Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Congratulations to Gryffindor for winning this year's house cup!
  • Hippolyta Truth is our new Minister of Magic following our special election!
  • Have a very relaxing August - our next House Cup starts next month!
Sign in to follow this  
Dojh167

Dojh167

Dojh167

I finally posted the start of a new story - Odd Weasley Out

I think this might be my first new non-oneshot WIP since HPFT opened? =S

Percy is one of my favorite characters, and I've been meaning to make this addition to the polyverse for a long time, exploring his relationships with Oliver and Aud. One of the major contrasts that this story will have with WIGOWY (other than the obvious difference in the personality of the MC), is that while Hannah accepted her sexuality without issue and had more of a rocky path getting comfortable with polyamory, for Percy it's kind of the inverse. He is very happy in his relationship with Oliver, but is otherwise mostly in the closet about his sexuality, held back by internalized shame and guilt about inconveniencing others, especially his family.

I welcome questions to try to keep myself focused on this story. Hopefully more than one chapter will see the light of day!

• Like 1

just.a.willow.tree

I READ THE FIRST CHAPTER AND 😍😍😍

1. Can you talk more about the history of this story? Has it evolved a lot in your head or has your vision remained the same? When did you first come up with your ideas?? 💛

2. Do you have any special headcanons about Percy/Oliver that you haven’t seen much of before in fic?

3. What is your Audrey like? She’s particularly interesting to me, and I’m so so curious to get to know more of her 💛

4. Can we get a sneak peek of future chapters? 🥰

I LOVE YOUR WRITING AND I’M SO EXCITED YOU HAVE A NEW STORY UP.

Dojh167

Ahhh thank you Eva! ❤️

I’m equally glad I got this posted and that you got to see it!

1. Can you talk more about the history of this story? Has it evolved a lot in your head or has your vision remained the same? When did you first come up with your ideas?? 

Honestly, this idea has been in my head so long that it’s really hard to say. I think I came up with the idea in summer 2015 when I was working on WIGOWY. With that story, I structured a lot of things around knowing that most of my audience may not be familiar with polyamory, and the plot would need to introduce them to it. That made me want to be able to write a story where I didn’t have to worry about that so much, and Percy is a character who I feel a lot of connection with. Plus Percy/Oliver is one of my OTPs, so to make that canon he’d have to be poly. It’s worth noting that that summer is the same time Sense8 came out, and I only recently realized how much Oliver/Percy/Aud have in common with Lito/Hernando/Dani, and at this point I have no idea which came first. 

As far as I can tell, the core of the story hasn’t changed much. I have a brief outline that I’ve had saved for who knows how long, and the only edits I’ve made are adding in specific phrasings that would work for planned moments, but there are also gaps that have significant room to evolve as I write.

2. Do you have any special headcanons about Percy/Oliver that you haven’t seen much of before in fic?

They were totally enemies to lovers. Or, in this case, enemies to FwB to lovers.

Can you IMAGINE what it would be like sharing a dormitory with anyone as intense as Percy or Oliver? Now imagine it with both of them. They are both so intensely obsessive about their passions, and just about unbearable to be around full time for anyone who doesn’t feel the same. They definitely butted heads a lot in their early days, each being very loud unwelcome interruptions in how the other thought things should be. Needless to say, by the time they transitioned away from enemies territory, most of the other Gryffindors assigned to their dorm had found alternative sleeping arrangements.

3. What is your Audrey like? She’s particularly interesting to me, and I’m so so curious to get to know more of her 

I have some headcanons about her background that I don’t want to share now, because I’m not sure what will be included or changed in the story. I’m also very excited about her. I’m really glad to hear you are interested in her. When I posted the chapter I got worried that she wasn’t like-able enough, but honestly... she doesn’t have energy to waste getting people to like her, and if Percy and Oliver don’t need to, she shouldn’t either 😛

4. Can we get a sneak peek of future chapters? 

Here’s what I found saved for the start of chapter 2:

“Hello, I’m looking for the Squib Relations Department.”

Hell no.

Squib from hell or ordinary person, Percy wasn’t ready to deal with this today.

“Look lady, if you have questions, you can - ”

“Aud.”

“Sorry?”

“My name. Aud Kastelic.”

“Odd?”

“Precisely.” 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this