News Ticker

Make maraudertimes Swoon Challenge | 1 July 2020

lostinthelightss

Challenge Name: The Make maraudertimes Swoon Challenge
Challenge Deadline: July 1st, 2020
Accepted Fandom(s): Harry Potter
Accepted Ratings: Any and all! (which means smut is allowed, provided that everything adheres to HPFT's guidelines)

Challenge Details: I really love romance. Any kind of romance, I will devour it until my heart melts and I am a puddle on the floor. Please write me a romance. Angsty, fluffy, action/adventure-y. The one thing I ask is to include a kiss. Don't make me ship a non-existent thing, I will get annoyed. This doesn't mean you have to go full on smut - if the entire story ends when these two characters finally realize they love each other and share a chaste kiss? That's romance too and I am here for it!!!!! But give me something to ship! Also, they have to end up together. I do not want to fall in love just to have my heart broken.

Rules:

• Must include a kiss
  • Must have the main ship end up together (no sad endings, I want to swoon not sob)
  • Must be of the Romance genre (obviously)
  • No prewritten entries, and they must be standalone (i.e. no chapters in existing fic, and I shouldn't have to read something else to understand)
  • Must be Status: Completed by the deadline
  • Can be combined with other challenges
  • Multiple entries are allowed
  • Must have "For the Make maraudertimes Swoon Challenge" in the story summary/notes

Rewards:

• All entries will receive a review
  • Honourable mentions - 1 extra review and a graphic
  • 3rd Place - 2 extra reviews and a graphic
  • 2nd Place - 3 extra reviews and a graphic
  • 1st Place - 5 extra reviews and a graphic

Ugh, I am not supposed to be coming up with moar plot bunnies but I love romance, why are you doing this to me? 

• Like 1

this is right up my alley and i'll probably use it as an excuse to actually write one of the many ideas floating around in my google drive so i'm in :elmofire:

• Like 1

I will be a firm maybe because I have no self control

• Like 1

in because i have a story in the works perfect for this challenge :0 

(incidentally one that included everything you wanted? lol)

Edited by sunshine_locks
  • Like 1

You know that I'm here for this Lo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

Ugh, I am not supposed to be coming up with moar plot bunnies but I love romance, why are you doing this to me? 

Because I love Romance and there's only so many times I can read Irrepressible... :P

4 hours ago, down-in-flames said:

this is right up my alley and i'll probably use it as an excuse to actually write one of the many ideas floating around in my google drive so i'm in :elmofire:

YASSSSS!!! I'm fully expecting a Jily knowing you (but I'll love anything you enter <3)

2 hours ago, clevernotbrilliant said:

I will be a firm maybe because I have no self control

WOOOOO!!!! Don't have self control!! 

37 minutes ago, sunshine_locks said:

in because i have a story in the works perfect for this challenge :0 

(incidentally one that included everything you wanted? lol)

Amazing! Incredible! Absolutely iconic (said with no sarcasm, I'm v excited to have things I want in my hands!!

33 minutes ago, ImaRavenclaw said:

You know that I'm here for this Lo.

YASSSSSS!!!!! I want so much romance!

Possible Participants

Spoiler

RonsGirlFriday
down-in-flames
clevernotbrilliant
sunshine_locks
ImaRavenclaw

Entries

Spoiler

None, it's way too early, and that's okay ❤️

Question: Does it necessarily have to start with the characters not being together, and then they get together, or can it have to do with a romantic relationship that's already been established? Just checking because of the way you stated your rules, I didn't know if you're specifically looking for, you know, the thrill of brand new romance or whatevs. :ninja:

1 minute ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

Question: Does it necessarily have to start with the characters not being together, and then they get together, or can it have to do with a romantic relationship that's already been established? Just checking because of the way you stated your rules, I didn't know if you're specifically looking for, you know, the thrill of brand new romance or whatevs. :ninja:

Fair question - I don't care how the ship is established. If you want to make it how the ship got together, if it's their wedding day, if it's a random date night 30 years after they met. It can be an angsty story about them getting through a difficult time together, a fluff piece about the birth of their first child, an action adventure piece where they end up getting married on a boat by a pirate captain during a sword fight with the undead (maybe not that one, there's probably some copyright).

