Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the Prefect Blog for the results of the Springtime Writing Event!
  • Stop by the Wizarding Universiade sub-forum to mini-game your House to HC victory!
  • The Crazies' Café is open for JulNo!
toomanycurls

Our Site, Our Identity

beyond the rain

This is brilliant! Just thought I'd give you a heads up, the link was broken for me when I clicked it! 

• Like 2

Recent Badges

toomanycurls

😬 The url fell victim to too many copy/pastes through my edits. It should be fixed now. ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

firewhiskey_ginger

I love this! Thank you for the announcement and for allowing us to contribute suggestions for the new name.

If you're able to say as much, do you foresee this moving away from a HP-centric forum to a more multifandom forum? You alluded to it a bit in the message above, but I'm curious how you see these changes being made, if there are plans for that yet. Would things still exist like choosing a house and having the House Cup, or sections of the forum being labeled "Quidditch Pitch," etc.?  Mostly I'm just curious as I try to think of name suggestions that would best describe the identity the forums/site are moving to :)

Thanks for all your hard work!

• Like 4

toomanycurls
7 minutes ago, firewhiskey said:

Would things still exist like choosing a house and having the House Cup, or sections of the forum being labeled "Quidditch Pitch," etc.?  Mostly I'm just curious as I try to think of name suggestions that would best describe the identity the forums/site are moving to

I don't have plans to move away from having houses or other HP-centric activities/sections of the site. We're still going to base a lot of events on Harry Potter. We're still going to have a House Cup and houses and our staff positions for as long as that's what people who spend time on this site like doing. 

• Like 5

firewhiskey_ginger

Great, thank you for the information!!

• Like 1

MuggleMaybe

just a few ideas here - i did try to keep it fic related to make it more searchable. I don't know if we care about that or not

goodshipfanfic.com

onetruearchive.com

archivefromashes.com

• Like 5

Guest Noelle Zingarella

I like the phoenix chronicle a lot @grumpy cat, altho @MuggleMaybe makes a good point about making it something that will pop up in search engines. 

MalfoysAngel

Just dropping in to submit my very shitty suggestion:

thephoenixwriters.com

phoenix-writers.com 

• Like 2

Unwritten Curse

Can we combine these ideas? Maybe the phoenix fanfic archives?

• Like 7

Guest Noelle Zingarella
  • orderofthearchive
  • archivequerencia
    • (querencia: a place from which one's strength is drawn, where one feels at home; the place where you are your most authentic self.)

These are both available according to godaddy.com

ImaRavenclaw
Posted (edited)

I've looked through all of these and @Noelle Zingarella's suggestion really stood out to me! I love orderofthearchive. But maybe it would make more sense if it were archiveoftheorder and forumoftheorder? I see it having ties to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which stays true to our roots and the logo. And, in the Harry Potter world there was always injustice. The Order and Dumbledore's Army (both in book five) were trying to fight against those injustices. Sure, we're fighting for the rights of black people and other minorities and lgbtqia+, but it's still that sense of being on the good side. Of fighting for what we stand for, and trying to have our voices heard even in the quiet ways of writing. And order also stands to reason, signifying balance and equality, which is what we want in our world. So I think that it's the perfect title!! 

4u0tYf.png

Edited by ImaRavenclaw
  • Like 1

northbound24

I feel that an order of phoenix themed name for the site would be the right route to develop our re-birth so to speak, although Harry Potter will always have an important part in our hearts. The reality is we've evolved beyond the world of the boy wizard and exploring different worlds including ones of our own creation. 

• Like 2

Unwritten Curse
11 hours ago, ImaRavenclaw said:

I've looked through all of these and @Noelle Zingarella's suggestion really stood out to me! I love orderofthearchive. But maybe it would make more sense if it were archiveoftheorder and forumoftheorder? I see it having ties to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which stays true to our roots and the logo. And, in the Harry Potter world there was always injustice. The Order and Dumbledore's Army (both in book five) were trying to fight against those injustices. Sure, we're fighting for the rights of black people and other minorities and lgbtqia+, but it's still that sense of being on the good side. Of fighting for what we stand for, and trying to have our voices heard even in the quiet ways of writing. And order also stands to reason, signifying balance and equality, which is what we want in our world. So I think that it's the perfect title!! 

