Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Congratulations to Gryffindor for winning this year's house cup!
  • Hippolyta Truth is our new Minister of Magic following our special election!
  • Have a very relaxing August - our next House Cup starts next month!
abhorsen.

August '19 Bulletin

just.a.willow.tree
Posted (edited)

Ahhh Branwen!! It's such a beautiful bulletin, as always! I always look forward to the graphics and they never disappoint! ❤️ Congratulations to all the featured fics!

AND SAMMMM. 💛💛💛 Congratulations (a million times) for making staff! You're so beyond qualified and I'm sure you'll do amazing things. I'll miss you very much on the Puff event team, but I also know you'll be an amazing Muggle Liaison! Looking forward to new your new blue-y color! I'm glad I got to see your Hufflepuff yellow this week. 😭💛 I LOVE YOU.

Happy birthday to all the August babies!

Edited by just.a.willow.tree
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Rumpelstiltskin

Beautiful graphics, beautiful people, beautiful stories. O7

• Like 3

sibilant

Ahhh! What a beautiful bulletin! As always, the bulletin graphics are truly breathtaking ❤️

Congratulations to @Dojh167! Super excited to have you on the staff team :D

@something wicked I'm personally super sad to see you leave the staff team, but really happy you'll still be around! And thank you to @FireCrest for all your work as a Prefect :) 

@grumpy cat CONGRATULATIONS! You deserve it so much, with all the work you've been doing lately on the finale and just your general amazingness! ❤️

Thank you to everyone who voted for reorienting, I'm still a little shocked but very honored 🥰 And congratulations to all the other Featured Fics!

And last, but certainly not least--happy birthday to the other August babies! We were born in the best month, of course ;) 🎂

• Like 7

sunshine_locks

Congrats to everyone! Also happy birthday to all august babies, it's clearly the best month :^))

• Like 3

Felpata_Lupin

Great bulletin as always! :)

So many congrats to Sian and Juls for Head Students and to Kris for Order of Merlin! :hug:

Congrats to Shreya for SotM (I so need to stop by your AP... I'm so bad... :couch:)

And also many, many congrats to Sam for her new role on staff! I'm sure you'll do great! :clapping: (Although I fear for Hufflepuff in the coming HC events without our strategist queen... :P)

Congrats to all featured fics authors and happy birthday to all August babies!

:freeze: :grouphug:everyone!

• Like 7

nott theodore

This was so completely unexpected, I don't really know what to say! :wub: Thank you so much and the graphic (all of the graphics) is stunning!

A massive congratulations to Juls and to Kris for their awards! And to all of the featured stories for the month as well!

Happy birthday to all the August babies!

Kyle and Deni, thank you for everything you've done as prefect and staff, it's sad to see you stepping down (though Deni, I can't deny it'll be nice to have you helping out in HC events again :P )

Sam, congratulations on your promotion to staff! I know you'll do a great job :D

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the staff and prefects who've contributed to organising this year's House Cup. You all do so much for the site in your spare time and I'm really grateful for everything you do for our community!

:grouphug:

• Like 8

Noelle Zingarella

Congratulations Sian!! You were seriously amazing in that HC finale. And also congratulations to Kris!! I'm still having 0/3 dreams...you worked so hard, especially that last week!

Congratulations to everybody else too and thank you Branwen for the beautiful graphics!!

• Like 5

Finefrenzy__

@juls you were amazing during the HC finale. And @Rumpelstiltskin, you kept me sane ❤

• Like 3

MalfoysAngel

Congratulations to all the winners! 

Happy Birthday 🎉🎂🎈 to all the August babies and a special birthday shoutout to my birthday twin @Rumpelstiltskin

• Like 4

juls

Thanks for the honor! It was truly unexpected. (High Five to @nott theodore as my co-head!) :thankyou:

Special gratz to @grumpy cat cause she is truly is just awesome!! 😻

Happy Birthday to all the wonderful August people! 🎂

Congrats to all of those honored with featured stories. and at @sibilant for Story of the Month! :yay:

juls the other 🐱 lady

• Like 5

dirigibleplums

i am always in awe of how stunning the graphics are. what is this talent and how can i get some 😍😍

also! happy late birthday to my birthday buddy @800 words of heaven ♡♡

and to @MalfoysAngel and @Rumpelstiltskin (it's the 5th in the uk atm). as well as happy birthday to all of the august babies :P

congratulations to everyone who won an award. all very well deserved ♡

• Like 3

MadiMalfoy

Per usual, a fantastic bulletin! :D 

@abhorsen., monthly reminder of your amazing graphics skills 😍

@Lacey Black and @FireCrest, it was great having you both on the team, and don't be strangers! 

