Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the Prefect Blog for the results of the Springtime Writing Event!
  • Stop by the Wizarding Universiade sub-forum to mini-game your House to HC victory!
  • The Crazies' Café is open for JulNo!
RonsGirlFriday

RonsGirlFriday's reviews

Felpata_Lupin

Hello, Melanie, my dear! :wub:

Is it okay if I come back for more? :rose:

Story and Author Name, including link: Liar by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre Angst, AU, Drama, Romance

Length: 10 chapters and 52467 words. Chapter 4 is 6315 words

Summary:

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Ships: Peter/Remus, Remus/Dorcas, Peter/OC, James/Lily, hints of Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern: just your thoughts :hug:

Current Review Request Count: 2/5

• Like 1

CambAngst

Hi, Melanie! I was wondering whether I could slip back in here for chapter 15? It has some events that I know a lot of readers find disturbing, so if you're not up for it, I understand.

Story and Author Name, including link: After Destiny [M] by CambAngst
Warnings and Advisories: Mature; Hate Speech, Consent Issues (Severe), Sexual Content, Slavery, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence 
Genre: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Length: novel; currently 230,000 words
Ships: Many; primarily Ginny/Harry and Hermione/Ron
Summary:  Children. Warriors. Heroes. Victims. Survivors.

Harry Potter and his friends struggle to move on with their lives after the Second Wizarding War.

Areas of Concern: Chapter 15 gives a glimpse into the secret Ginny has been hiding throughout the story. It's a pretty heavy scene, so I'm very interested to see your reaction to it. From there, we see Kingsley pondering the future of the Ministry and Harry's place in it. Lastly, Ginny and Hermione indulge in a bit of girl talk. As always, girl talk is not my forte, so I'm curious as to whether it works well.

Current Review Request Count: 1/5 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

RonsGirlFriday

@CambAngst Sadly, due to my job, there is very little that disturbs me anymore. :eyebrow: So I’m always happy to review heavier stuff. On a brighter note, happy to be reading on!

@Felpata_Lupin Welcome back to my thread, lovely! Come on in and have some tea while I read more Peter/Remus! :hug:

Both spots closed!

• Like 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella
Posted (edited)

I'm baaaacccckkkk :MeowParty:

Story and Author Name, including linkYellow Carnation (M)+ aka Chapter 2 of Achillea Nobilis by Noelle Zingarella
Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Slurs, Violence 
Genre:  Action/Adventure, AU, Drama, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length: novel; chapter 2 is 5364 words
Ships: Snape/OC, James/Lily, Snape/Lily, Alice/Frank, Narcissa/Lucius, Arthur/Molly
Summary:  

Sorted into Gryffindor in 1971, Severus Snape would lay down his life for Lily Evans and the other Marauders—and the War sinking its teeth into the Wizarding World seems all too happy to oblige him.

An AU featuring gryffindor!snape and slytherin!miranda

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! Especially about how I handled Tom Riddle, b/c I never thought I was going to write Hot Dad™ Tom Riddle; and how young!Sev and young!Miranda are coming off.

Current Review Request Count: 2/5 

Edited by Noelle Zingarella
typo :P

RonsGirlFriday
Posted (edited)

@Noelle Zingarella:

spacer.png

I am here for your Hot Dad Tom and everything else.

(1 spot open)

Edited by RonsGirlFriday

grumpy cat
Posted (edited)

may i slide in? :kris:

story and author name, including link: physical fatality by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: sexual content, substance abuse, slurs, domestic abuse
genre: angst, drama, romance, smut
length: chapter 5 (where i think you left off) is 2288 words
ships: oliver wood/oc
summary: 

we're just young and reckless
if we wreck this,
it's fine.

areas of concern: your thoughts 
current review request count: 2/5

:kris:

Edited by grumpy cat
  • Like 1

RonsGirlFriday
Posted (edited)

@Noelle Zingarella and @grumpy cat, your reviews are done, and between Hot Dad Tom Riddle and Sexy Oliver Wood (Now with Feelings!), I'm like:

spacer.png

(PS, @grumpy cat, I saw your comment on my Novel Nest about maybe getting back to Irrational at some point -- I am always up for swapping more chapters if you ever feel interested in doing that again; just PM me or something -- absolutely no pressure, but I just thought I'd bring it up since I think I sort of dropped the ball before!) :hug:

So, guys, my review thread is going on a little hiatus for a while as Camp NaNo is upon us, so no spots open at this time.

