News Ticker

The Crackship Challenge | August 31st, 2020

magemadi

The Crackship Challenge

Hello and welcome to the challenge that got its start from the HPWriterBot on the HPFT discord! The HPWriterBot has a command where you can have it give you a crackship, and I just found some of those it spat out to be either hilarious, intriguing, or downright difficult to write about. 

A crackship is a pairing that would not typically happen in canon or for timeline reasons wouldn’t even be possible. This is also what makes it so fun to read about and to write! Therefore, I am challenging all of YOU to come up with a fic that centers around a randomly generated crackship from the Harry Potter canon character list. 

The fic doesn’t have to be particularly romantic, but it does have to focus mostly on the crackship. 

Here’s how it’s going to work:
I will give participants TWO (2) randomly generated crackships and they are allowed ONE (1) re-roll to get TWO (2) MORE crackships, for a total of FOUR (4) crackships to choose from. 

Accepted Fandoms: Harry Potter

Accepted Ratings: Anything allowed on the HPFT archives

Deadline: August 31st, 2020

Rules:

1. Must have “For magemadi’s Crackship Challenge” in either the story or chapter summary.
  2. No pre-written stories, but new chapters of currently published pieces are fine
  3. Must follow site guidelines and TOS and be posted on the HPFT archives
  4. Multi-chaptered fics are allowed -- minimum 2 chapters posted/in queue by deadline
  5. Multiple entries are allowed
  6. Can be combined with other challenges

Rewards: 

• All entries will receive a review!
  • Award graphics for first, second, and third place
  • Third Place - 2 reviews on a story(ies) of your choice; link in my signature for 3 months
  • Second Place - 3 reviews on a story(ies) of your choice; WJ questions; link in my signature for 3 months
  • First Place - 4 reviews on a story(ies) of your choice; WJ questions; picspam relating to your entry; link in my signature for 3 months

I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with! :) 

I should not be entering more challenges because I have a million reviews to get done for people but I'll definitely be a maybe!

• Like 1

I'm gonna give this a try. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sinnersandsapphics said:

:elmofire:

Sam! Your two crackships are Pomona Sprout/Rabastan Lestrange and James Potter I/Ron Weasley

7 hours ago, beyond the rain said:

I'm in!

Woohoo! Your first two crackships are Penelope Clearwater/Poliakoff (Durmstrang student) and Bartemius Crouch Jr./Molly Weasley I

7 hours ago, magnifique said:

ahhhhh I want to try!! 👀

Yay!! Your two crackships are Fleamont Potter/Vicky Frobisher and Alecto Carrow/Terry Boot

59 minutes ago, ImaRavenclaw said:

I should not be entering more challenges because I have a million reviews to get done for people but I'll definitely be a maybe!

Shhh it's fine :P Your two crackships are Charlie Weasley/Helga Hufflepuff and Cadmus Peverell/Fred Weasley II

22 minutes ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

I'm gonna give this a try. :)

Yeet! Your crackships are Parvati Patil/Rosmerta and Euphemia Potter/Rose Granger-Weasley

I will be putting everyone down as a participant just for ease :) 

Participants

Spoiler

sinnersandsapphics

beyond the rain

magnifique

ImaRavenclaw

RonsGirlFriday

• Haha 2

Ok, question -- when you say we get one re-roll to get 2 more ships, for a total of 4 to choose from, does that mean if we re-roll, after getting the 2 new ships, we can still ultimately choose one of our two original options?

1 minute ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

Ok, question -- when you say we get one re-roll to get 2 more ships, for a total of 4 to choose from, does that mean if we re-roll, after getting the 2 new ships, we can still ultimately choose one of our two original options?

