News Ticker

RonsGirlFriday's reviews

RonsGirlTuesday

Guest Noelle Zingarella

s3964c.gif

Story and Author Name, Including Link: Moonlight  by Noelle Zingarella Chapter 20 (M)+
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length: Novel; Chapter 20 is 6529 words
Summary: A Comedy of Errors about an Unstoppable Force meeting an Immovable Object: Miranda Rose had always enjoyed more than her share of good luck, which served her well in avoiding the consequences of her frequently impulsive behavior. But when her penchant for risk-taking leads her into the middle of a war—and an entanglement with the enigmatic Severus Snape—her luck may not be enough to save her.
Ships: Snape/OC; OC/OC
Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! 
Current Review Request Count: 4/5

@CambAngst This has been on my to-read list! :yay:

@Noelle Zingarella :

giphy.gif

@CambAngst Chapter 1 and @Noelle Zingarella Chapter 20 reviewed! :clapping:

2 spots!

Hello, again! Thanks so much for the review on chapter 1. It was amazingly thorough and I like the depth and thoughtfulness of your reactions. May I re-request for chapter 2?

Story and Author Name, including link: After Destiny [M] by CambAngst
Warnings and Advisories: Mature; Hate Speech, Consent Issues (Severe), Sexual Content, Slavery, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence 
Genre: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Length: novel; currently 230,000 words
Ships: Many; primarily Ginny/Harry and Hermione/Ron
Summary:  Children. Warriors. Heroes. Victims. Survivors.

Harry Potter and his friends struggle to move on with their lives after the Second Wizarding War.

Areas of Concern: Chapter 2 is where the story starts to take one a life of its own rather than just playing out the first hour or two after the end of Deathly Hallows. What do you think about Ginny and Harry's reunion and how it plays out? Do their reactions and insecurities make sense? Is it easy to follow what's going on, given the need to, err... obfuscate a few things?
Current Review Request Count: 1/5 

Thank you so much!

Hi there!  Thanks so much for the great review!  I have another that I'd love fresh eyes on and comments.  It was written in a bit of a rush for the challenge, so any concrit would be appreciated.  I'm especially concerned with the reader's ability to connect to the characters.... one of my weaknesses.

Story and Author Name, including link: Anything is Possible ;(T) by Pixileanin
Warnings and Advisories: Anxiety
Genre: Fluff/Romance
Length: one-shot, around 5.5k
Ships: OC/OC, lesbian pairing
Summary:  Bad Owl Coffee helps Eleanor Branstone get through the holidays.

Areas of Concern:  As mentioned above

Thank you!

@CambAngst Done with chapter 2! :clapping:

1 spot open!

@Pixileanin Finished your review! 🥰

2 spots open!

@Chemical_Pixie Just wanted to let you know, if I don't get your review done today I will soon! ❤️

• Like 1

@Chemical_Pixie Left you a reviews on the first few chapters! 💗

Both slots open!

• Thanks 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella

Would you mind checking out my OF?

Story and Author Name, Including Link: Angelus+ by Noelle Zingarella
Warnings and Advisories: Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure
Length: Novelette, currently at 4 chapters/6037 words
Summary: Although she was one of the Seven Factors with the ability to interact with the Hidden World, Gobnait McCann never expected to do more than marry and bear children. All that would change one night in October of 1871 when a disaster, a dragon, and a stranger call her to duty in what could only be termed a baptism by fire.
Ships
Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! 
Current Review Request Count: 1/5

Hi, Melanie! Thanks you for the review on chapter 2. You made some really good points about how Ginny and Harry sort of competitively described their lives over the prior year as they argued, as well as Ginny's confessions to Harry near the end. Definitely some things to think about, and I appreciate you pointing them out. May I re-request for chapter 3?

Warnings and Advisories: Mature; Hate Speech, Consent Issues (Severe), Sexual Content, Slavery, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence 

Harry Potter and his friends struggle to move on with their lives after the Second Wizarding War.

Areas of Concern: Chapter 3 deals with the aftermath of Harry and Ginny's night together, as well as Harry's physical injuries. Some of the Hogwarts teachers also make their first appearances. I'm curious what you make of the way that people who aren't Hermione, Ron and Ginny treat Harry. Also interested in what you think about the conversation between the trio at the end.

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

@Noelle Zingarella @CambAngst Reviews done, and as always I am thrilled to read works by both of you. :wub:

2 spots open!

Hello, Melanie, darling! Can I steal a slot? :wub:

And... well... I know you said in your rules no Marauders romance and no AU, but if the AU doesn't really happen till the very end and if the story is not exclusively romance but more focused on friendship, war and coming of age... would you give it a try? :couch:  If not, could you just pick any story you think you might enjoy from my AP? :$ 

Story and Author Name, including link: Liar by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre Angst, AU, Drama, Romance

Length: 10 chapters and 52467 words. The first chapter is 2599 words

Summary:

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Ships: Peter/Remus, Remus/Dorcas, Peter/OC, James/Lily, hints of Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern: just your thoughts :hug:

• Like 1

@Felpata_Lupin Of course I will :wub: Also, I'm probably going to remove my rule about no Marauders romance, not entirely sure what even provoked me to do that in the first place. 

1 spot open!

• Like 1

Hey! I really enjoyed your review on chapter 3. You definitely summed up where I was going with Ginny's doubts and fears, along with all the rest of the teens. I'm glad it came through. May I re-request for chapter 4?

