News Ticker

How to post graphics in a story

Mottsnave

I've been looking around the site and forums, and I can't find clear instructions on this. When submitting the first chapter of a story, how do I include a banner and a chapter heading image? I'm assuming I need to use an image hosting site, and copy and post the link somewhere in the text. For a banner to appear, where should the link go? In the summary box? And same for a chapter heading image, where is the best place to copy the link? Where do you list credit for the image: directly below the link? In the endnotes? Is there a tutorial about this anywhere?

Thank you for your help!

Hi!

As a matter of fact - a tutorial has actually just been uploaded yesterday! It is a bit hard to figure out without it though, and it's a good idea to write that into the archives somewhere! This tutorial is mostly about a header for the story, but the same applies for chapter header images! I advise you put those either in the chapter summary, or right above where the chapter starts self, but it works exactly the same! It doesn't quite matter where you put the credit for the image - as long as it's there, but it's easier for us validators if it's directly below the image :3

Does this help?

• Like 1

Thank you, yes, this is a huge help! And yes, having a written how-to as well as the video somewhere on the site would be nice, since sometimes it's harder for folks to access videos. Like when you're at work. But of course I would NEVER be doing fanfiction at work. Never.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1