Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out this month's House Cup Activity!
  • Where can you find Dumbledore’s Army?
  • Up his sleevy.
Renacerá

The Vampire Diaries

Renacerá

The Vampire Diaries
Image result for the vampire diaries

Hello there! Keeping in the tradition of Emily-finding-fandoms-years-after-they've-ended, I just finished watching all 8 seasons of TVD, and I'm kind of obsessed. There's just so much to talk about and so many characters and plot-lines I have opinions on. Please, someone tell me you've seen this show and will blabber with me for the rest of forever.

[I haven't seen The Originals or Legacies yet, but I will, of course, be watching them soon.]

Elena

Have you read the books? The first 4 really. That's where my Online name comes from :)

Renacerá
On 10/22/2019 at 5:36 AM, Elena said:

Have you read the books? The first 4 really. That's where my Online name comes from :)

I haven't! I heard they're very different from the show.

aelaia

@Renacerá I'm a late TVD bloomer too 🤣 I too seem to shirk fandoms when they're like.. existing and discover them years later when everyone else has moved on. I was literally watching the other day and my boyfriend was like.. 'didn't that end... years ago?'

Psh. Like I'll listen to his opinion.

Happy to blabber endlessly. I still have many feels that no one wishes to discuss with me because they've all moved on..

Recent Badges

Renacerá
On 11/11/2019 at 6:52 AM, aelaia said:

@Renacerá I'm a late TVD bloomer too 🤣 I too seem to shirk fandoms when they're like.. existing and discover them years later when everyone else has moved on. I was literally watching the other day and my boyfriend was like.. 'didn't that end... years ago?'

Psh. Like I'll listen to his opinion.

Happy to blabber endlessly. I still have many feels that no one wishes to discuss with me because they've all moved on..

I'm exactly the same with coming to fandoms after people have moved on, haha.

Please give me all of your thoughts!

First off, opinions on all the main characters? Also, anyone you feel shouldn't have died throughout the series? Anyone you feel should have died (and stayed dead)? Best season/episode? Worst season/episode? AHH.

aelaia

Spoilering this out.. just incase someone is even further behind than we are 🤣

Spoiler

Right, so real talk 🤣🤣

Unpopular opinion, maybe? I don't know what you think, (it'll be great to hear your thoughts actually) but I just never clicked with Jeremy's character. I reaaalllyyy struggled to like him. Even as the entire 'pain in the backside' brother role, which he played very well..  in the sense of he irritated me incessently, much like my own little brother when I was younger. I just, don't like him. (I'm going to argue he should have died and remained dead a long time ago)

Who doesn't love the Salvatore brothers? 😍 I love them both for entirely different reasons, I can't allow myself to have a favourite. I feel I'd dishonour the other.

As for Elena, I honestly thought I'd hate her prior to actually watching the series, my mind was swiftly changed. I remember a friend telling me about it years ago and my reaction was very much 'ugh' but it wasn't until I started watching it that I actually got it. (I love Nina) I like her a lot, she goes through a lot and the bits I don't like so much are sort of explained by that? I think she's a strong lead.

Both Matt and Bonnie I had to grow towards. I struggled with them both a little bit. Matt at the beginning, mainly because of his constant pining, then Bonnie when she was first learning her witchy side but once they developed a bit more, I loved them. Matt in particular properly grew into himself which was awesome. Bonnie and her "Grams" are just the cutest, lets be real. I bawled like a baby when Grams died. (GRAMS SHOULD NEVER HAVE DIED!)

Tyler.. I feel similarly to Jeremy about. I always struggled to like him and as his character developed I just liked him even less. I expected him to be one of my favourites, I've always been more into werewolves (Remus 😍) than vampires but I struggled with his character, he'd perk up and redeem himself and then just be silly again. (He should have died way before he did too.. preferably in a much earlier season)

Caroline... oh Caroline. I don't know. I know you're sort of probably supposed to dislike a lot of her character at the beginning but I don't know. I think she was the character I had the most conflicting feelings about. That whole wierd thing with Damon in the first series I think put me off before I'd barely even begun. I grew to her and quite liked her towards the end, so for once I'm not hating on someone... haha!

I've just realised this makes me look like I almost hate everyone... hahahahahaha. I don't honestly.

Worst season, hmmm. I struggled with Season 5. I mean I know they had to grow up sometime, but I usually do struggle with long running fandoms when they change location. (I struggled with the initial bit of DH because the golden trio were running around outside of Hogwarts. Initially it felt so wrong. I got over it though pretty quickly) It just felt a bit bitty.

Favourite season, I'm so boring, 1&2. I loved the first season because it set everything up perfectly and the second season brought us dear old Klaus. I'm a sucker for a good fictional bad guy.

Favourite episodes, I quite liked the one with the founders day party back in season 1. (I struggled with the whole Anna/Jeremy thing mind you but we'll erase that detail) You've got the action with them hunting the vampires, a burning building, family dramas. I love a bit of old school season 1 drama. I just loved the initial stages when they were figuring out vampires were still very much among them, who they were, what was going on.

Least favourite episode, I have absolutely no idea. I struggled following some episodes and have entirely forgotten their contents.. so I imagine it was one of them.

I've just rambled the entire way through. I hope  it makes sense! Can't wait to hear your take on it all! I need to know the same from you, (most importantly I need to know what you think of Jeremy... I need to know if my hatred is justified).

Edited by aelaia

Recent Badges