Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the Prefect Blog for the results of the Springtime Writing Event!
  • Stop by the Wizarding Universiade sub-forum to mini-game your House to HC victory!
  • The Crazies' Café is open for JulNo!
TidalDragon

The Knockout Challenge - Round 2 | Deadline: 30 April 2020

potionspartner

Kevin, 

The more I think about it I don't have time to dedicate to this and I wouldn't do the challenge justice. Please take me off the list. Sorry, real life and my muse just aren't cooperating at the moment. 

TidalDragon

With nineteen participants our odd bracket is set!

To give a non-detailed peek behind the curtain since we didn't have an easy number to work with, especially given that I didn't want to give a zillion people byes, I determined these by combining random sequencing with coin flips, which all progressed from using an initial random sequence of 1-19 to assign numbers to each member. As was necessary, there will be three chunks of people who have two opponents in the first round instead of one.

You'll see my awful drawing of what the heck is going on below. I'm looking forward to reading all your entries!

thumbnail.jpg

The first round is officially underway so get writing @dreamshadow, @toomanycurls, @something wicked, @pookha, @MadiMalfoy, @MuggleMaybe, @Unwritten Curse, @AngelEyez3954, @Pixileanin, @MalfoysAngel, @Dojh167, @AbraxanUnicorn, @Shadowkat678, @TreacleTart, @Lost_Robin, @CheekyTorah-Lex, @Noelle Zingarella, @Tanda, and @facingthenorthwind!

• Like 5

potionspartner

@TidalDragon Sorry, Kevin. It looks I made your bracket rather complicated by dropping this, but I didn't want to commit and have to back out later. 

TidalDragon

Nonsense @potionspartner! I appreciate it. These things get wonky whenever you don't have perfect numbers (and don't have seeds).

• Like 1

MuggleMaybe

I would just like to say that I lost to Gina in the first rendition of this and now i have to batter her again. KEVIN, WHY? :sad: :P

• Like 1

TidalDragon

@MuggleMaybe Blame random.org 😝

Edited by TidalDragon
  • Haha 1

Unwritten Curse

@MuggleMaybe You have a good memory! I couldn’t remember who I faced. But I will say that my first reaction was, “Damn. Renee’s writing is stunning. I’m out.” ❤️

• Like 2

CheekyTorah-Lex

Can I swap the piece I wrote for a new piece I wrote? If not no worries!! Figured I’d ask!

TidalDragon

So long as it otherwise complies with all the rules, it's fine. You can submit whichever.

magemadi

hey look I finally finished it! It's still in the queue as of now, but here's the link for when it should be up: Knocking Requests+

Pixileanin

@TidalDragon I'm furiously writing on this story, but my week is getting slammed because of all the Thanksgiving shenanigans.  Is there any way to ask for a 24 hour extension?  If not, that's okay.  Just wanted to throw that out there.

TidalDragon

@dreamshadow @toomanycurls @something wicked @pookha @MadiMalfoy @MuggleMaybe @Unwritten Curse @AngelEyez3954 @Pixileanin @MalfoysAngel @Dojh167 @Shadowkat678 @TreacleTart @Lost_Robin @CheekyTorah-Lex @Noelle Zingarella @Tanda @facingthenorthwind and if anyone knows Brax's (AbraxanUnicorn) new name her too.

Multiple souls having prevailed upon me for an extension, the new deadline is 11:59 PST on 3 December 2019.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Crimson Quill
1 hour ago, TidalDragon said:

@dreamshadow @toomanycurls @something wicked @pookha @MadiMalfoy @MuggleMaybe @Unwritten Curse @AngelEyez3954 @Pixileanin @MalfoysAngel @Dojh167 @Shadowkat678 @TreacleTart @Lost_Robin @CheekyTorah-Lex @Noelle Zingarella @Tanda @facingthenorthwind and if anyone knows Brax's (AbraxanUnicorn) new name her too.

Multiple souls having prevailed upon me for an extension, the new deadline is 11:59 PST on 3 December 2019.

Her new username is @PinsandKneazles 😊

• Thanks 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella

My entry is in the queue: Todentanz (M)

Thanks for running this challenge!

AngelEyez3954

My story is now in the queue: Playing Pretend (T)

Thanks for the challenge :)

TidalDragon

For anyone who has not seen the blog post featuring the results of our initial round of this challenge, we have progressed now to the quarterfinals where the remaining contenders are working steadily toward submitting their next stories. The prompt for the Quarterfinal Round is luck. Our writers are facing off in the bracket below:

toomanycurls v. pookha
MuggleMaybe v. Pixileanin

sinnersandsapphics (the artist formerly known as Dojh167) v. Lost_Robin
Noelle Zingarella v. facingthenorthwind

Follow along as they race to their deadline of 30 April 2020.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

facingthenorthwind

When it gets validated, the first chapter of my round two entry is here: +gravity losing its hold

pray for me that it stays under the 10k limit, i'm battling, womp womp

• Like 1

Lost_Robin

When it gets validated and has all three chapters, this is my entry: Just Her Luck.

• Like 1