Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Happy Pride month! <3
  • Congratulations to all of our house award winners!
  • Minister Fenley is embroiled in scandal. Will her career survive?
Sign in to follow this  
MalfoysAngel

The More Than A Stereotype Challenge--July 1 2019

MalfoysAngel

Hey everyone! Recently I held a poll on Twitter asking what type of challenge people wanted me to host and this category won by a landslide! So without any further ado, allow me to present to you….

The More than a Stereotype Challenge!

Deadline: July 1, 2019

Details:

So we’ve all seen the results of stereotyping and let's face it, being stereotyped sucks. I’ve been the victim of this several times as I’m sure most of the rest of us have as well. Just because I’m from Texas doesn’t mean I love country music. (Actually, this one is true but that’s not the point here)

We are a site that has a lot of people from different places, backgrounds, social classes & religions and we are all faced with stereotypes daily. One of the biggest ones I get faced with is that because I’m a single mom working at a convenience store, I must be a high school drop out.

I want to change that.

For this challenge I want you to take a stereotype and turn it on its head. I want you to write a story that features a character who is anything but this stereotype and come up with a unique and creative way of breaking that mold. I’m looking for how creative you can be at coming up with a way to prove that your character or characters are anything but that stereotype.

The sky’s the limit here (provided you keep within the TOS of course)

Rules:

Fandoms Accepted: Harry Potter, How to Train Your Dragon, Game of Thrones, Original Fiction

Any Stereotype is accepted from racial, religious, sexuality, sex, geographic location, if it’s a stereotype you can write about it.

Rating: Anything allowed on HPFT’s Archives

Length: Multi-Chaptered stories are allowed but must either be complete or have a minimum of 3 chapters posted by the deadline.

No pre-written

I will accept multiple entries but because of time constraints please submit no more than 3 entries and only one will be able to place.

You can combine with other challenges but I ask that because of the word count limit that you NOT combine this with the HC collab.

Must be in the archive by the deadline

Must have “For MalfoysAngel’s More than a Stereotype Challenge” somewhere in the summary or A/N

Please let me know what stereotype you choose. (I am not going to be much help with choosing for you this time as there are so many that can be borderline offensive)

If you find your chosen stereotype isn’t working for you, you may choose a different one only once

All participants will be listed as maybes until a link with a validated entry is posted.

I will do my best to review all entries before I post the results but every entry will receive a review at some point this year.

Now for the prizes:

3rd place- 2 reviews on the story of your choice and maybe a graphic

2nd place- 3 reviews on the story of your choice and maybe a graphic

1st place- 5 reviews on the story of your choice and a graphic.

Best in Show- 8 reviews on the story of your choice, link to your story in my sig for a month, a prize graphic, recommendations in all the appropriate threads, and Eternal Glory

If I receive more than 10 entries, there will be an honorable mention which will receive 1 additional review on a story of my choice. (and maybe a graphic)

Good Luck!

• Like 2

crestwood

I'm a taker for this one with the stereotype - 'gay men aren't tough' or some variation of that idea. I'll be doing OF for this. 

• Like 3

Noelle Zingarella

So, I saw this Challenge and thought, "No, Noelle, you don't need to sign up for another Challenge. And you don't have an idea anyway." And then I went and washed some dishes--I have a lot of ideas when I'm washing dishes--and got an idea. So here I am.

Count me in as a taker with an OF work taking on the stereotype: 'Stay-at-home-moms are dumb, lazy, unproductive members of society, etc.'

Thanks for hosting this intriguing Challenge!

• Like 2

Recent Badges

abhorsen.

Question: is "Slytherins are evil and cowards" too basic/Harry Potter-based to do for this challenge? (If it is, I can come up with something else!)

• Slytherin 1

MalfoysAngel

No that’s fine

LunaStellaCat

I would like the old people are stuck in their ways and refuse to learn new things stereotype, please and thank you.   😃

MalfoysAngel

Sounds great! 

Sign in to follow this