News Ticker

Milestones

Ineke

Have you just hit a major milestone in your NaNo-ing journey?? Maybe you just passed 5k words? Or finally figured out that one scene that's been causing you trouble since the beginning? Your personal milestones are entirely self-imposed, but we'd love to hear when you reach one of them! So post below when it happens; you deserve the celebration!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tanda

I wrote about 1600 words fo Attack on the Death Eaters, chapter 8

and about 2400 words for Lady in Black, which is a spinoff from Charlie Weasley and His Dragons and Beyond the Waves.

So 4K so far.

Edited by Tanda

I have broken 3k!!! and this is all in my Millennials Ruin Everything Challenge entry.....which is not close to being finished....oops ?‍♀️

• Like 2

Hi I'm back again with an update/new milestone! I'm less than 200 words away from 6k, which puts me 5 days ahead of my suggested word count, AND, I finished my entry for the Millennials Ruin Everything challenge, so I'm done with 1/4 of my projects for the month! :yay: 

tumblr_ph2idppPZ21w9gkvno10_r1_250.gif.46105a6aa9b98fc2c1f4d0d272903cd0.gif

• Like 3

(sneaks in through the back)

I am all about milestones, so can I post here?

My novel has reached 27k this week! Not all of it was written this month, but I'd say it's close to the halfway point, so I'm putting that down as an achievement.

• Like 3

Last night I finished a draft of the first chapter of Phineas Nigellus: Vampire Hunter! With luck I will have it in the queue by tomorrow night. 

• Like 2

I have hit 5k! Almost none of it was on stuff I planned to work on, and a solid half of it I can't post on the archive, but uhhh words are words I guess!

• Like 1

i didn't notice at the time, but when i checked my spreadsheet this morning i was pleasantly surprised to find that i've broken 20k! 

• Like 1

i've hit 10k today! (current WC is 10551 words) - 7500 of those are for TAOBN. i put chapter 12 in the queue and i'm now working on chapter 13 which is at around 1.6k (i just started it so...)

I dunno what I've been aiming for :P but I've finished ~10k publishable words and some amount more of drafts - maybe ~4k ish?

• Like 3

I broke 9k tonight and also finished my Dramione Challenge entry!! :yay: 

okay sooooo i passed my 15k goal!! i'm now at 15 385 words *_*

my new goal is to finish chapter 14 of TAOBN - i started it today, wrote a little over 1k for it and if i continue the way i've been these last couple of days i think i can do it or at least get close enough to finishing it by the end of the month ^_^

• Like 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella

I'm at 18,656 (goal is 20,000). I finished my OF chapters too! So, I guess I'll work on some Collab stuff to try to get the rest of the word count goal. But, even if I don't make it word count wise, I did finish the projects I wanted to finish.

I'm at 11.5k!!!!! i can't believe i keep finding so many things to work on that aren't bring your curses home.......

• Like 1

I've reached my goal of 10k!!! :yay: 

giphy.gif.5834b9236af5231bee2c927144a92df4.gif

• Like 1

i'm currently laughing at past me who didn't think i could reach 10 or 15k during my holiday. because i have passed 20k today! (current wc: 20 203)

• Like 2

Guest Noelle Zingarella

I did it! I got to 20,000 words this morning AND I plunged into drafting chapter 16 of Moonlight. I'd been starting to psych myself out about Romania, but then I got a one o'clock in the morning idea on how to structure the chapter, so I plunged in.

:bliss:

It may not be much but for someone who has barely written a thing in the past months:

I JUST HIT 1K TODAY AND THEREFORE HAVE REACHED MY NANO GOAL.

• Like 3

I broke 12k and officially reached my stretch goal for Camp last night! SO SO happy with how this camp turned out and excited for a busy month of writing in May! ^_^  

• Like 1