Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the Prefect Blog for the results of the Springtime Writing Event!
  • Stop by the Wizarding Universiade sub-forum to mini-game your House to HC victory!
  • The Crazies' Café is open for JulNo!
RonsGirlFriday

RonsGirlFriday's reviews

RonsGirlFriday

I'd like to spread some love and discover new fics! If you're looking for con crit, I can do that, and that includes reviewing for technical skills, if that's your concern. That said, I'm overwhelmingly positive in my reviews because your work is your baby and life is hard enough without being stressed out over something that's supposed to be fun. If you don't have any particular areas of concern and generally want someone to read your fic and leave some squees and words of encouragement, I'm here for you.

Rules:

• HP or OF (Fantastic Beasts is ok, too!)
  • HPFT/ AO3/ FFN all okay. I will cross-post my reviews to multiple sites if you'd like! Let me know if you want me to do that, and provide links to your fic on the requested sites.
  • 2 slots open at a time. I should get to your review within 2 weeks of your request - if I don't, please message me to poke me!
  • One chapter per request. Please feel free to re-request for subsequent chapters, but to be honest, I may end up just reading and reviewing other chapters on my own if I'm digging your story and I have the time. :read: 

Preferences:

• I'm open to a lot, but if I look at your fic and for some reason think I'm not the best person you could have reviewing it, I'll PM you and let you know.
  • All genres. Fluff, humor, and romance are good for the heart and soul, but I also love a good heartache, whether it's romantic or not. I love fics that expand on JKR's world-building, e.g. exploring different wizarding places and professions. I like complicated characters and themes. Moral ambiguity is a-okay with me.
  • Canon compliant or canon adjacent (by which I mean, things that are canon but with a little twist, or things that are simply not addressed in canon and so inhabit canon-neutral territory).
  • I love inane humor. This is where I'm okay getting canon divergent. Throw a good farce my way, break the fourth wall, please make me laugh.

Dislikes/avoid:

• Really involved AU fics, like something that drastically changes the events of the series. I'm sure they're fantastic, but I just don't have the mental hard drive capacity currently to process it meaningfully. A "what if" one-shot is fine, but a retelling of the series where Harry is in Slytherin is not for me.
  • Dramione. Or really any pairing where they're shipped with someone they've previously treated like garbage related to blood purity issues. I'm sorry, guys. I hold no judgment for you as a writer, I just think I'm not the right person to give you a meaningful review on that ship. 
  • Cross-generational romance.
  • Cursed Child. I haven't seen nor read it, so I won't understand it.

What about smut?

Look. I know how it works, I don't need the manual. I'm a big fan of closing the door. That said, I'm not averse to sexual content and humor. I just generally don't read fics that verge on erotica or where Harlequin-romance-type scenes feature prominently, and I probably won't comment on those scenes in my review.

I talk way too much. :ninjavanish: Here's the form:

Story and Author Name, including link:
Warnings and Advisories:
Genre
Length:
Summary:
Ships:
Areas of Concern:
Current Review Request Count:
 __/5

Edited by Veritaserum27
Updated as requested by member
  • Like 1

just.a.willow.tree

first?? :rose:

Story and Author Name, including link: a small collection of poems by justawillowtree
Warnings and Advisories: none
Genre poetry
Length: ~100 words per poem, usually
Summary: a few random things
Ships: n/a
Areas of Concern: I was wondering if I could ask you to just review one that you found interesting? :wub: Also, if you're not comfortable reading/reviewing poetry, I completely understand! Thank you so much!
Current Review Request Count: 1/5

Edited by just.a.willow.tree

RonsGirlFriday

@just.a.willow.tree Done, and they are lovely! :wub:  (The main review is on "language lost.")

Two slots open!

Edited by RonsGirlFriday
  • Thanks 1

MrsDarcy

Hey!

Story and Author Name, Including Link: Until the Sun Falls by MrsDarcy
Warnings and Advisories: derogatory language, sexual content, violence
Genre: drama, romance, action/adventure 
Length: 3384 words (ch 1)
Summary: we'll follow the former tea-waitress Anne Clarke on her stumbling quest to find success 
Ships: Remus/OC
Areas of Concern: none - just your thoughts ^_^ 
Current Review Request Count: 1/5

Guest Noelle Zingarella

sIgy8O.gif

Hi Melanie! So excited to see this thread :D

Story and Author Name, Including Link: Moonlight (M) by Noelle Zingarella
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length: Novel; Chapter 1 is 1771 words
Summary: A Comedy of Errors about an Unstoppable Force meeting an Immovable Object: Miranda Rose had always enjoyed more than her share of good luck, which served her well in avoiding the consequences of her frequently impulsive behavior. But when her penchant for risk-taking leads her into the middle of a war—and an entanglement with the enigmatic Severus Snape—her luck may not be enough to save her.
Ships: Snape/OC; OC/OC
Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! 
Current Review Request Count: 2/5

RonsGirlFriday

I have reviewed the fabulous first chapter of Until the Sun Falls by @MrsDarcy and have one spot open now!