The only things I want are a kiss, and that you don't break them apart by the end. :P

• Like 1

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Sooo, I'm gonna be a maybe, hoping to use this as an excuse to write a fic that's been sitting in my brain for a while 👀

• Like 1

so here's the thing, this decision is out of my hands, i have to do this, omg

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 7:30 PM, dreamshadow said:

Sooo, I'm gonna be a maybe, hoping to use this as an excuse to write a fic that's been sitting in my brain for a while 👀

WOOO!!!

17 hours ago, abhorsen. said:

so here's the thing, this decision is out of my hands, i have to do this, omg

YAY! I love accidentally making people do things!

49 minutes ago, Noelle Zingarella said:

I’ve got an idea, count me in!

YAYYYYY!! Excited!

Possible Participants

Spoiler

RonsGirlFriday
down-in-flames
clevernotbrilliant
sunshine_locks
ImaRavenclaw
dreamshadow
abhorsen.
Noelle Zingarella

Entries

Spoiler

None, it's way too early, and that's okay ❤️

• Like 1

:elmofire:

i've got an idea...and a title and a pinterest board.

• Like 1

Quick question - is a sad ending okay if the couple are together until the end but there's a canon death? Would love to write a Cedric/Oliver for this but sadly no happy endings for them 😭

9 minutes ago, mymischiefmanaged said:

Quick question - is a sad ending okay if the couple are together until the end but there's a canon death? Would love to write a Cedric/Oliver for this but sadly no happy endings for them 😭

I'm going to say no :( Swooning is hard when I get sad

8 minutes ago, maraudertimes said:

I'm going to say no :( Swooning is hard when I get sad

I thought that would probably be the case no worries! Will end the story a bit earlier. I'm in with a strong maybe ☺️

• Like 1

13 hours ago, grumpy cat said:

i've got an idea...and a title and a pinterest board.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

21 minutes ago, mymischiefmanaged said:

I thought that would probably be the case no worries! Will end the story a bit earlier. I'm in with a strong maybe ☺️

That works! I'm so excited!!

Possible Participants

Spoiler

RonsGirlFriday
down-in-flames
clevernotbrilliant
sunshine_locks
ImaRavenclaw
dreamshadow
abhorsen.
Noelle Zingarella
grumpy cat
mymischiefmanaged

@maraudertimes Came out a lil darker than I wanted but since we're allowed multiple entries I was like, whatever... Working Late+ (teen.) I hope you like it!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ImaRavenclaw said:

@maraudertimes Came out a lil darker than I wanted but since we're allowed multiple entries I was like, whatever... Working Late+ (teen.) I hope you like it!!

AMAZING! I'm very excited to read+review! ❤️

11 hours ago, sunshine_locks said:

hello! new entry: coffee+ (m) (link should hopefully work after validation)

Woooo!!!

Participants

Spoiler

RonsGirlFriday
down-in-flames
clevernotbrilliant
dreamshadow
abhorsen.
Noelle Zingarella
grumpy cat
mymischiefmanaged

Entries

Spoiler

ImaRavenclaw - Working Late (T)
sunshine_locks - Coffee (M)

What if the end game ship stays together but its also still bittersweet? I have a story idea that I can't decide is too...angst, lol. 

46 minutes ago, aurevoir said:

What if the end game ship stays together but its also still bittersweet? I have a story idea that I can't decide is too...angst, lol. 

Yup! That works! Angst is alright unless the angst comes from them no longer being together for some reason at the end of the story (breakup, death, whatever else)

so i have a question - if i had a hypothetical collection of a consecutive series of one-shots that can each stand alone, would another chapter in that be okay as an entry?

edit: but also "branwen find something new to fucking write about" is totally and completely okay! 😂

• Like 1