Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the Prefect Blog for the results of the Springtime Writing Event!
  • Stop by the Wizarding Universiade sub-forum to mini-game your House to HC victory!
  • The Crazies' Café is open for JulNo!
Sign in to follow this  
abhorsen.

sorting hat chats sorting

sorting hat chats sortings  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

abhorsen.

if you don't know the sortinghatchats system, you can take the test here - basically, the premise is that everybody can be sorted on two different facets - they "why" (primary) and their "how" (secondary). despite the names, one isn't more important than the other - plenty of people identify more with their "how" house than their "why" house.

we've been talking about it on the discord a lot, so now i'm curious about where people fall. 😛 feel free to elaborate below about burning, models, performances, etc. (if you don't know what that means, the test will guide you through it if it applies to you.)

❤️ 💛 💙 💚

• Like 3
  • Ravenclaw 1

MuggleMaybe

I'd seen this system before, but I don't think I'd taken the quiz. To exactly nobody's surprise, I got Hufflepuff for both. :P  Burned secondary, though, so that's interesting!

I saw info about burning and modeling, but not performing. What is that?

• Like 3
  • Hufflepuff 1

abhorsen.
2 minutes ago, MuggleMaybe said:

I'd seen this system before, but I don't think I'd taken the quiz. To exactly nobody's surprise, I got Hufflepuff for both. :P  Burned secondary, though, so that's interesting!

I saw info about burning and modeling, but not performing. What is that?

they go into it more +here - sorry, didn't realize it wasn't on the quiz! in sum:

A performance is a toolkit. If a model is a place you can live, then a performance is a way you can act. It doesn’t feel like it’s really you, not deep down, but it can still be important to you. For people who have consistent performances, this is the layer that often interacts most directly with the world around them. It’s the part that people see the most because it’s the part most on the surface. Someone who often finds themselves a host to parties but who doesn’t do that intuitively might develop a Hufflepuff Primary Performance in order to present themselves properly as a caring, empathetic host. A Gryffindor/Gryffindor passionate about science might develop a Ravenclaw Secondary Performance to “seem” more appropriate in that social context. 

• Like 1

MalfoysAngel

So apparently I’m just burned lol 

I got burned Hufflepuff primary and burned ravenclaw secondary.

• Hufflepuff 1

dreamshadow

My sister and I took this quiz a while back, and while she got Gryffindor through and through (really not a surprise, tbh), I got Burned Hufflepuff Primary and Hufflepuff Secondary. It's really not a surprise; I've often gone back and forth between Hufflepuff and Slytherin as my primary house because I tend to prioritize my people over complete strangers (and a few other reasons). Hufflepuff is definitely where I feel most at home and it's my heart house 💛

Edited by dreamshadow
  • Hufflepuff 4

kuusi palaa

Gryffindor Primary / Gryffindor Secondary.  🦁 🦁 Any others?

We think you're a Gryffindor Primary and a Gryffindor Secondary.

Gryffindor Primaries care about their gut morality. They want to do the right thing, and they think part of that answer comes from trusting yourself. They can still be thoughtful, careful, and rational, but they have a strong belief in the value of moral compasses. Some things are just wrong, no matter how many pretty words you use.

Gryffindor Secondaries charge. They don't like to lie or misrepresent themselves.

• Gryffindor 3

Recent Badges

abhorsen.
2 minutes ago, Chemical_Pixie said:

meeee!!! (also taylor and noelle, if you wanna wade through the blog entries where we all get super meta about ourselves)

• Gryffindor 1

Crimson Quill
5 hours ago, Chemical_Pixie said:

It offered me this and gryffie with hufflepuff secondary. I decided on hufflepuff secondary instead but both seem to work for me. I don't feel hugely attached to my hufflepuff self but reading the options I felt that elements which fit me well. 

• Like 1

grumpy cat

burned slytherin primary / gryffindor secondary. :grumpycat:

it fits/checks out. i'll probably do a blog post about it at some point.

• Like 1

maraudertimes

After much self reflection (and help from Branwen), I think(?) I'm a Slytherin primary with Gryffie model, and Gryffie secondary with Slytherin model... strange

• Gryffindor 1

beyond the rain

I am a ravenclaw primary, slytherin secondary....and I may have a hufflepuff secondary model. I was torn between slytherin and hufflepuff for the longest time, until I read that slytherins and hufflepuffs can change to suit different people, but for slytherins it's just a performance. I realised...that's me....the ultimate theatre kid asdfgfsa

There was also a mention of burned hufflepuff secondary for a while - and burned gryffindor primary....let's just say I'm your friendly Hogwarts chameleon 

• Like 2

Recent Badges

sunshine_locks

i've always gotten some form of slytherin/ravenclaw. the most recent retake of the test says slytherin primary and ravenclaw secondary... which i guess i sort of see but like? 🤷‍♀️ i've gotten gryffindor and hufflepuff as well. it's annoying but like eh it's hard to fit into one house entirely.

PinsandKneazles

Gryffindor primary, Ravenclaw secondary with Slytherin model. Didn't explore the possibility of a primary model, but might go back and try it again some time.

TidalDragon
On 2/18/2020 at 11:41 PM, Chemical_Pixie said:

Yup yup. I am torn as to whether my secondary actually aligns better with Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, but I shall defer to the experts.

• Gryffindor 2

Unwritten Curse
On 2/18/2020 at 9:41 PM, Chemical_Pixie said:

Me! 🙋‍♀️

The quiz also suggested a Slytherin secondary (which is no surprise to me) but Gryffindor fits better.

• Gryffindor 2

Margaret

Ravenclaw primary and Ravenclaw secondary. Utterly and completely unsurprising.

• Ravenclaw 1

Sign in to follow this