News Ticker

[November] Story of the Month | Nominations

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

November Story of the Month Nominations

How it works: 

This thread is for you to nominate your favorite stories to be recognized as the HPFT Story of the Month.  Seconding isn't necessary, as all stories will move on to the voting round. 

Mid-month [approximately 10 days after the nomination's thread is posted], a Prefect will post a voting poll for all of the stories that have been nominated. Don't worry about having to rush - you will have about 10 days to read the stories and vote for your favorite!

Winners will be announced in the News Bulletin on the first of each month. All SotM Winners will also receive a cool prize! 

Please post your nominations in this thread using the following format: 

Title:
Author:
Link to Story:
Warnings [if applicable]:
Reason for Nomination:

Rules for Nomination: 

1. To be eligible for nomination, a story must have been updated sometime within the past 12 months. 

2. Stories can be any genre, character type, fandom, or length.

3. No NC-17 rated stories.

4. Any story nominated must follow site guidelines.

5. All nominated stories must be posted on the HPFT Archives.

6. You may only nominate ONE story.

7. Stories do not have to be complete to be nominated. WIP's are acceptable.

Nominations will close on October 11th at 11:59 pm EST

Previous Months' Winners:

+Click for Complete Masterlist

May '19 - Inheritance by Bunbury

June '19 - 9.9 Out of 10, Highly Recommend by down-in-flames

July '19 - All the Waves Resounded by BookDinosaur

August '19 - reorienting by sibilant

September '19 - Logarithmic by val

October '19 - Fake It Til You Make It by Rhaenyra

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Mobile formatting incoming 😬

Title: Founders Four: Pillars of the Ages 

Author: @Shadowkat678

Link: here

Warnings: Violence

Reason: the voice of this piece is lovely, and the characters are even lovelier. It's definitely a unique take on the founders, which is very much appreciated! Plus, the suspense 🤩

Guest Noelle Zingarella

Title: Loyalties Undefined 

Author: @potionspartner

Link to Story: Click here! (M)

Warnings [if applicable]: Consent Issues (Severe), Derogatory Language, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Reason for Nomination: Barbara has set up an exciting story of espionage and danger during the height of Grindelwald's powers. Her OC, Katerina Bagshot, is offered a mission that will help defeat Grindelwald, and the price she is asked to pay is truly steep. But Katrina has motivations of her own to take this risk. It's a unique take on the spy game and the Grindelwald time period--and I can't wait to find out what happens next! Give it a read and I bet you'll feel the same.

title: flower in its decay
author: @crestwood
link to Story: here++
warnings [if applicable]: substance abuse
reason for nomination: uhm...so i just read the first chapter of this story today and i was left like wow. joey's writing is phenomenal and he just creates this sort of outrageous story of lysander scamander and louis weasley attending a muggle university with a famous, genius, mysterious french lit professor, after they leave hogwarts. and there's this sense of mystery and intrigue throughout the first chapter that just draws you in and you can't stop reading. it's bit like a mix between the secret history and how to get away with murder (i don't know if there will be actual murder in this but still. it's cool :P ) lysander is a very engaging protagonist, and the way joey writes him and the descriptions he uses just put me right there in lysander's brain and in clearwater university ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1