• Like 1

pookha
[b]Story and Author Name, including link:[/b] Sleep Without Pain (A)
[b]Warnings and Advisories:[/b]dying, grieving, magical creature, no advisories but will pull your tears
[b]Genre[/b] angst 
[b]Length:[/b] 1714
[b]Summary:[/b] Crookshanks is old and in pain. Hermione and Ron decide that it may be his time.  Told from Crookshanks's POV. For AdinaPuffs 'The Animal Lovers Challenge.'
[b]Ships:[/b] ron/hermione, but not a focus
[b]Areas of Concern:[/b] anything you want to comment on. What do you think of Crookshanks's voice?
[b]Current Review Request Count:[/b] __/5 I..I'm not sure what this means?

RonsGirlFriday

Reviewed Chapter 1 (and then some! 😉) of Moonlight by @Noelle Zingarella and got hooked, and cried and reviewed Sleep Without Pain by @pookha.

2 spots open!

• Like 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella

sm9iIJ.gif

Nobody's jumping on this yet...is it okay if I come back so soon? (feel free to skip me if it is)

Story and Author Name, Including Link: Moonlight (M) by Noelle Zingarella
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length: Novel; Chapter 7 is 4186 words
Summary: A Comedy of Errors about an Unstoppable Force meeting an Immovable Object: Miranda Rose had always enjoyed more than her share of good luck, which served her well in avoiding the consequences of her frequently impulsive behavior. But when her penchant for risk-taking leads her into the middle of a war—and an entanglement with the enigmatic Severus Snape—her luck may not be enough to save her.
Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! 

Edited by Noelle Zingarella

sibilant

*swoops in* Hi! I don't think we've met yet. I'm Shreya, one of the Ravenclaw staffers :) I'd love for you to check this out if you're at all interested!

Story and Author Name, including link: reorienting by sibilant
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (mild/moderate)
Genre: Angst, General, Hurt/Comfort
Summary: After the war, Padma searches for a home.
Ships: super brief mention of Lavender/Parvati
Areas of Concern: This is a genfic focused on Parvati and Padma's relationship. I'm really interested to hear your thoughts about their relationship and just thoughts in general :)
Current Review Request Count: 0/5 (1/5 with this one)

thank you! ❤️

RonsGirlFriday

@sibilant Nice to meet you, and thanks for dropping in! I have reviewed "reorienting" and loved it!

@Noelle Zingarella I love your gifs, haha. :D I left you a few more reviews beginning with Chapter 7. ;) Keep 'em coming! I am truly a sucker for a Byronic hero.

2 spots open!

• Thanks 1

Bunbury

Hey! We haven't been properly introduced, but I'm Jane :) I was wondering if you'd check out my WIP: 

Story and Author Name, including link: Inheritance [M] by Bunbury
Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Violence 
Genre: Mystery, Horror, Drama, Romance, Humour 
Summary: 

Phaedra Morley leads a quiet, private life, working at a Diagon Alley apothecary and looking after her infirm mother. But Phaedra has a secret, and now she must retrace her father's footsteps through the Dark Arts and find out what he was working on when he disappeared in the wake of Voldemort's fall. Along the way she enlists the help of a feckless bookseller and -- much to his displeasure -- Severus Snape. A story of death, madness, haunted houses, true friends, and Cockroach Clusters. 

Ships: Snape/OC
Areas of Concern: Just your thoughts! 
Current Review Request Count: 1/5

RonsGirlFriday

@Bunbury Hi! I love Snape, I’ll be delighted to! And I had to reply to say: awesome username! :wub:

1 spot open!

Edited by RonsGirlFriday
  • Like 1

BookDinosaur

hello! i was wondering if i might snag this spot  :rose:

Story and Author Name, including link: All the Waves Resounded by BookDinosaur
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence 
Genre: AU, Drama, Romance
Summary: 

When he kisses her, she feels as though she could crumble, but the truth of the matter is that he is not her Perseus; perhaps there is no Perseus in this telling of the story.

The First Wizarding War is raging around her, and Andromeda Black has turned traitor.

Ships: Andromeda/Ted
Areas of Concern: I'd just love to hear what you think! 
Current Review Request Count: 3/5

Pixileanin

Hi there!  I don't know if this is the sort of story you'd like, but I'm looking for concrit, so if you've got the time, I'd love if you could look it over.

