News Ticker

The Coming Out Challenge | 19th July 2020

Ravenclaw_scientist

It's nearly pride month and I'm obsessed with coming out fics, so this needs to be done! 🏳️‍🌈

Accepted fandoms: Harry Potter (I'm a CC stan so feel free to write that) and OF. I'm open to suggestions and will probably say yes if I have some familiarity with that fandom so please ask!

Accepted ratings: Give me anything that's accepted on HPFT. Smut is allowed as long as it's within the archive guidelines. 

Deadline: July 19th.

Challenge details: I mean coming out in its broadest possible sense. It could be the character coming out as anything on the queer spectrum, all sexualities, orientations and genders welcome! Your character could be at any stage of coming out. They can be questioning, coming out to themselves, friends, family, a random stranger. It can range from a happy, accepting reaction to angst and discrimination. The only key point is that the character is more queer at the end of the fic than the start, either to themselves or others.

If you'd like a prompt for characters, a location or objects, let me know and I'll give you a random one. You don't have to use it if you do ask for one and you don't have to ask for a prompt. 

Rules:

1. Must have for Ravenclaw_scientist's Coming Out Challenge in the description and be posted on HPFT.

2. Multiple entries allowed but no pre-posted entries.

3. Can be combined with other challenges.

4. Multiple chapters welcomed, at least two chapters must be in the queue by the deadline. I will only review one chapter but will read at least 3 (although I may get really into it and write loads of reviews, this definitely happens often).

5. Any rating or length.

6. No crossovers or AUs. I want the story to focus on the character and reactions, rather than creating the universe. 

Prizes: 

I will review all entries.

Third place: 2 additional reviews on stories of your choice, picspam based on your entry, link in my signature for a month.

Second place: 4 additional reviews on stories of your choice, picspam based on your entry, link in my signature for a month.

First place: 6 additional reviews on stories of your choice, picspam based on your entry, link in my signature for a month, PRIDE, probably my tears.

Picspams will be based on the appropriate pride flag of your character(s).

Edited by Ravenclaw_scientist
  • Like 1

Hey! Does this have to be CC compliant? If not then you can feel free to put me down as a maybe. I know that lots of people have a different definition of AU as well so maybe more insight into that? Is anything fine as long as it's not drastic and worldbuilding heavy or does it have to be fully canon. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ImaRavenclaw said:

Hey! Does this have to be CC compliant? If not then you can feel free to put me down as a maybe. I know that lots of people have a different definition of AU as well so maybe more insight into that? Is anything fine as long as it's not drastic and worldbuilding heavy or does it have to be fully canon. 

It absolutely does not have to be CC compliant! I'm not super strict about it at all and know that CC as cannon is contentious, I'm not precious about it! 

• 5 weeks later...

I think I’ve got something, I think I’m in!

• Like 1

I have an idea! I'm in!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

I think I’ve got something, I think I’m in!

Yay! Can't wait to read it!

8 hours ago, maraudertimes said:

I have an idea! I'm in!

Amazing, can't wait to read it! 

I may like to do this - may need prompts of all sorts. thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, juls said:

I may like to do this - may need prompts of all sorts. thanks!

Yay! What type of prompt would you like to start with? A character, a location or an object?

• Like 1

Character and location X2 to pick from?

On 6/16/2020 at 10:34 PM, juls said:

Character and location X2 to pick from?

Characters: Neville Longbottom

Madame Rosmerta 

Locations: Gambol and Japes

The Room of Requirement

(I used a random generator and they are very random so feel free to ask for more!)

• Like 1

They may or may not work (I'll be back if I need more inspiration!), but they've given me some ideas.

• Like 1

Lovingly place into queue - We All Have Secrets. I've also paired it with sapphicsunrise's challenge.

Thanks for the wonderful opportunity!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, juls said:

Lovingly place into queue - We All Have Secrets. I've also paired it with sapphicsunrise's challenge.

Thanks for the wonderful opportunity!

Amazing! Looking forward to reading it ☺️ 

• Like 1

imma be a maybe :ninja:

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 2:41 AM, CheekyTorah-Lex said:

Live Your Truth - CheekyTorah-Lex

here is my entry, it is not live yet but when it is this will be where you can find it :) 

Amazing! Looking forward to giving this the time and attention it deserves :)

• Like 1

Just a friendly reminder that the deadline for this is 2 weeks away! Feel free to PM me if you need an extension, I know JulNo and the house finale are taking up time right now!

Entries:

Participants/maybies:

I've got an idea but irl is a bit weird rn, so I'll be a maybe :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jen25 said:

I've got an idea but irl is a bit weird rn, so I'll be a maybe :D 

I hope you manage to make it! Let me know if you need an extension ☺️

Not yet validated, but here's the link to my entry: Clair de Lune+

• Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 7:04 AM, RonsGirlFriday said:

Not yet validated, but here's the link to my entry: Clair de Lune+

Yay! Can't wait to read it!