Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the Prefect Blog for the results of the Springtime Writing Event!
  • Stop by the Wizarding Universiade sub-forum to mini-game your House to HC victory!
  • The Crazies' Café is open for JulNo!
magemadi

Springtime Writing Event

just.a.willow.tree

@down-in-flames @MadiMalfoy I have a question about the word counts! 😅 You mentioned there's a leeway of 10% due to the strange archive WCs, but we aren't submitting to the archives, right? But should we make sure that our word counts are under 110 according to the archive anyway? Or can it just be under 110 in whichever word processor we use? (I'm really sorry if I'm way overcomplicating things!) Thank you guys! 💛

• Like 1

magemadi
3 hours ago, just.a.willow.tree said:

@down-in-flames @MadiMalfoy I have a question about the word counts! 😅 You mentioned there's a leeway of 10% due to the strange archive WCs, but we aren't submitting to the archives, right? But should we make sure that our word counts are under 110 according to the archive anyway? Or can it just be under 110 in whichever word processor we use? (I'm really sorry if I'm way overcomplicating things!) Thank you guys! 💛

Use whatever word processor you typically use! If you typically use the archives or google docs or microsoft word, it's all the same as long as it's under 110 words. :) 

• Thanks 1

potionspartner
Posted (edited)

I'm putting in my offical complaint of a drabble being defined as 100 words. I'm not sure who, in the history of writing, decided a drabble was only 100 words but it's driving me crazy. 

However, I love the idea of voting anonymously. 

Edited by potionspartner
  • Thanks 1

potionspartner

okay, maybe a stupid question, but there's no space on the form for a title. If we post it with our drabble, will it be part of the word count?

magemadi
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, potionspartner said:

okay, maybe a stupid question, but there's no space on the form for a title. If we post it with our drabble, will it be part of the word count?

We don’t need titles at all — the content members will vote on will simply be the drabbles themselves. Titles can be used later if you want to post yours to the archives after the event is over. :) 

Edited by magemadi

Guest Noelle Zingarella

@magemadi @down-in-flames Uh...I made a mistake in one of the drabbles I just submitted. May I resubmit using the google form please? If so, how should I mark it as the resubmission?

magemadi
4 minutes ago, Noelle Zingarella said:

@magemadi @down-in-flames Uh...I made a mistake in one of the drabbles I just submitted. May I resubmit using the google form please? If so, how should I mark it as the resubmission?

You may! Just type "RESUBMISSION" at the beginning of the drabble so we know. :)