Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out this month's House Cup Activity!
  • Where can you find Dumbledore’s Army?
  • Up his sleevy.
TidalDragon

The Knockout Challenge - Round 1 | Deadline: 30 November 2019

potionspartner

Kevin, 

The more I think about it I don't have time to dedicate to this and I wouldn't do the challenge justice. Please take me off the list. Sorry, real life and my muse just aren't cooperating at the moment. 

TidalDragon

With nineteen participants our odd bracket is set!

To give a non-detailed peek behind the curtain since we didn't have an easy number to work with, especially given that I didn't want to give a zillion people byes, I determined these by combining random sequencing with coin flips, which all progressed from using an initial random sequence of 1-19 to assign numbers to each member. As was necessary, there will be three chunks of people who have two opponents in the first round instead of one.

You'll see my awful drawing of what the heck is going on below. I'm looking forward to reading all your entries!

thumbnail.jpg

The first round is officially underway so get writing @dreamshadow, @toomanycurls, @something wicked, @pookha, @MadiMalfoy, @MuggleMaybe, @Unwritten Curse, @AngelEyez3954, @Pixileanin, @MalfoysAngel, @Dojh167, @AbraxanUnicorn, @Shadowkat678, @TreacleTart, @Lost_Robin, @CheekyTorah-Lex, @Noelle Zingarella, @Tanda, and @facingthenorthwind!

• Like 6

potionspartner

@TidalDragon Sorry, Kevin. It looks I made your bracket rather complicated by dropping this, but I didn't want to commit and have to back out later. 

TidalDragon

Nonsense @potionspartner! I appreciate it. These things get wonky whenever you don't have perfect numbers (and don't have seeds).

• Like 1

MuggleMaybe

I would just like to say that I lost to Gina in the first rendition of this and now i have to batter her again. KEVIN, WHY? :sad: :P

TidalDragon
Posted (edited)

@MuggleMaybe Blame random.org 😝

Edited by TidalDragon
  • Haha 1

Unwritten Curse

@MuggleMaybe You have a good memory! I couldn’t remember who I faced. But I will say that my first reaction was, “Damn. Renee’s writing is stunning. I’m out.” ❤️

• Like 2

CheekyTorah-Lex

Can I swap the piece I wrote for a new piece I wrote? If not no worries!! Figured I’d ask!

TidalDragon

So long as it otherwise complies with all the rules, it's fine. You can submit whichever.