BUT (wait, there's more!) I'll be eager for feedback on whatever I post during April NaNo, so I will be offering review swaps during that time! Whenever I'm up for a swap on something new I'll post it in a status on HPFT and Twitter. And, of course, I'm open to multi-chapter swaps, so for my repeat customers, if there's something of yours I've been reading and you'd like to take a look at some of my already posted stuff in exchange, please feel free to PM me or something!

Edited by RonsGirlFriday

RonsGirlFriday

I think it's high time I opened this thread again! But please bear with me if it takes me a while to get to reviews. 💙

2 spots open!

sunshine_locks

hi! would you be interested in reading a coffee shop au? it's not really that much of an involved au, just one that's in a modern setting!

story and author name, including link: coffee+ by sunshine_locks
warnings and advisories: none!
genre: au, fluff, general, humor, romance
length: 7,460 words
ships: molly weasley/teddy lupin
summary: 

"His resulting smile was real and genuine, and it crinkled the edges of his eyes. Molly wasn’t expecting it. She hadn’t expected to be captivated by a boy’s bright platinum eyes, but here she was, being charmed."

Molly meets a cute boy in a coffee shop. And, well. Idiocy ensues.

areas of concern: your thoughts!
current review request count: 1/5

• Like 1

RonsGirlFriday

@sunshine_locks Yessss absolutely! (May have to update my rules about AU's -- modern AU's are pretty cool and don't exhaust my tiny brain as much as AU's that change canon events. 😅 Also, I'm working on a modern AU and have become so interested to see everyone else's!)

1 spot open!

• Like 1

Tanda

Story and Author Name, including link: Swirling Teacups of Terror (m) by StarFeather

Warnings and Advisories: sexual content, violence

Genre: crime/ mystery, dark/horror, romance
Length: 1435
Ships: Moody →Amelia Bones
Summary

It was written for The Title-tastic Challenge hosted by potionspartner.

One awesome day, Moody took Tonks into Scottish highland covered with purplish pink heather.

After completion of a hard mission, he was going to give her a nice cup of tea in the Muggle Victorian style in nature before his retirement.

Areas of Concern: For the previous reviewer, the story didn't tell anything I tried to express. After her short feedback, I added more words to make the situation around Moody clear for the readers. I think the style is influenced a little bit by the writing style of James Joyce, the streams of consciousness. Any of your thoughts will be helpful for me. Thank you in advance.

Current Request Review Count: 3/5

RonsGirlFriday

@sunshine_locks Your review is FINALLY done, omg I'm so sorry. 💙

@Tanda I'll get to yours soon, I'm so sorry about the wait. 💛

1 spot open!

Felpata_Lupin

Hey, Melanie! :wub: :hug:

I know this is a busy time (so take all the time you need... ;)) but I'd love more of your feedback, if you are up for it! :rose:

Story and Author Name, including link: Liar by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre Angst, AU, Drama, Romance

Length: 10 chapters and 52467 words. Chapter 8 is 5903 words

Summary:

We were meant to be friends, Remus. You know it, as well as I do.

Two children who grew up together. Two boys struggling on their paths towards adulthood. Two men faced with darkness too thick for them to get through.

A Peter/Remus story.

Set in the All the truth about Jimmy Portman's universe.

Ships: Peter/Remus, Remus/Dorcas, Peter/OC, James/Lily, hints of Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern: your lovely thoughts! :wub:

Current Review Request Count: 1/5

• Like 1

RonsGirlFriday

Hi Chiara! :hug:Yes absolutely, I'm excited to get back to this story!!

Both spots taken, and I will get to these soon soon soon you guys! 😅