see the fandoms listed above)! I will also accept crossovers between the fandoms on my list (Jake Peralta baking with James Potter? Captain Holt dealing with Minister of Magic Fudge? I love it.) You can also tell me which characters you’ll be writing about, but that’s optional.

(3) Need some more inspiration? If so, let me know! I will give you a specific dish for one of your characters to make. (Of course, that dish will correspond with the theme that you chose in step 1.) This step is totally optional!

(4) Write! I will be checking your bakes for soggy bottoms a la Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry (and Prue Leith, whom I also love).

Rewards:

I will review all of the challenge entries of course!

~Third Place: 3 reviews on stories of your choice.

~Second Place: 5 reviews on stories of your choice.

~First Place: 7 reviews on stories of your choice.

***I may or may not also make some really ugly graphics for y'all to laugh at. 😁

• Like 2

PaulaTheProkaryote

Initially I was aiming for Jily but I just saw Pride and Prejudice and so now I'm going Elizabeth/Darcy. 

I'll go with lucky number 13! 

• Like 1

Recent Badges

UnluckyStar57

Yay, first customer!

Number 13 is Tudor Week from series 7 (too bad it's not Regency hahaha). Let me know if you'd like me to give you a baked good to write about as well!

~*~*~

Takers:

@PaulaTheProkaryote, number 13, Pride & Prejudice (Elizabeth/Darcy)

• Like 1

Ineke

MAYBE. Because @PaulaTheProkaryote has been begging me to do it. B99 obv. Number 7 aaaand... im just gonna hope its on internet somewhere becaause Dutch Netflix doesnt have Bake Off 😭😭😭 i need to do a ridiculous mount of googling besides because i barely know anything about baking lol

Edit oh a question is multichap and doing it from start to winner allowed bc do i then jusy need to add theme in there or

Edited by Ineke
  • Like 1

UnluckyStar57

Yay, Ineke!

Yes, multi-chapter is fine! I for sure did not put that in my instructions, and I apologize for my oversight! 😅

Boooo, Dutch Netflix! Basically, the premise is that they bake for 10 weeks, each week carries a different theme (Cake Week, Pastry Week, etc.), and one person gets eliminated each week until the final, in which 3 people compete for the honor of winning.

@Ineke--number 7 is Pastry Week from series 6, but if you wish to take the fic from the start of competition to the final, you might want to feature multiple themes! Just let me know if you'd like to do that instead of being tied to just Pastry Week.

~*~*~*~

Takers:

PaulaTheProkaryote--number 13 (Tudor Week, s7); Pride & Prejudice; Elizabeth/Darcy

Maybes:

Ineke--number 7 (Pastry Week, s6); Brooklyn 99

Ineke

Back with another question! How many chapters need to be up before the deadline with a multichap fic? (I might come back for more prompts. I might actually need to plot for this)

• Like 1

UnluckyStar57
2 minutes ago, Ineke said:

Back with another question! How many chapters need to be up before the deadline with a multichap fic? (I might come back for more prompts. I might actually need to plot for this)

Oh lordt, these are good questions! I think two chapters is sufficient! And if you'd like, I can give you an entire series to design your plot after!

• Like 1

Ineke

Oooh if thats possible? Then i can just Google the season! It would make my life easier!

PaulaTheProkaryote

@Ineke if you need we can always rabbit your week! I keep odd hours anyway!

• Thanks 1

Recent Badges

Alwynse

Would you accept the Merlin fandom? It’s okay if not.

Recent Badges

UnluckyStar57

@Alwynse sure! The more the merrier! I will watch a bit of Merlin over my winter break so that I can keep up! 😁 Would you like to select a number to get a themed week? (And are you taker/maybe?)

Also, @Ineke, Wikipedia has fairly extensive lists of who made what during which season! But if you'd like a whole season, I would probably lean towards giving you a season from 1-4, since I have numbers assigned to certain episodes from seasons 5-9.

