News Ticker

The Story Beneath the Song Challenge | April 4th, 2020

sunshine_locks

The Story Beneath the Song Challenge!

Hello! I'm not really sure how this all works despite having entered many challenges, but! I've been meaning to hold a challenge for like, a year and a half now, so I decided why not bite the bullet? (Also thank you to everyone who voted on the poll, I would've have gone through with this even if I had gotten like one maybe, so eight votes split between 'yes' and 'maybe' was unexpected.)

This challenge is pretty self-explanatory, I think. What happens if you decide to enter is that I put my Soundcloud on shuffle and whatever song shows up is the song you're assigned. Your job is to write a story inspired by the song--it can directly correlate with it or be tangentially related to it. I just kind of want to see how your minds would spin a story given a certain song. There is a catch (I don't want to call it one but uhhh), however. My playlist is mostly consisting of k-pop (and within that genre, BTS). There are some miscellaneous western pop songs and a few bollywood songs thrown in there too, but these days k-pop is what I listen to mostly. I totally get it if it isn't your thing, so I only ask that you try before asking for a different song.

Accepted Fandoms: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, The Flash, Percy Jackson, Grey's Anatomy, Brooklyn Nine Nine, The Good Place, and original fiction. I'm also good for other fandoms given that I can read the story without knowing too much background.

Accepted Ratings: Anything allowed on the HPFT archives!

Deadline: April 4th, 2020

Rules:

1. No pre-written entries, and chapters of currently published pieces (if applicable) are fine. 

2. Have "For sunshine_locks' Story Beneath the Song Challenge" somewhere.

3. Must follow site guidelines. 

4. Multiple entries are allowed! 

5. Entry/entries can be combined with other challenges!

6. Multi-chaps are also fine--just have at least two chapters in the queue on or before the deadline!

7. You are allowed to ask for a different song if it just isn't working for you!

Rewards: 

- All entries will receive a review!

- Award graphics for first, third, and second place! 

- 3rd place: 2 reviews!

2nd place: 3 reviews + a picspam!

1st place: 4 reviews + a picspam + a moodboard!

Picspams and moodboards are customized to your own choosing! Also this is what my picspams look like, generally: x, x, and this is what my moodboards look like: x, x, x, x, x (they're all quite different stylistically).

• Like 1

Oooh, this sounds fun! I'll be a maybe, probably with either HP or Percy Jackson :D 

• Like 1

@Jen25 okay, this was genuinely a coincidence lmao but the song you got was interlude: shadow (video here+ (M just in case lol)).

Spoiler

entrants: 

- jen 25: interlude: shadow

Edited by sunshine_locks

I'm gonna do a maybe here. Not sure what fandom yet. ❤️

@juls hiiii thank you for joining :) your song is seesaw! lyric video here+ (M)!

Spoiler

entrants: 

- jen 25: interlude: shadow

julsseesaw

Edited by sunshine_locks
  • Like 2

I'll be honest, I'm not too sure on the song - but I'm up for trying it out. I may be back though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, juls said:

I'll be honest, I'm not too sure on the song - but I'm up for trying it out. I may be back though.

that's fine it happens! :^)

• Like 1

I'll be honest, break up stories are not my thing. Song is lovely though (I've listened to it a few times.) I'm just not getting a set of people I can write with this song. Sorry.

Can I get a new song, please? (and thank you.)

@juls hellooo here's your new song: so far away (lyric video here+ (M))

Spoiler

entrants: 

julsseesaw so far away

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i love how the songs you're listing all include my boy yoongles ;) also i am a tentative maybe? i need to write more hp fic and actually upload it so hopefully this can kick me into action

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dirigibleplums said:

i love how the songs you're listing all include my boy yoongles ;) also i am a tentative maybe? i need to write more hp fic and actually upload it so hopefully this can kick me into action

legit, i was like.... this is completely unintentional but i am also completely excited to see what would happen lmao (although, it must be said that i do have a lot of songs by yoongi on my soundcloud since i am yoongi biased lmao) 

and with that said your song also happens to be by yoongi, which is just great right lol - anyways its first love (lyric video here+ (M))

Spoiler

entrants: 

julsseesaw so far away

dirigibleplums: first love

Edited by sunshine_locks
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, CheekyTorah-Lex said:

Can I get a song please :)?

oh worm?

your song is outro: tear! lyric video here+ (M)!

On 2/16/2020 at 7:54 PM, sunshine_locks said:

entrants: 

julsseesaw so far away

dirigibleplums: first love

cheekytorah-lex: outro:tear

34 minutes ago, sunshine_locks said:

oh worm?

Huh?? 

and okay I’ll check it out! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Would I be able to get a different song this one just doesn’t seem to be doing it for me. 

@CheekyTorah-Lex okay! here's your new song and here's the lyric video+!

Spoiler

entrants: 

julsseesaw so far away

dirigibleplums: first love

cheekytorah-lex: outro:tear dimple

Edited by sunshine_locks

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 7:56 AM, ImaRavenclaw said:

Maybe? 

sure! your song is paradise! lyric video here+!

On 3/11/2020 at 7:47 PM, sunshine_locks said:

entrants: 

julsseesaw so far away

dirigibleplums: first love

cheekytorah-lex: outro:tear dimple

ImaRavenclaw: paradise

• mydearfoxy locked this topic