Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out this month's House Cup Activity!
  • Where can you find Dumbledore’s Army?
  • Up his sleevy.
Sign in to follow this  
grumpy cat

The Scandalous Challenge | 30 November 2019

grumpy cat

Challenge Name: The Scandalous Challenge
Challenge Deadline: 30 november 2019
Accepted Fandom(s): harry potter
Accepted Ratings: any!
Challenge Details: some people thought this is a good idea so i might as well try it :P everyone loves a good scandal? right? just me? i didn't think so 😏 i want you to embrace your inner rita skeeter and write a story whose plot revolves around a scandal! it could be a political scandal, a quidditch (sports) scandal, a whistleblower, espionage and diplomatic incidents, sex scandals haha....i'll accept any scandalous and nefarious scenarios you come up with as long as the scandal is a central part of the plot ^_^
Rules:

• no prewritten entries
  • no multiple entries, but combining with other challenges is fine
  • multi chapter entries are fine but the scandal plot has to be there
  • must include "For grumpy cat's The Scandalous Challenge" either in your summary or story notes

Prizes:

• review for each entry
  • award graphics for the first three places
  • third place: 2 reviews on stories of your choice + picspam based on your story
  • second place: 3 reviews on stories of your choice + picspam based on your story
  • first place: 4 reviews on stories of your choice + picspam based on your story

Simplicius

I'm working on a story that I think fits quite neatly. I have a lot of passion for it but, as ever, I'm not sure if I'll get it done.

Could you put me down as a maybe? Working title: 'The Trial of Susan Bones'

• Like 1

grumpy cat
22 minutes ago, Simplicius said:

I'm working on a story that I think fits quite neatly. I have a lot of passion for it but, as ever, I'm not sure if I'll get it done.

Could you put me down as a maybe? Working title: 'The Trial of Susan Bones'

that sounds great! (i'm listing everyone as a participant until they post an entry ^_^ )

participants:

Spoiler

Simplicius

MalfoysAngel

I'll give this a shot! 

• Like 1

grumpy cat
1 hour ago, MalfoysAngel said:

I'll give this a shot! 

awesome!

participants:

Spoiler

Simplicius
MalfoysAngel

Aphoride

Would something count as a scandal if it, like, scandalised people - but isn't actually scandalous itself? And the story confronts that ideology/belief? Because if so, I have a plunny ^_^ (I know, it's really vague, sorry! If you want me to pm you with the idea so you can see if it fits, let me know!) 

grumpy cat
34 minutes ago, Aphoride said:

Would something count as a scandal if it, like, scandalised people - but isn't actually scandalous itself? And the story confronts that ideology/belief? Because if so, I have a plunny ^_^ (I know, it's really vague, sorry! If you want me to pm you with the idea so you can see if it fits, let me know!) 

:ninjavanish: idk if i understand haha feel free to PM me and i'll see if it fits :P

Noelle Zingarella

A plunny hit me this afternoon about a scandal involving Professor Flitwick and The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden. I'll give it a go.

• Like 1

grumpy cat
7 hours ago, Noelle Zingarella said:

A plunny hit me this afternoon about a scandal involving Professor Flitwick and The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden. I'll give it a go.

that sounds awesome!! ^_^

btw @Aphoride like a million years later, i think i understand the vague idea you mentioned - this would count as a scandal because obviously, some people think it is, and if the plot revolves around others "battling" the scandal/the ideology that thinks it's a scandal, that definitely counts ^_^ 

participants:

Spoiler

Simplicius
MalfoysAngel
Noelle Zingarella
Aphoride

Edited by grumpy cat

Aphoride

@grumpy cat Ahhh thank you so much - I completely forgot to message you about it, sorry! (Got caught up in RL things boo) I'll be a maybe and hopefully it works out ^_^ 

• Like 1

LunaStellaCat

I will actually finish this one.  May I be a taker?  I would like to write about Crouch. 

grumpy cat
On 9/24/2019 at 11:14 AM, Aphoride said:

@grumpy cat Ahhh thank you so much - I completely forgot to message you about it, sorry! (Got caught up in RL things boo) I'll be a maybe and hopefully it works out ^_^ 

17 hours ago, LunaStellaCat said:

I will actually finish this one.  May I be a taker?  I would like to write about Crouch. 

that's great!

participants:

Spoiler

Simplicius
MalfoysAngel
Noelle Zingarella
Aphoride
LunaStellaCat

LunaStellaCat

@Grumpy Cat, my piece might cover two scandals in one written piece:  

Pause (M)

• Like 1

grumpy cat
1 hour ago, LunaStellaCat said:

@Grumpy Cat, my piece might cover two scandals in one written piece: 

Pause (M)

awesome, can't wait to read it!

participants:

Spoiler

Simplicius
MalfoysAngel
Noelle Zingarella
Aphoride
LunaStellaCat: Pause (M)

crestwood

I have an idea for this, I think, but I'm not entirely sure if it fits the challenge. There is a scandal involved, but it doesn't actually occur in the course of the story - but the story largely concerns the aftermath of said scandal. I can explain in greater detail in private as well, as this might be to vague to make a judgment call on. 

• Like 1

grumpy cat
7 minutes ago, crestwood said:

I have an idea for this, I think, but I'm not entirely sure if it fits the challenge. There is a scandal involved, but it doesn't actually occur in the course of the story - but the story largely concerns the aftermath of said scandal. I can explain in greater detail in private as well, as this might be to vague to make a judgment call on. 

if the central part of the storyline is dealing with a scandal/the aftermath of a scandal, then it fits ^_^ 

facingthenorthwind

i have a perfect idea for this buuuuuut i don't know if i'll actually have the time to write it :( we can hope?

• Like 1

grumpy cat

@facingthenorthwind let's hope you do :P 

participants:

Spoiler

Simplicius
MalfoysAngel
Noelle Zingarella
Aphoride
LunaStellaCat: Pause (M)
crestwood
facingthenorthwind

magpie

I think I have an idea that fits this challenge. The question is whether it’ll actually get written or not. 😆

Edited by magpie
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this