News Ticker

The Final Escape

grumpy cat

dom-final-escape.png

You stumble through what you thought was your final obstacle, only to be met with some familiar figures. The mysterious hooded man, casually leaning against a wooden post, the benevolent witch, winking at you, the ghost of Bathilda Bagshot, looking frazzled, Cassandra, as still and as beautiful as when you first met her, Ariadne, smiling sweetly at you, and finally, Death, in all his deathly splendor. They stare at you in silence while you gather your wits about you.

“You’ve made it through then,” the hooded man says in a raspy voice. You can’t see his face from under the hood, but as he starts walking towards you, something strange starts happening. First the witch, then Bathilda’s ghost, followed by Cassandra, and lastly, Ariadne, they all start melting into the hooded figure. It was him all along!

Only Death stands still in his place, observing the proceedings with an air of nonchalance about him, flapping his wings occasionally.

“I must say, it was interesting to watch you. You’ve been great entertainment, but now, your time to die has come,” the hooded man says and with a flick of his fingers, you and your companions find yourselves in shackles, at the mercy of a psychopath. With the speed of lightning, he’s suddenly behind you and you feel the steel of a knife at your throat. A little bit of blood trickles out and you’re counting the last seconds before you die but Death clears his throat.

“A BARGAIN WAS MADE, LORD OF TRICKSTERS, AND I WOULD HAVE YOU HONOUR IT. OR ELSE, YOU MIGHT FIND YOURSELF IN THE GREAT BEYOND SOONER THAN YOU PLANNED. FOR WITHOUT HONOUR, WE ARE NOTHING,” Death’s voice booms and you feel the blade loosening, letting you breathe.

Suddenly, the hooded man is before you once again, playing with his knife. He shrugs. “This is why we can’t have nice things, you old fool. But fine, I’ll play...fair,” he says and even though you can’t see it, you’re quite certain he’s rolling his eyes.

Death motions to you benevolently. “GO AHEAD, TELL US THE TALE OF YOUR ESCAPE, SHOW US YOUR MAP, AND WE MIGHT LET YOU LIVE.”

That doesn’t sound too comforting, but it’s better than being murdered right then and there. You prepare yourself and start recounting your adventure.

this is the thread to post your maps and archive links to your final escape stories

Edited by grumpy cat

• 2 weeks later...

I have submitted a story entitled The Greenfriar Players in the Department of Mysteries to the archives, but it is still in the queue awaiting validation, so I don't have a link for it yet.  It can be seen right now in my Writer's Journal.

I hope that one of my fellow Slytherins will submit a map

• Like 1

Still working on submitting the last two parts of Ravenclaw's fic to the queue, but here is the link: Escaping the Department of Mysteries+

The map will be posted in a few hours :) 

• Like 2

leaving a link to the final escape story! oddknobs, jangles, and an escape attempt+

(I'm linking to a specific chapter in my collection of miscellaneous house cup writings, so there's a possibility that it will be immediately viewable despite not having been validated? that seems to be what I've found with chapter links haha)

• Like 2

Hufflepuff's  Map (created by WriteYourHeartOut):

m2EAQxF.gif

Also, just in case it isn't completely clear, the objects we were given to work into the map became the rooms themselves:
- The Pocket Watch = The Entrance Chamber
- The Jester's Coat = The Hall of Prophecy
- The Key = Cassandra's Hideout
- The Teapot = Office of Professor Bathilda Bagshot
- The Lion = The Chamber of the Oracle
- The Skull = The Death Maze

Edited by WriteYourHeartOut
  • Like 3

All of the story that @potionspartner and I wrote is in the queue and is linked above :) 

Courtesy of powerpoint, here is ravenclaw's map! LMK if you'd like the full size to be able to read things better, I'm bad with sizing things appropriately 😅

final-maze.png.4dafc13047f71869762b9c029dd9fd65.png

Edited by MadiMalfoy
  • Like 1

OK guys, sorry for my inability to draw/take pictures/do things on time -- here's our map, courtesy of my ballpoint pen :S 

rsz_map2.thumb.jpg.c71ecf6187b1a97fc1f3ace562d8f531.jpg

Edited by Bunbury
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you , Jane!  We have a map!  I love it!  Lots of style!

• Like 1