News Ticker

[April] Story of the Month Nominations

belgian quaffle

?April Story of the Month Nominations?

Thats My Jam GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

How it Works:

This thread is for you to nominate your favorite stories to be recognized as the HPFT Story of the Month.  Seconding isn't necessary, as all stories will move on to the voting round. 

Mid-month [approximately 10 days after the nomination's thread is posted], a Prefect will post a voting poll for all of the stories that have been nominated. Don't worry about having to rush - you will have about 10 days to read the stories and vote for your favorite!

Winners will be announced in the News Bulletin on the first of each month. All SotM Winners will also receive a cool prize! 

Chelsea Peretti Television GIF

Please listen to Gina and post your nominations in this thread using the following format:

Title:
Author:
Link to Story:
Warnings [if applicable] :
Reason for Nomination:

Rules for Nomination:

1. To be eligible for nomination, a story must have been updated sometime within the past 12 months. 
  2. Stories can be any genre, character type, fandom, or length.
  3. No NC-17 rated stories.
  4. Any story nominated must follow site guidelines.
  5. All nominated stories must be posted on the HPFT Archives.
  6. You may only nominate ONE story.
  7. Stories do not have to be complete to be nominated. WIP's are acceptable.

Previous winners:

+complete masterlist

• August '18 - ministry memorandums (from the mysteries) by esmeraude
  • September '18 - That's All by beyond the rain
  • October '18 - Project Azkaban by Unwritten Curse
  • November '18 - To Boil Telephone Porridge by teh tarik
  • December '18 - Orange Cardamom by ShadowRose
  • January '19 - You Are a Light by RoxiMalfoy
  • February '19- A Place Not Far From Here by Chemical_Pixie

Brooklyn Nine Nine Gina Linetti GIF

Nominations will close on March 11 at 11:59pm gmt!

• Like 1

Title: how long?
Author: @crestwood
Link to Story: HPFT++
Warnings [if applicable] : sexual content
Reason for Nomination: okay i think it's fairly obvious i'm....fangirling (i should've used a stronger word here haha) over this story because i've been rec'ing it all over the place so :bliss:  it's a scorbus and it's one of the most beautifully written stories that i've ever read. joey just paints these wonderful pictures in your mind. it's incredibly poetic and the style that it was written in, the combination of poetry and prose, is wonderful and amazing and i've already gone back to re-read the story multiple times.

• Like 8

I've never nominated someone before but here goes!

Title: The Art Of Being Nonchalant (Or Not)
Author: Starbuck
Link to Story: Read It Here
Warnings [if applicable] : Derogatory Language, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Reason for Nomination: I have read a bunch of stories here so far, and this one was really well written.  I like the way the characters are portrayed especially the highly dislikable nature of the main character that makes me just love her all the more! I really like how the friendship between not just the two main characters is, but the entire group dynamic.  I especially like how there is something happening in all the characters lives and how side stories have popped up from this story too.  I love it so much, and feel it deserves this award!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1