News Ticker

Include More Fred and George in Fic Challenge | 3 September 2020

1917farmgirl

Challenge Name: Include More Fred and George in Fic Challenge 

Challenge Deadline: 3 September 2020

Accepted Fandom(s): Obviously, it's gonna be Harry Potter.  But if you want to throw Fred and George into another fandom as a crossover, go for it.  Please just PM me first to make sure I have at least a basic knowledge of the fandom, or have time to google it. :)

Accepted Ratings: K-T (Please nothing explicit and no smut.)

Challenge Details: Anyone who knows me knows that Fred and George are my favorite Harry Potter characters.  I love those two wacky twins.  But sadly, they usually only show up briefly in fics, and then as minor background characters (usually for comic relief.)  But I feel like they deserve the right to star in stories of their own.

So, here are the challenge rules (well, more like guidelines.)

• Fred and George should both be in the story, and feature as main characters.  Other characters are welcome, just make sure Fred and George are central.  (Telling the story from one twin's POV is fine as long as the other twin is in the story, too.)
  • One-shots or short stories are preferred.  If you enter with a longer story, I will only have time to review the first chapter now. 
  • No pre-written entries. 
  • Be creative and have fun!  The twins have so much potential beyond just laughs!  (Crossovers, time travel, romance, AU Post-Battle, master-spies, bakery-on-the-corner, Hogwarts missing scenes, angst, drama, family, humor...  You get the picture.  I just need more twins.  Extra kudos if a certain someone doesn't die...)

Rewards: I will read and review every entry.

• First place: Award graphic - probably made by me, so it won't be super great, but it will have heart.  Three additional reviews. Honorary membership in the "Include More Fred and George in Fanfic" support group (it's real, I promise.  We even have a blinkie, check out my About Me if you doubt me.)  And I will also gush about your story in my first ever blog post.
  • Second place: Award graphic - again, probably made by me.  Two additional reviews.  Honorary membership in the support group as well.

I think I got everything.  If not, I'm sure someone will point it out to me.  Anyway, good luck everyone!  I can't wait to see what kind of trouble all of you brilliant people will dream up for Fred and George!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in as a maybe. Love some Fred and George 😊

Is it okay to combine it with other challenges as long as it's not prewritten? 

Also this I'm a fan of...

On 6/22/2020 at 6:57 AM, 1917farmgirl said:

Extra kudos if a certain someone doesn't die...

• Like 1

I’m hoping I can come up with something for this! ❤️ ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mymischiefmanaged said:

I'll be in as a maybe. Love some Fred and George 😊

Is it okay to combine it with other challenges as long as it's not prewritten? 

Awesome! And I'm okay with that, as long as it fits the challenge and stays in the rating requests. :)

Three maybes! Welcome everyone!

Edited by 1917farmgirl
  • Like 3

hi i am so in mostly because i've had a Fred/Hermione fic floating around in my head for ages so maybe this will give me the much needed kick to write it! (heavily featuring George's antics too, of course)

• 3 weeks later...

Oooh, I'm in. I have a prequel to my one singular one-shot in mind.

Is humour/family/silly/pre-hogwarts twins okay?  😍

Ahem, so I started and finished it on Friday and I've never entered a challenge before so I don't know if this is correct challenge entering etiquette or if I've done it all too quickly, however...

Here, my first piece of writing in a decade! It went into the queue on Friday too, so with any luck it should make an appearance soon!

Pinch

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

boop just posting to say I will definitely have an entry for you....that is a combination with the ABC drabbles challenge but in totally the drabble collection should be ~4k between the 26 drabbles, if that's okay 😅

great, I've got my entry for you then! 😂 :elmofire:

Outrageous Wit+

• grumpy cat locked this topic