News Ticker

The Knockout Challenge - Round 2 | Deadline: 30 April 2020

TidalDragon

Kevin, 

The more I think about it I don't have time to dedicate to this and I wouldn't do the challenge justice. Please take me off the list. Sorry, real life and my muse just aren't cooperating at the moment. 

With nineteen participants our odd bracket is set!

To give a non-detailed peek behind the curtain since we didn't have an easy number to work with, especially given that I didn't want to give a zillion people byes, I determined these by combining random sequencing with coin flips, which all progressed from using an initial random sequence of 1-19 to assign numbers to each member. As was necessary, there will be three chunks of people who have two opponents in the first round instead of one.

You'll see my awful drawing of what the heck is going on below. I'm looking forward to reading all your entries!

thumbnail.jpg

The first round is officially underway so get writing @dreamshadow, @toomanycurls, @something wicked, @pookha, @MadiMalfoy, @MuggleMaybe, @Unwritten Curse, @AngelEyez3954, @Pixileanin, @MalfoysAngel, @Dojh167, @AbraxanUnicorn, @Shadowkat678, @TreacleTart, @Lost_Robin, @CheekyTorah-Lex, @Noelle Zingarella, @Tanda, and @facingthenorthwind!

• Like 4

@TidalDragon Sorry, Kevin. It looks I made your bracket rather complicated by dropping this, but I didn't want to commit and have to back out later. 

Nonsense @potionspartner! I appreciate it. These things get wonky whenever you don't have perfect numbers (and don't have seeds).

• Like 1

I would just like to say that I lost to Gina in the first rendition of this and now i have to batter her again. KEVIN, WHY? :sad: :P

• Like 1

@MuggleMaybe Blame random.org 😝

Edited by TidalDragon
  • Haha 1

@MuggleMaybe You have a good memory! I couldn’t remember who I faced. But I will say that my first reaction was, “Damn. Renee’s writing is stunning. I’m out.” ❤️

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can I swap the piece I wrote for a new piece I wrote? If not no worries!! Figured I’d ask!

So long as it otherwise complies with all the rules, it's fine. You can submit whichever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey look I finally finished it! It's still in the queue as of now, but here's the link for when it should be up: Knocking Requests+

@TidalDragon I'm furiously writing on this story, but my week is getting slammed because of all the Thanksgiving shenanigans.  Is there any way to ask for a 24 hour extension?  If not, that's okay.  Just wanted to throw that out there.

@dreamshadow @toomanycurls @something wicked @pookha @MadiMalfoy @MuggleMaybe @Unwritten Curse @AngelEyez3954 @Pixileanin @MalfoysAngel @Dojh167 @Shadowkat678 @TreacleTart @Lost_Robin @CheekyTorah-Lex @Noelle Zingarella @Tanda @facingthenorthwind and if anyone knows Brax's (AbraxanUnicorn) new name her too.

Multiple souls having prevailed upon me for an extension, the new deadline is 11:59 PST on 3 December 2019.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TidalDragon said:

@dreamshadow @toomanycurls @something wicked @pookha @MadiMalfoy @MuggleMaybe @Unwritten Curse @AngelEyez3954 @Pixileanin @MalfoysAngel @Dojh167 @Shadowkat678 @TreacleTart @Lost_Robin @CheekyTorah-Lex @Noelle Zingarella @Tanda @facingthenorthwind and if anyone knows Brax's (AbraxanUnicorn) new name her too.

Multiple souls having prevailed upon me for an extension, the new deadline is 11:59 PST on 3 December 2019.

Her new username is @PinsandKneazles 😊

• Thanks 1

• Veritaserum27 locked this topic
  • down-in-flames unlocked this topic
  • mydearfoxy locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

For anyone who has not seen the blog post featuring the results of our initial round of this challenge, we have progressed now to the quarterfinals where the remaining contenders are working steadily toward submitting their next stories. The prompt for the Quarterfinal Round is luck. Our writers are facing off in the bracket below:

toomanycurls v. pookha
MuggleMaybe v. Pixileanin

sinnersandsapphics (the artist formerly known as Dojh167) v. Lost_Robin
Noelle Zingarella v. facingthenorthwind

Follow along as they race to their deadline of 30 April 2020.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

When it gets validated, the first chapter of my round two entry is here: +gravity losing its hold

pray for me that it stays under the 10k limit, i'm battling, womp womp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...