News Ticker

The Evil Incorporated Challenge | October 31st 2019

something wicked

The Evil Incorporated Challenge

Image result for hades gif

Challenge Deadline: 31st October 2019

Accepted Fandom(s): Harry Potter and Original Fiction (Any other fandoms please check with me and I’ll let you know if I’m familiar with the source material.).

Accepted Ratings: Anything allowed on the HPFT Archives. 

Challenge:

Villains! We love to hate them and hate to love them. For this challenge I would love you to take someone who is the definition of villainous and show me what makes them tick. I want you to get under their skin and show the world from their point of view, their motivation and fears, the tiny spark of regret or the burning drive that powers their every move. Break the stereotypes and the archetype to show me a fully realised, and utterly unredeemable, character.

Canon characters and original character are both allowed, including original characters that appear in prewritten fics, as long as their villainous ways are made clear in the entry. 

Challenge rules:

• All entries must be posted on the HPFT Archives.
  • No pre-written Stories.
  • You can combine with other challenge entries. 
  • Multi-chartered stories are allowed however a minimum of two chapters must be posted by the deadline. 
  • Multiple entries are allowed. 
  • Must include 'for 'Something Wicked’s Evil Incorporated Challenge” somewhere in your summary.

Rewards:

• Every entry will receive a review. 
  • Third Place: 2 reviews on a story of your choosing, 1 award graphic and 1 picspam for your entry. 
  • Second Place: 3 reviews on a stories of your choosing, 1 award graphic and 1 picspam for your entry. 
  • First Place: 5 reviews in stories of your choosing, 1 award graphic and 1 picspam for your entry, massive twitter hype and a link in my signature for a month. 

Related image

If you have any questions please ask below, otherwise... do your worst! 

Edited by something wicked
  • Like 2

OMG! THIS IS MY JAM! I will likely be multiple entries on this! 

Are you familiar with The Handmaid's Tale at all? I have a one-shot collection for it...and I've been meaning to write a few one-shots about some villains.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TreacleTart said:

Are you familiar with The Handmaid's Tale at all? I have a one-shot collection for it...and I've been meaning to write a few one-shots about some villains.

YES I HAVE READ IT AND I AM SO HERE FOR ANY HMT FIC (and any other villainous stories you may have!)! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, something wicked said:

YES I HAVE READ IT AND I AM SO HERE FOR ANY HMT FIC (and any other villainous stories you may have!)! 

Alright then! Count me as a taker. :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TreacleTart said:

Alright then! Count me as a taker. :)

perfect! 

5 minutes ago, Chemical_Pixie said:

Leaning towards Rita Fortescue from A Place Not Far From Here, but this may change! ;) 

...omg i cannot wait 

Spoiler

Takers:

@TreacleTart The Handmaid's Tale 

@Chemical_Pixie APNFFH

I'm a very strong maybe!! I love this idea for a challenge!

Deniiiii I'm a maybe :D I've got something in the works about Barty Crouch Jr (provided he counts as villainous, haha) otherwise have you watched Hannibal (the tv show)? 

7 hours ago, Noelle Zingarella said:

Umm, yes, please! I don’t have an idea yet, but count me in!

Amazing! 😊

1 hour ago, nott theodore said:

I'm a very strong maybe!! I love this idea for a challenge!

Yay!! I’d love to see what you can come up with.

1 hour ago, Aphoride said:

Deniiiii I'm a maybe :D I've got something in the works about Barty Crouch Jr (provided he counts as villainous, haha) otherwise have you watched Hannibal (the tv show)? 

Of course he counts as villainous and I’m sure you’ll do something absolutely awful with him 😋 I haven’t seen the Hannibal TV show but I’ve seen a couple of the films so I know the general idea? If that helps? 

Spoiler

Takers 

TreacleTart

Chemical_Pixie 

@Noelle Zingarella

Maybes

@nott theodore

@Aphoride 

Guest Noelle Zingarella

Deni, are you by chance familiar with One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, in play, movie, or novel form? Nurse Rached is just so bad...

I know it's early but I have a (first) entry already! the quintessence of dust. (M)

• Like 1

Are you familiar with Avatar: The Last Airbender? I’d love to try something with Azula. If not, I’d still like to enter with Bellatrix. :) 

• Like 2

@Noelle Zingarella @MegGonagall I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with either, not enough to get a decent idea of the backstory. 

Meg, Bellatrix would be perfect though! 😊

15 hours ago, Aphoride said:

I know it's early but I have a (first) entry already! the quintessence of dust. (M)

I cannot wait to read this!! 🤩🤩

Spoiler

Entries 

@Aphoride - the quintessence of dust

Takers 

TreacleTart - HMT

Chemical_Pixie - APNFFH

Noelle Zingarella

@MegGonagall - Bellatrix 

Maybes

nott theodore

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Something...villainy.

i look forward to it 😉

Spoiler

Entries 

Aphoride - the quintessence of dust

Takers 

TreacleTart - HMT

Chemical_Pixie - APNFFH

Noelle Zingarella

MegGonagall - Bellatrix 

Maybes

nott theodore

@Rumpelstiltskin

Guest Noelle Zingarella

Hi Deni! No problem—I was actually struck with a plunny last night involving Tom Riddle/Lord Voldemort and the refrain ‘timor mortis conturbat me.’ So I’ll be in with that 🙂.

I'll try something. Probably with OF.

On 6/22/2019 at 3:08 PM, TidalDragon said:

I'll try something. Probably with OF.

Yes!! Looking forward to some OF! 

Spoiler

Entries 

Aphoride - the quintessence of dust

Takers 

TreacleTart - HMT

Chemical_Pixie - APNFFH

Noelle Zingarella - Tom Riddle

MegGonagall - Bellatrix 

Maybes

nott theodore

Rumpelstiltskin

@TidalDragon

I have a soft spot for my OF’s main antagonist (who is, technically speaking, a serial killer) so I’ll probably try something with him. And I want to get back into fic so possibly a HP character if I can decide.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, crestwood said:

If you're willing to accept a collab piece for this challenge, @BookDinosaur and I have an idea that would fit really nicely :D 

I hadn't considered a collab piece but now that you've mentioned it I look forwards to it! Excited to see what the two of you come up with 😊

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

agh all of a sudden the deadline suddenly seems to be pretty close! less than three weeks left for entries 🖤

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veritaserum27 locked this topic