News Ticker

Camp NaNo Music Playlist

Ineke

I don't know about you, but I tend to really enjoy building soundtracks to go with my novels. I search out the perfect songs to fit each character and listen to it over and over again. Do you have a set playlist per character? Are you listening exclusively to show-tunes or instrumental music?

Use this thread to post your Novel's soundtrack!

• 2 weeks later...

I love fic-related music, so here to start this off with what's become the unofficial theme of my WIP, Inheritance, and its heroine Phaedra Morley: +LINK

Guest Noelle Zingarella

Me, trying not to overdo it when asked about the music associated with my novel:

notwierd.jpg.2d89f5a48f782c41f5340c5720be9e3f.jpg

As some of you know, I'm a professional musician, so I'll try to keep this brief. I do have a post on my Writer's Journal that goes into great detail, but I'll just put three of the songs that have played a role so far in Moonlight (M):

Song to the Moon from the opera Rusalka by Antonin Dvorak

Move Over and Me and Bobby McGee from Janis Joplin's Pearl album

Guest Noelle Zingarella

Okay, y'all, one more and I'll stop, I promise.

This (among other 'popular wizarding tunes') is what the pianist is playing in Chapter 3: The Queen Mab:

The Eternal Feminine: a piano rag by William Bolcom 

So, after considering the subject at great length I have come to the conclusion that the unofficial theme song of PN: VH is unfortunately this

I strongly associate the party scene in the first chapter of PN:VH with this, the protagonist (Phineas) with this (at least in the first chapter), and the mysterious stranger (Van Helsing) with this (also in the first chapter). Also, the whole scene with this (thanks to Em/TheBookDinosaur for reminding me of its existence <3). 

The actual chapter is coming. . .soon. 

• Like 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella

@Bunbury This is an excellent blend of class and camp. You could not pique my interest for chapter one more if you tried.

@Noelle Zingarella Thanks! I'm sorry to say that the chapter itself promises to be significantly worse than all these pieces (with the exception of "Oh, gentlemen, listen, I pray", which is really not that good).