News Ticker

What Kind Of Nano Writer Are You? (Quiz)

Ineke

Hi guys! In case you aren't on our social media, we wanted to make sure you had the chance to find out what kind of writer you are by clicking the image below or clicking here+! Tell us your results and if they were accurate! 

YA6Q2Lrw_o.png

This result couldn't be any more accurate! I'm impressed

The Theoretical Writer

Okay. So maybe word count isn't your strong suit. Maybe you spend more time coming up with story ideas than actually typing. Words are words and you're still a writer. One of these days when you do get around to writing your stories, they'll be amazing.

The Wing It Writer

Your writing philosophy falls somewhere between YOLO and let's see where the story takes us. Your writing always has good twists and turns in it that no one would ever anticipate because it came to you on the fly. Terrifying.

Terrifying indeed. It's so accurate I want to cry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Noelle Zingarella

You have your spreadsheets of names, addresses, and character descriptions ready to go! Your outlines are neatly divided into chapters, plot points, and subplot points. You're scary. I'm impressed.

This is...maybe somewhat true? Does it count as organized if I keep all these things scattered across google docs, various note books, scraps of paper, and in my head??

I'm not doing Nano this year because it's just... sigh... too much. And supposedly my crap (I joke it's actually pretty wonderful considering school is now sending us correspondence as of next week most likely. Plus I never get to 50,000 in a month. Anyways I thought that I would take the quiz anyways since I have done Nano in past years.

The Organized Writer

You have your spreadsheets of names, addresses, and character descriptions ready to go! Your outlines are neatly divided into chapters, plot points, and subplot points. You're scary. I'm impressed.

This hasn't been accurate until one of my newer novels recently. Typically I'm a Panster and proud of it! I write what I want and write what I feel, when I feel it. But I definitely want to make an effort to be more organized in the future. Apparently it helps haha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

THE ORGANIZED WRITER

Generally yes. . . maybe. . . but sometimes not.

The Wing-It Writer

Your writing philosophy falls somewhere between YOLO and let's see where the story takes us. Your writing always has good twists and turns in it that no one would ever anticipate because it came to you on the fly. Terrifying.

I know you're all shocked. This describes my life pretty well actually. I maintain that that the only people terrified by this are the schemers.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

The highs are high and the lows are low. You find the exact thing that will demolish both a character and reader and you drain us of our life force, only to build us back up to the full blown joy. We love to suffer, carry on.

That is....pretty accurate. Writing feels-based fics, emotional manipulation at its finest 😂

I got the organized writer, and I'm like?? do you know me?? ...okay, so I have lists of characters and stuff, but outlines are not a thing in this fic-household.