Edited by UnluckyStar57

Chelts-rhj

YES!!!! My 7 yo is binge watching this with me (probably because it’s the only thing that I let override his screen time limit 😂). 

Can I see #5? 

Recent Badges

UnluckyStar57

@Chelts-rhj parenting done right! Prompt number 5 is European Cake Week from season 5.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Takers:

PaulaTheProkaryote--number 13 (Tudor Week, s7); Pride & Prejudice; Elizabeth/Darcy

Maybes:

Chelts-rhj--number 5 (European Cake Week, s5)

juls

I’m just gonna add me as a maybe.  Most likely Potter and I’m going to say 12. I love GBBO!!

Ineke
23 minutes ago, UnluckyStar57 said:

@Alwynse sure! The more the merrier! I will watch a bit of Merlin over my winter break so that I can keep up! 😁 Would you like to select a number to get a themed week? (And are you taker/maybe?)

Also, @Ineke, Wikipedia has fairly extensive lists of who made what during which season! But if you'd like a whole season, I would probably lean towards giving you a season from 1-4, since I have numbers assigned to certain episodes from seasons 5-9.

Ill let you know when ive plotted! I might be able to work it without a full season if i just go and read and maybe pick things from earlier stuff!

• Like 1

UnluckyStar57

@juls yay! Number 12 is Botanicals Week from season 7!

@Ineke sounds great! I really hope you have time to write this, because I love B99 forever!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Takers:

Maybes:

Chelts-rhj—number 5 (European Cake Week, s5)

juls--number 12 (Botanical Week, s7); Harry Potter (probably)

• Like 1

Alwynse

I'm a ...um uh yikes I'm not sure. It's February? Hmm. I've never written a Merlin fanfic before... I'll say I'm a taker! Hit me up with a number!

Recent Badges

UnluckyStar57

@Alwynse it's never too late to try something new! I'll give you number 16, Pudding Week from season 8. (And I can't wait to get into Merlin over break--I've been meaning to watch it for years now!)

~*~*~*~*~*~

Takers:

Alwynse--number 16 (Pudding Week, s8); Merlin

Maybes:

Edited by UnluckyStar57
  • Like 1

aelaia

I am so rusty with my writing and have been seeking a challenge I could gain some inspo for getting it back and yours sounds pure perfection! ❤️ I have so much Mary Berry love.

Can I go down as a maybe as I'm not certain it'll be fit for submission due to it's terribleness this will be the first full piece I've written from scratch in 7 years. 😰

It'll be Harry Potter and can I have number 4 pleeaaassee?

• Like 1

Chemical_Pixie

What would you say to a Parks and Recreation fandom challenge entry? 

• Like 2

Crimson Quill
3 hours ago, Chemical_Pixie said:

What would you say to a Parks and Recreation fandom challenge entry? 

Just butting in to say that I need this in my life!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

UnluckyStar57

@aelaia you'll write a great story!!! Luckily, prompt number 4 is Dessert Week from season 5, which is a Mary Berry season!

@Chemical_Pixie (and @Crimson Quill), to a Parks and Rec entry, I say YES OF COURSE!! How could I forget about how much I love that show??? Please say that you'll be a taker! :) 

~*~*~*~*~*~

Takers:

Alwynse--number 16 (Pudding Week, s8); Merlin

Maybes:

aelaia--number 4 (Dessert Week, s5); Harry Potter

• Like 1

adorably cute

omg i LOVE all things baking including GBBO. i'll call myself a maybe, likely with something hp, because i'm terrible with deadlines 🙈

could i see 18 please?

Chemical_Pixie

I ‘ll be a taker. Parks and Rec. :)

I realllllllly wanna do a breakfast themed piece. Is that possible? If not... number 2! 

aelaia

Omg 😮 change me to a taker! I have 'BinGate' week! This was legitimately one of my favourite episodes. I cannot wait to write this!