Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the Prefect Blog for the results of the Springtime Writing Event!
  • Stop by the Wizarding Universiade sub-forum to mini-game your House to HC victory!
  • The Crazies' Café is open for JulNo!
crowsb4bros

HPFT Discord!

crowsb4bros

We've launched the HPFT discord! If you like discord, feel free to check out the general group chat, your house group chat, and enjoy the bots! Click here+ (M) to join the fun! 

This server is considered social media under the HPFT TOS, and as such is not governed by site rules, except in extreme cases such as targeted harassment and House Cup cheating. Staff cannot see into other houses' chats so if you need staff assistance please contact us on the forums! In order to be assigned a member group and house, please post that you have joined the server right here in this thread! Have fun! :) 

We've had a few requests for general discord information so we've compiled a FAQ. 

What is a discord?

Discord is a social app that allows users to create servers and channels to create a community. It's commonly used for gaming, writing, roleplaying, and much more! You can join multiple servers! 

Can I adjust my privacy settings on discord if I don't want to interact with someone? 

Yes! Click on user settings (just your profile picture on mobile) and select Privacy & Safety. Discord allows users to block direct messages from other users that are not on their friends list (no randos) or you can block individuals by pulling up their profile, clicking the three dots next to their username and choosing the block option. The block option stops users from seeing the posts or dms or the person who has been blocked. You won't be able to see what the person you've blocked is posting. It's similar to the format of our own blocking system on HPFT. 

How can I change my name on discord?

You can change your name on discord by editing your nickname. Click the three dots in the the upper left corner next to the server nickname (HPFT Discord for ours) and select change nickname. 

I have suggestions for things like bots, channels, roles, or emojis.

Awesome! We're all ears! Send them to us either in this thread, by contacting a staff member, or by using the anon feedback system. We may not see suggestions on social media even if you tag us. 

Edited by sinnersandsapphics
  • Like 3

Lost_Robin

I have joined!

• Ravenclaw 1

RoxiMalfoy

I have joined too. This is such a neat idea, y'all!! 💚

• Slytherin 1

Guest dehlles

I am excited to hear there's a discord. I have joined as well. :D

Aphoride

Innnnn 😁

• Ravenclaw 1

Guest Noelle Zingarella

I am, in fact, on discord. *_*

RonsGirlFriday

Joined!

• Ravenclaw 2

Gryffin_Duck

Ahh, this is awesome! I love discord. I joined, but my username there is 'ArieSian'. 

• Hufflepuff 1

crowsb4bros

Hi friends! I've updated the original post to include a few faqs just in case! :) 

• Thanks 1

Simplicius

I'm on a ridiculous number of Discord servers (if I see an invite, I click it), including for sites I barely use, so I'll definitely dive straight in.

Pixileanin

I am also on Discord.  Feeling weird about this, since I'm only on Discord for Pokemon Go.

TidalDragon

Joined up.

• Like 3

Crimson Quill

• Like 2
  • Gryffindor 1

firewhiskey_ginger

Joined!

• Hufflepuff 1

1917farmgirl

I tried to join but it says my invite is invalid.  :(  What should I do?

• Sad 1

GinnyPotter242

Hiii, I joined! 

• Like 2

PinsandKneazles

I've joined!

• Like 1

beyond the rain

Finally joined!

• Like 2

Recent Badges

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.