Areas of Concern: Chapter 4 is a really heavy chapter from Ginny's viewpoint. Lots of things come out. Also, Hermione and Ron start to work out their plan for the summer. I'm really curious as to whether Ginny's reactions seem right and proportionate, as well as what you make of Harry's "plan" for the meeting with McGonagall and the Minister.

Current Review Request Count: 2/5 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

@CambAngst I had already reviewed chapter 4, so I did chapter 5 for you. :)

@Felpata_Lupin I'll have yours done within a couple of days!

I'm going to be closing both of my slots at this time until Rounds 1 and 2 of the review event are over, so please no review requests until I post in this thread again to announce I'm opening them back up. (To my repeat customers: never fear, I'm sure you'll find me making an appearance on your AP during the reviewing event!)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is as good a time as ever to pop back here and note that I completed the above requests (unrelated to the CMDC event), and I once again have 2 spots open!

Hi Melanie. I would like to request a review and advice for a story that has gone unreviewed.

Story and Author Name:  The Hogwarts Storm by Oregonian

Warnings and Advisories:  None.  Description of a hurricane,

Genre:  Action/Adventure.  Christmas.

Length:  8583 words.  One-shot.

Summary:  This story reprises an actual event that occurred early in the morning of 15 January, 1968.  I have taken the liberty of moving the date to 25 December 1967 to coincide with Arthur Weasley's last Christmas at Hogwarts, a date that he will never forget.

Ships:  None

Areas of Concern:  This story gets few reads and no reviews, and I'd like your opinion as to why.  Boring topic?  Boring story construction?  Boring summary? Off-putting story length (8583 words in a one-shot)?  

Whatever comments you can offer would be very welcome. Thanks!

Vicki 

Edited by down-in-flames
added request count
  • Like 1

I'm always really surprised when I find that you have slots open. I would think people would snap these up like hotcakes. Your reviews are gold! I believe you're up to chapter 14?

Areas of Concern: Chapter 14 deals with the aftermath of Fred's funeral. Needless to say, everyone is pretty worn down emotionally after the funeral itself and Molly's mental breakdown. Do the characters' reactions seem sensible to you? How do you feel about Fleamont and Euphemia's first real conversation with Harry? Does Ron's plan seem like something he'd want to do?

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Oregonian and @CambAngst your reviews are done!

I have 2 spots open, y'all, but a couple of things at this particular point in time:

First, if your fic you want reviewed is currently being nominated for a FROG (I know you know who you are 👀), it's a strong probability I'll be reading it during Round 3, so please don't request reviews for such fics at this point in time. (Not gonna lie, I just need all the points for Ravenclaw.) :ravenclaw: 

Second, if you do request a review right now, please know that it may take me longer to complete your request since Round 3 starts in a week-ish, and if I don't get the review done before then, it'll be sometime after Round 3 finishes.

• Thanks 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella

I'm patient :yoda:

Story and Author Name:  libera nos a malo+

Warnings and Advisories:   Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Slurs, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Violence

Genre:  Action/Adventure Angst, Drama, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance

Length:  chapter 2 is 7661 words

Summary:  If you’re slick enough, you can surf on chaos. But if you stumble, it can drown you. A sequel to Moonlight.

Ships:  Snape/OC

Areas of Concern:  Your thoughts!

Current Review Request Count: 3/5

1651575950_giphy(1).gif.244dbff71bf22448dcd55713abe23f39.gif

I'ma just slide in here, yiiiiiisss

Story and Author Name, including link:  Witch Slap+
Warnings and Advisories: Sexual ContentSlurs
Genre: Fluff, Humor, Romance 
Length: Chapter 8 (3341 words)
Ships: Rose / Scorpius
Summary:  Twenty-one year old Rose Weasley is a wannabe Healer at St. Mungo's, Albus Potter is working as a Curse-Breaker for Gringotts and Scorpius Malfoy is a beater for Puddlemere. Al convices Rose to move in with him and Scorp and together the trio try to claw their way through adulthood.  
Areas of Concern: Well, I do love your reviews so... just y'know thoughts....? You've read the entire thing now, so inconsistencies and problems with the reading of the story so far would be cool.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Noelle Zingarella and @tatapb I wish I could make a living off of just reading whatever you write, because it makes me happy as a clam. Your reviews are done. 💚

2 spots open!

Hello, Melanie, my dear! :wub:

Is it okay if I come back for more? :rose:

Story and Author Name, including link: Liar by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre Angst, AU, Drama, Romance

Length: 10 chapters and 52467 words. Chapter 4 is 6315 words

Summary:

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Ships: Peter/Remus, Remus/Dorcas, Peter/OC, James/Lily, hints of Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern: just your thoughts :hug:

• Like 1

Hi, Melanie! I was wondering whether I could slip back in here for chapter 15? It has some events that I know a lot of readers find disturbing, so if you're not up for it, I understand.

Areas of Concern: Chapter 15 gives a glimpse into the secret Ginny has been hiding throughout the story. It's a pretty heavy scene, so I'm very interested to see your reaction to it. From there, we see Kingsley pondering the future of the Ministry and Harry's place in it. Lastly, Ginny and Hermione indulge in a bit of girl talk. As always, girl talk is not my forte, so I'm curious as to whether it works well.

Thank you so much!

• Like 1