Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out our updated rules and content tutorials!
  • Contribute to our book review blog!
  • Keep an eye out for a blog entry recapping the rager of the decade
  • 2020's pre-FROGS review event will be starting later this month
RonsGirlFriday

RonsGirlFriday's reviews

CambAngst

Hi, there! I've been hoping to catch an open slot for quite a while. You're very much in demand. I was wondering if you would take a look at my current WIP.

Story and Author Name, including link: After Destiny [M] by CambAngst
Warnings and Advisories: Mature; Hate Speech, Consent Issues (Severe), Sexual Content, Slavery, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence 
Genre: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Length: novel; currently 230,000 words
Ships: Many; primarily Ginny/Harry and Hermione/Ron
Summary:  Children. Warriors. Heroes. Victims. Survivors.

Harry Potter and his friends struggle to move on with their lives after the Second Wizarding War.

Areas of Concern: I'm always very concerned about characterization and tone. Do the characters feel like themselves? Does the scene and the mood flow well and match up to canon?
Current Review Request Count: 1/5 

Thank you!

Noelle Zingarella

s3964c.gif

Story and Author Name, Including Link: Moonlight  by Noelle Zingarella Chapter 20 (M)+
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length: Novel; Chapter 20 is 6529 words
Summary: A Comedy of Errors about an Unstoppable Force meeting an Immovable Object: Miranda Rose had always enjoyed more than her share of good luck, which served her well in avoiding the consequences of her frequently impulsive behavior. But when her penchant for risk-taking leads her into the middle of a war—and an entanglement with the enigmatic Severus Snape—her luck may not be enough to save her.
Ships: Snape/OC; OC/OC
Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! 
Current Review Request Count: 4/5

CambAngst

Hello, again! Thanks so much for the review on chapter 1. It was amazingly thorough and I like the depth and thoughtfulness of your reactions. May I re-request for chapter 2?

Warnings and Advisories: Mature; Hate Speech, Consent Issues (Severe), Sexual Content, Slavery, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence 

Harry Potter and his friends struggle to move on with their lives after the Second Wizarding War.

Areas of Concern: Chapter 2 is where the story starts to take one a life of its own rather than just playing out the first hour or two after the end of Deathly Hallows. What do you think about Ginny and Harry's reunion and how it plays out? Do their reactions and insecurities make sense? Is it easy to follow what's going on, given the need to, err... obfuscate a few things?

Thank you so much!

Pixileanin

Hi there!  Thanks so much for the great review!  I have another that I'd love fresh eyes on and comments.  It was written in a bit of a rush for the challenge, so any concrit would be appreciated.  I'm especially concerned with the reader's ability to connect to the characters.... one of my weaknesses.

Story and Author Name, including link: Anything is Possible ;(T) by Pixileanin
Warnings and Advisories: Anxiety
Genre: Fluff/Romance
Length: one-shot, around 5.5k
Ships: OC/OC, lesbian pairing
Summary:  Bad Owl Coffee helps Eleanor Branstone get through the holidays.

Areas of Concern:  As mentioned above

Thank you!

RonsGirlFriday

@CambAngst Done with chapter 2! :clapping:

1 spot open!

RonsGirlFriday

@Pixileanin Finished your review! 🥰

2 spots open!

Chemical_Pixie

Hey Melanie! Would you be open to starting my Next Gen novel WIP? It expands on JKR's universe and has some complicated themes, a dash of moral ambiguity, and a pinch of romance. ;) 

Story and Author Name, including linkA Place Not Far From Here + by Chemical Pixie
Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Mystery, action/adventure, dark, romance
Length: 33 chapters, 147,811 words
SummaryThe hunt for the Hallows. The disappearance of James Potter. The power of The Cause. For Amelia Fortescue, time is running out. She must find her place before it is decided for her, and the consequences may very well carry her to the brink.
Ships: JSP/OC
Areas of Concern: Your general thoughts! Not sure how well you like mysteries, but this is my version of a next generation Deathly Hallows mystery.

Current Review Request Count:  2/5

• Like 1

RonsGirlFriday

@Chemical_Pixie Just wanted to let you know, if I don't get your review done today I will soon! ❤️

• Like 1

RonsGirlFriday

@Chemical_Pixie Left you a reviews on the first few chapters! 💗

Both slots open!

• Thanks 1

Noelle Zingarella

Would you mind checking out my OF?

Story and Author Name, Including Link: Angelus+ by Noelle Zingarella
Warnings and Advisories: Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure
Length: Novelette, currently at 4 chapters/6037 words
Summary: Although she was one of the Seven Factors with the ability to interact with the Hidden World, Gobnait McCann never expected to do more than marry and bear children. All that would change one night in October of 1871 when a disaster, a dragon, and a stranger call her to duty in what could only be termed a baptism by fire.
Ships
Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! 
Current Review Request Count: 1/5

• Like 1

CambAngst

Hi, Melanie! Thanks you for the review on chapter 2. You made some really good points about how Ginny and Harry sort of competitively described their lives over the prior year as they argued, as well as Ginny's confessions to Harry near the end. Definitely some things to think about, and I appreciate you pointing them out. May I re-request for chapter 3?

Areas of Concern: Chapter 3 deals with the aftermath of Harry and Ginny's night together, as well as Harry's physical injuries. Some of the Hogwarts teachers also make their first appearances. I'm curious what you make of the way that people who aren't Hermione, Ron and Ginny treat Harry. Also interested in what you think about the conversation between the trio at the end.

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

Felpata_Lupin

Hello, Melanie, darling! Can I steal a slot? :wub:

And... well... I know you said in your rules no Marauders romance and no AU, but if the AU doesn't really happen till the very end and if the story is not exclusively romance but more focused on friendship, war and coming of age... would you give it a try? :couch:  If not, could you just pick any story you think you might enjoy from my AP? :$ 

Story and Author Name, including link: Liar by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre Angst, AU, Drama, Romance

Length: 10 chapters and 52467 words. The first chapter is 2599 words

Summary:

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Ships: Peter/Remus, Remus/Dorcas, Peter/OC, James/Lily, hints of Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern: just your thoughts :hug:

Current Review Request Count: 1/5

• Like 1

RonsGirlFriday

@Felpata_Lupin Of course I will :wub: Also, I'm probably going to remove my rule about no Marauders romance, not entirely sure what even provoked me to do that in the first place. 

1 spot open!

• Like 1

CambAngst

Hey! I really enjoyed your review on chapter 3. You definitely summed up where I was going with Ginny's doubts and fears, along with all the rest of the teens. I'm glad it came through. May I re-request for chapter 4?

Areas of Concern: Chapter 4 is a really heavy chapter from Ginny's viewpoint. Lots of things come out. Also, Hermione and Ron start to work out their plan for the summer. I'm really curious as to whether Ginny's reactions seem right and proportionate, as well as what you make of Harry's "plan" for the meeting with McGonagall and the Minister.

Current Review Request Count: 2/5 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

RonsGirlFriday

@CambAngst I had already reviewed chapter 4, so I did chapter 5 for you. :)

@Felpata_Lupin I'll have yours done within a couple of days!

I'm going to be closing both of my slots at this time until Rounds 1 and 2 of the review event are over, so please no review requests until I post in this thread again to announce I'm opening them back up. (To my repeat customers: never fear, I'm sure you'll find me making an appearance on your AP during the reviewing event!)