Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out this month's House Cup Activity!
  • Where can you find Dumbledore’s Army?
  • Up his sleevy.
facingthenorthwind

various by facingthenorthwind

facingthenorthwind

it feels like i haven't written fic in YONKS even though i know technically that cannot be true. AND YET. I have so many fic projects for this november, let's hope I can get back in the groove! In no particular order:

Yuletide
Obviously  I cannot give any details on this, as it's an anonymous exchange. If you haven't heard of Yuletide, it's an ENORMOUS exchange of small fandoms (with <1000 works on ao3+ffn combined). Last year there were over 2,000 works written for it! I'm offering Tanakh & Midrash, Arden (an INCREDIBLE podcast I need everyone to listen to immediately), Class (TV 2016), The Lab: Avoiding Research Misconduct (Web Interactive Movie), and The Two Princes (Podcast). Wish me luck, folks.

The Ronks for Kevin's Challenge
Me? Write Remus/Tonks? I know, I know, and you're not going to be surprised -- this is not a Remus/Tonks-friendly story, even as that is technically the main pairing. I'm here to explain why Post-OotP Remus Lupin Is A Terrible Person To His Wife And Also Everyone Else. Kevin asked for dysfunctional relationships!!! (To be clear: I love Tonks with my whole heart and Remus Lupin did wrong by her by marrying her and then also that horrific scene in DH where he tries to RUN AWAY from his PREGNANT WIFE.)

Hot Skitty On Wailord Action
Okay so to explain this one started off as a dare. Well, what actually happened was that Pokemon ao3 tag wranglers discovered they did not have enough fics tagged with "hot skitty on wailord action" to make it a filterable tag, so everyone started talking about how there should be more fics written about it. I would like to make it clear that I was ASLEEP, and yet someone tagged me because I was an easy mark with writing crackfic on demand. You write ONE FIC where Ms Frizzle has sex with the Magic School Bus, and suddenly...

Hot Skitty on Wailord Action is a meme that is basically: the way pokemon reproduce is with "egg groups", where ostensibly similar pokemen go to the egg nursery to breed and then magically there is an egg. I am not very knowledgeable about pokemon so I don't know more than that. What I do know is that Skitty (a very small kitten) and Wailord (an ENORMOUS whale) are in the same egg group, which.... obviously..... there are questions.

At FIRST it was just going to be a quick drabble of smut but then my shorm Zoe was like "what if it were an episode of Ologies" and now I have to write a whole fake interview podcast episode with a pokemon scientist who doesn't know how Skitty and Wailord do it but has managed to get grant money from the government to watch pokemon have sex. Sometimes things spiral out of control a little!!!!

The Bea/Brenda Outsider POV
Okay so remember how I said everyone needed to listen to Arden? Get this: podcast where two canonically queer women who HATE EACH OTHER have to HOST A (FICTIONAL) TRUE CRIME PODCAST TOGETHER and also solve a cold case along the way? This is basically an excuse to get this fandom canonised on ao3, I want to essentially do a fic where the in-universe fandom of the podcast ships the two leads.

Fluffy Red, White and Royal Blue ficlet
Okay so if you haven't read the book Red, White & Royal Blue you ABSOLUTELY SHOULD. The son of the US President (not this one, haha) and one of the Princes of the British Royal Family are nemeses......................... who fall in love. Anyway the premise of this ficlet is a spoiler so. Get on that, folks!!

Stay tuned for more projects, because I'm a disaster, and I have an exam in a week, God help me.

• Like 5

800 words of heaven
On 11/1/2019 at 11:41 PM, facingthenorthwind said:

I have an exam in a week

This is my first exam-free NaNo, so I feel this so much! Good luck for exam time and NaNo

On the subject of Hot Skitty on Wailord Action, I know literally nothing about Pokemon, but one way the animals could breed is through external fertilisation, which is rather common, especially in aquatic environments. Sex is weird, but not always for the reasons people think! Have you thought much about how they could reproduce? Or is it going to be more focused on the fact that this is an "odd couple"?

facingthenorthwind
On 11/7/2019 at 12:38 PM, 800 words of heaven said:

This is my first exam-free NaNo, so I feel this so much! Good luck for exam time and NaNo

On the subject of Hot Skitty on Wailord Action, I know literally nothing about Pokemon, but one way the animals could breed is through external fertilisation, which is rather common, especially in aquatic environments. Sex is weird, but not always for the reasons people think! Have you thought much about how they could reproduce? Or is it going to be more focused on the fact that this is an "odd couple"?

Thank you for the luck! Now I just need to finish up the end-of-term essays that I had been putting off until after the exam, school ever ends. xD

I thiiiiiink the running gag is going to be that no one's ever seen it? Just like no one has actually seen eels reproduce (M to be safe?). Thank you for the question! (You're right that there's probably external fertilisation going on, but on the other hand -- neither whales nor cats do external fertilisation, so ?? but probably all pokemon do it, it's just more fun to imagine if they don't :P )

• Like 1