Guest Rumpelstiltskin

February Story of the Month Voting  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Please Choose One [as always, please don't vote for yourself]

• Like Breadcrumbs by Rumpelstiltskin
    • A Place Not Far From Here by Chemical_Pixie
    • The Joys of You by you-make-me-wander

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/23/2019 at 04:59 PM

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

February Story of the Month

The Polls are Now Open!

please remember to vote before January 23rd at 11:59 PM GMT!

Nominees:

Title: Like Breadcrumbs
Author: @Rumpelstiltskin
Link to Story: +HERE
Reason for Nomination: Rumpels has really outdone herself with this piece - and I'm not just saying that because it's
a fanfic of my fic, lol! ?To be perfectly honest, this could very easily be a stand-alone Sirius Black/OC fic in and of itself. I don't feel as though you really need all of the history and details about Saleena Blackwell from Perfect & LNW to feel ALL of the raw emotion that is packed into this one-shot. I was sobbing the first time I read it - it was just SO GOOD!! Rumpels just has this way of writing that always brings so much depth to her characters. It is powerful, and you can really feel exactly what it is that they're feeling. I am so in awe of of this one-shot; I really cannot say enough about it!! Saleena & Sirius' story was always such heart-breaking tale to tell anyway, but Rumpels has delivered it in an absolutely beautiful and breathtaking way. ?

Title: A Place Not Far From Here
Author: @Chemical_Pixie
Link to Story: here (M)
Warnings: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Reason for Nomination: this story is everything: intriguing, emotional, an unique and incredibly consistent plot, a strong and beautifully flawed female MC, a captivating and practically flawless writing style... from the very first lines it will have the reader hooked, wanting to unravel all the mysteries, and the more you delve into it, the more you get passionate about the storyline and the characters and the beautiful relationship between Amelia and James. If you haven't had the occasion to check it out yet, you really should do so right now. I promise you won't be disappointed! ❤️ 

Title: The joys of you
Author: @you-make-me-wander
Link to Story: +click
Warnings: Sexual Content, Spoilers
Reason for Nomination:  It's a Drastoria and it's a ScoRose so, really, where could you go wrong? ;) Actually, my favorite bit about this piece is the uniqueness Susana dove into the dynamics of both relationships, as when I usually spot a generational fic, it typically centers around THAT generation, with little mentions of the others, ofc. This is a Next Gen that I can definitely get into, given my still-lingering reluctance surrounding the era, because she does take the time to focus on relationships (complete with backgrounds) outside of that box. Plus, the characterizations are really awesome in this, too. I think Susana did an amazing job utilizing the CC-canonical characterizations given, especially when it comes down to Scorpius. 

• Guest locked this topic