@something wicked, welcome back, love!! :yay: 

@Dojh167, welcome to staff, I can't wait to work with you! :) 

@nott theodore and @juls, congrats to you both on making head student this month, it's very well deserved if the finale shenanigans had anything to do with it! ;) 

@grumpy cat you put up with SO MUCH of my bullcrap this last month with the finale and ran the event like a champ even when it was meant to be sleeping hours for you :P The OoM is very much deserved! ^_^ 

@sibilant, congrats on SotM, this is such a good piece and you deserve all the accolades! ❤️ 

• Like 5

dreamshadow

Stunning bulletin and graphics as always!

So many exciting things happening here. Congrats to @Dojh167 and @something wicked; I know you're both going to rock your new roles! :cheering: 
And thank you to @FireCrest and @Lacey Black for all of your hardwork! 

And congratulations to those of you who are Head Students, winners of featured stories, Story of the Month, and Order of Merlin.  Super well-deserved all around and I'm always so impressed by the talent on this site, members and staff alike.  

Thanks for all that you do for keeping HPFT so alive and active, and the friendliest corner of the Internet 💛💙💚❤️

• Like 3

down-in-flames

a gorgeous bulletin, as always!! :wub:

@Dojh167 so excited to have you on the muggle liaison team!! and @something wicked, i'll miss having you on staff but i know you're gonna absolutely kill it back in your prefect role!!

@juls and @nott theodore, you two are both so incredibly deserving of head student this month. sian, your persistence during puzzle week was incredible and i was cheering you on behind-the-scenes the whole time (even when i had to tell you were wrong and was subsequently sad reacted).

and @grumpy cat, this finale quite literally would not have happened without you, i cannot think of anyone more deserving of the order of merlin award this month. :hug:

@sibilant reorienting is such a beautifully written story that i absolutely adored when i read it for the collab (yet another thing of yours that i should really go back and review at some point), and is oh-so-worthy of winning sotm this month. ❤️ 

• Like 6

something wicked

@abhorsen. it’s that time again... Do I even need to say how much I love the graphics? 🤩

@Dojh167 congratulations on your new role! You’re going to be amazing at it and you are with the best group of staff 💛💛

@juls @nott theodore your persistence and hard work in the finale were so impressive to watch, you both deserve this so much. Likewise, @sibilant, sotm was so well deserved, you’re an incredible writer who needs all the praise. 

To the MLs and staff, thank you for making the last few months so much fun. I’ve loved working with all of you ❤️❤️ To the prefects... you’re stuck with me now! It’s good to be back 😉

Lastly-  @grumpy cat - our beloved dictator and cat leader, as one of your loyal minions I can only bow down and say thank you for all your hard work in the finale, we couldn’t have done any of it without you! #grumpycat2020

• Like 6

grumpy cat

giphy.gif

idk even what to say besides that gif up there^

:P

with so many wonderful staffers, i'm honoured to be awarded with order of merlin - hpft is truly a fantastic site which has helped me find friends (the most important thing) and become a better writer (still important but not as much hahha) and i'm very happy to be able to help out behind the scenes and keep the site fun and welcoming for everyone ^_^

congrats to sam, juls, sian and shreya - you all are deserving of your titles and awards /i'm lowkey proud that most of the stories i nom for sotm end up winning so there :P

juls and sian - it was great seeing you both be active, not just this last month during the finale, but also during the entire year ^_^

shreya you already know i loooooved reorienting and i'm so very happy that it won because it deserves all the recognition and love :bliss:

• Like 5

starlitcastles

Okay so I realized that that I'm days later from responding to this bulletin as I thought I had typed a response to it and then never finished it due to life and distractions so I'm going to try again and attempt a response to this because I love HPFT's bulletins! ;w; So Happy August! Okay,  going to start by mentioning that I love the theme because I really love the nature feel to it and also love the Valkeryie and Jane "Thor" Foster being part of the theme as well!  Great job as always Bran! :) 

Congratulations to Sam ( @Dojh167) for becoming the new! I know I haven't said this to you but I have been meaning to so yay and I'm so happy for you! 😄  Also congratulations to Deni ( @something wicked) for being Prefect and sorry to hear that you have to step down from the Muggle Liason role but thanks for all your hard work and time! 😄  Also thank you @FireCrest and @Lacey Black for all your hardwork and time too! ;w; 

Congratulations to both  @nott theodore and @juls for being this month's Head Students as well! :) Oh, and of course, congratulations to @grumpy cat for winning Order of Merlin this month, you definitely deserve it and thank you for your hardwork and effort as well! 😄 

I only read bits of it but Reorienting seems like a really intriguing story from what I have read so far. Will have to try and do a proper review soon as well but congratulations to @sibilant for having it being featured as story of the month! :) 

Also congratulations to everybody whose stories were also featured this month as well! Happy belated, late, and early birthday to all of you who have birthdays during this month! I hope you all have a happy, great, fun, eventful, and or relaxing and sweet one! :D 

Thank you once again to everybody who worked on the bulletin as well! Thank you for your hardwork! I hope the rest of the August is a lovely and wonderful one for you guys as well! :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.