Story Title: A Thousand Miles (M)
Pen Name(s): Pixileanin
Fandom: Original Fiction
Advisory: Derogatory Language, Substance Abuse, Domestic Abuse, Violence
Genre: Horror/Dark
Main Characters: Some Characters
Pairings: not really
Site(s) Posted On: HPFT
Complete or WIP: COMPLETE
Length: about 7k one-shot

Summary: Janey faces her troubling past to save her son from a tragic future.

open review requests: 1/5  

Edited by down-in-flames
  • Like 1

Tanda
Hi! I stopped by your review request thread after reading your fantastic Audrey centered fic.

Story and Author Name, including link:To the East (M) by StarFeather
Warnings and Advisories:Sexual Content, Violence
Genre:Angst, Action, Adventure, Romance, Hurt/Comfort, (a little bit maybe AU but not so much with an Asian fairy tale).
Length: about 5400 words
Summary:It might have been Molly's weary back figure or George's distant gaze while Ron tried saying jokes that caused his impulse to flee to the other countries. It might have been the moment when he heard about a legendary ramen noodles maker in east Asia. He wasn't sure of his true motivation to leave Britain. Maybe he wanted to be like his brother who followed his passion to Romania and its dragons. 
Ships:Hermione/ Ron, Ginny/Harry, Charlie /OC, Molly/Arthur, Fluer/Bill
Areas of Concern:Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Current Review Request Count:_1_/5
Edited by Tanda
  • Like 1

RonsGirlFriday

@Pixileanin and @Tanda Your reviews are done, and I enjoyed your fics immensely!

2 spots open!

• Thanks 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella

sB3OLJ.gif\

I'm swooping in with another review request for my byronic hero:

Story and Author Name, Including Link: Moonlight (M) by Noelle Zingarella Chapter 16+
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length: Novel; Chapter 16 is 6626 words
Summary: A Comedy of Errors about an Unstoppable Force meeting an Immovable Object: Miranda Rose had always enjoyed more than her share of good luck, which served her well in avoiding the consequences of her frequently impulsive behavior. But when her penchant for risk-taking leads her into the middle of a war—and an entanglement with the enigmatic Severus Snape—her luck may not be enough to save her.
Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! 
Current Review Request Count: 3/5

kuusi palaa

Melanie! Hi, I'm Abby. I was so surprised at the review you left me on my piece for the Wisdom Highlights challenge--I absolutely loved hearing your thoughts! So naturally, I am stoked to come to your request thread! :D 

Story and Author Name, Including Link: A Woman's Place by Chemical_Pixie
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Consent Issues (Severe) Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama, Dark, Comfort/Hurt
Length: Short Story Collection
Summary: There are thirty-nine known members of the Order of the Phoenix. Only twelve of them are women.
Ships: canon
Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! You can start in whatever order you'd like, or skip over any content (there are some trigger warnings). Every woman in the Order gets her own chapter and theme(s). So far, there's Alice (workplace discrimination), Marlene (sexual assault), Dorcas (racism/xenophobia, education), Lily (pregnancy/motherhood), and Emmeline (break ups, marriage discrimination). Your choice!

Review Request Count: 2/5

Recent Badges

RonsGirlFriday

@Chemical_Pixie I couldn't choose so I reviewed all 5 :D 

@Noelle Zingarella I had left a review previously on Ch 16 so I have left you one on Ch 17 now. 🙃

2 spots!

Edited by RonsGirlFriday
  • Thanks 1

facingthenorthwind

Sto ry and Author Name, including link: Hermione Before the Beit Din
Warnings and Advisories: none
Genre angst
Length: 1766 words
Summary: You wouldn't find it in the Talmud, per se, let alone the Torah, but Wizarding Jewry doesn't obliviate people, and Hermione has broken the law.
Ships: none
Areas of Concern: Just your thoughts! You said you liked worldbuilding, and imo this (along with curses  of course) is one of my worldbuildingest? Unless I'm forgetting something... (Technically, there is a fic before this that is also worldbuildingy, East Finchley Synagogue, but I like this one better. :P ) "Emma is your worldbuilding all about wizard jews" LOOK, sometimes, you just gotta........ write a lot of fics about wizard jews............

• Like 1

sinnersandsapphics

Story and Author Name, including link: The Moth and the Flame by Dojh167+
Warnings and Advisories: M; domestic abuse, sexual content, violence
Genre: dark/horror, romance
Length: one shot 2595 words
Ships: OC/OC (OF)
Summary:  The moth don't care when he sees the flame
He might get burned, but he's in the game
And once he's in, he can't go back
He'll beat his wings till he burns them back

Areas of Concern: I'm really curious what your perceptions of the characters are, and if/how that changes over the course of the story.

RonsGirlFriday

@facingthenorthwind @Dojh167 Done!

On 12/11/2019 at 10:13 PM, facingthenorthwind said:

LOOK, sometimes, you just gotta........ write a lot of fics about wizard jews............

I approve of this as a life motto.

2 spots open!

• Thanks 1