4u0tYf.png

I love the meaning behind this name but I worry it’s too similar to Archive of our Own (AO3). We could do The Order Archives/Forums? It doesn’t have quite the same ring, though. And our acronym would be The OA, which is definitely a show on Netflix. 😂

• Like 2

toomanycurls

I can't comment on names I like but recommend people use this thread to come up with as many ideas as possible. 

• Like 4

Unwritten Curse

Sorry for posting a bunch! :couch:

I did more brainstorming and came up with some additional ideas as per Rose's suggestion. I'm not sold on any of them but (like Kris said) hopefully they will inspire more (better) ideas!

Phoenix-Related Suggestions:

• Writing from the Flames Archives
  • Helios Fanfiction Archives
  • Phoenix Fire/Flames
  • On Wings of Fire
  • And We Soar

Community-Related Suggestions:

• Community of Fanfic Writers
  • Fanfic(tion) for a Better World Archives
  • Fanfic(tion) Community (for All)
  • Solidarity in Fanfiction
  • Together, We Write
  • Fanfiction for All
  • Our Online (Fanfiction) Home
  • Like 5

toomanycurls

Here's a list (check back for more as people add them) of ideas that were submitted through the form

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJXaVMDD--FOxgl_7PAX_5bKBlC7ibYm21Bl7QLolTQ/edit?usp=sharing

fanficreatives 
fandomfamily
onetruearchive.com (available for $11.99!)
goodshipfanfic.com ; goodshipfandom.com ; goodshipfic.com
archivefromashes.com
Don’t change it. I like it as it is. 
ficsociety.com
FicCoven.com
wonderfic.com
fanficfam.com / fanfictionfam.com (or some variation)
fictogether.com
fanficionado.com
magnificarchive.com
restoryarchive.com
ficfromashes.com
orderofthearchive
archivequerencia
Archive of the Order
phoenixfics.com or phoenixfic.com
ficfromashes.com
outofthecupboard.com
The Blank Page Society

fanfictalk.com
fictalk.com
ficchat.com

• Like 6

RonsGirlFriday
Posted (edited)

Popping in here to say I really like the direction we're exploring keeping something involving or related to "Phoenix." I also thought it might be interesting to do something using or playing with the words "rise" or "rebel[lion/ling]." Rise is sort of related to the idea of a phoenix, as well.

• fanficrising.com (site name: FanFic Rising)
  • fanfictionrising.com (FanFiction Rising)
  • fanficrebels.com (FanFic Rebels)
  • risefanfic.com (R.I.S.E. FanFic/ R.I.S.E. Forums/ R.I.S.E Archives -- where RISE stands for something like Reinvent. Innovate [or Inspire]. [S-word? Surpass? halp] Evolve.)
  • From the Ashes also sounds like a cool site name, and the domain name could incorporate fanfic, like fanficfromtheashes.com or fromtheashesfanfic.com

I also wanted to throw out there that while our community definitely does more than fanfic, I really do like the root of this site in fanfiction. Back when I was searching for a community, I definitely wanted to find a place that would be enthusiastic and active about fanfic specifically, even though it also offers so much more.

Edited by RonsGirlFriday
  • Like 6

something wicked

i’m all for something relating to a phoenix, the symbolism is great, as is the tie to the logo, and it moves away from being too obviously connected to hp while keeping something of a connection. 

• Like 5
  • Gryffindor 1

TidalDragon

The .com version is owned by those clown-ass secondary search squatters, but my proposal is allwriterswelcome.org. It's been a trending hashtag before even and somehow the domains aren't owned.

IONOS is selling at $1 for the first year and $20/year thereafter.

• Like 4

CambAngst

Just one person's opinion. Take it for what it's worth. I like our name. Members of this community have done a great job building a brand around it over the past (checks date... Holy Crap!) 4 years. I hate the feeling that we're being driven away from it by another person's bigotry.

Rose - You put in the work and created this. You need to do what you feel is right. I'm certainly not going to tell you not to. Just wanted to let everyone know how I feel.

-Dan

• Like 2

val

Love love love phoenix (fanfic) archive! That said, I also wouldn't be opposed to keeping the name as it is: being explicitly associated to Harry Potter while standing against JKR's bigoted ideas seems like a good way to stick one to the author and reclaim the world she created.

• Like 4

facingthenorthwind

I am also a big fan of something about phoenixes to keep the logo + rebirth + a connection to HP still! I worry something like "One True Archive" could be seen as... perhaps antagonistic towards other fanfic archives?

• Like 5