Absolutely! I figure some of these will be pretty wild, so I want people to feel like they have options :) 

Sweet! In that case, hit me with a re-roll. ^_^ 

• Like 1

^I am also v intrigued, can I have a re roll too?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RonsGirlFriday said:

Sweet! In that case, hit me with a re-roll. ^_^ 

okie dokie! Your two final ships to choose from are: Gwenog Jones/Newt Scamander and Lee Jordan/Pius Thicknesse

10 hours ago, sinnersandsapphics said:

I am too curious not to ask for a reroll

fair :P your two final ships to choose from are: Ernie Prang (Knight Bus Driver)/Tom Riddle Sr. and Apolline Delacour/Pomona Sprout

1 hour ago, beyond the rain said:

^I am also v intrigued, can I have a re roll too?

of course! your two final ships to choose from are: Luna Lovegood/Vernon Dursley and Godric Gryffindor/(Moaning) Myrtle Warren

1 hour ago, magnifique said:

^ditto with them though I do have a Vicky/Fleamont idea 👀😂

ooh well I am still curious to see if you end up using Vicky/Fleamont! Your two final ships to choose from are: Ellie Cattermole/Goyle Sr. and Apolline Delacour/Dorcas Meadowes

54 minutes ago, mymischiefmanaged said:

Could I be in as a maybe please? 

Sure thing! Your two crackships are: Florean Fortescue/Ignotus Peverell and George Weasley/ Mrs. Granger (Hermione's mother). Feel free to ask for a re-roll!

**Also, I should mention that no underage student/teacher setups please -- everyone must be a consenting adult (or both consenting teenagers, where applicable) to the relationship!**

Participants

Spoiler

@sinnersandsapphics - Pomona Sprout/Rabastan Lestrange or James Potter I/Ron Weasley or Ernie Prang (Knight Bus Driver)/Tom Riddle Sr. or Apolline Delacour/Pomona Sprout - no re-rolls left

@beyond the rain - Penelope Clearwater/Poliakoff (Durmstrang student) or Bartemius Crouch Jr./Molly Weasley I or Luna Lovegood/Vernon Dursley or Godric Gryffindor/(Moaning) Myrtle Warren - no re-rolls left

@magnifique - Fleamont Potter/Vicky Frobisher or Alecto Carrow/Terry Boot or Ellie Cattermole/Goyle Sr. or Apolline Delacour/Dorcas Meadowes - no re-rolls left

@ImaRavenclaw - Charlie Weasley/Helga Hufflepuff or Cadmus Peverell/Fred Weasley II - 1 re-roll left

@RonsGirlFriday - Parvati Patil/Rosmerta or Euphemia Potter/Rose Granger-Weasley or Gwenog Jones/Newt Scamander or Lee Jordan/Pius Thicknesse - no re-rolls left

@mymischiefmanaged - Florean Fortescue/Ignotus Peverell or George Weasley/Mrs. Granger - 1 re-roll left

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, magemadi said:

George Weasley/ Mrs. Granger (Hermione's mother)

@mymischiefmanaged I'm not saying it, but I'm saying it:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Raspberry_cordelia said:

Hmm...I'll be a maybe.  May you hit me with some crackships please?

Sure thing! Your two ships are: Augusta Longbottom/Remus Lupin and Mr. Granger (Hermione's dad)/Nicolas Flamel. You have one re-roll left!

Participants

Spoiler

@sinnersandsapphics - Pomona Sprout/Rabastan Lestrange or James Potter I/Ron Weasley or Ernie Prang (Knight Bus Driver)/Tom Riddle Sr. or Apolline Delacour/Pomona Sprout - no re-rolls left

@beyond the rain - Penelope Clearwater/Poliakoff (Durmstrang student) or Bartemius Crouch Jr./Molly Weasley I or Luna Lovegood/Vernon Dursley or Godric Gryffindor/(Moaning) Myrtle Warren - no re-rolls left

@magnifique - Fleamont Potter/Vicky Frobisher or Alecto Carrow/Terry Boot or Ellie Cattermole/Goyle Sr. or Apolline Delacour/Dorcas Meadowes - no re-rolls left

@ImaRavenclaw - Charlie Weasley/Helga Hufflepuff or Cadmus Peverell/Fred Weasley II - 1 re-roll left

@RonsGirlFriday - Parvati Patil/Rosmerta or Euphemia Potter/Rose Granger-Weasley or Gwenog Jones/Newt Scamander or Lee Jordan/Pius Thicknesse - no re-rolls left

@mymischiefmanaged - Florean Fortescue/Ignotus Peverell or George Weasley/Mrs. Granger - 1 re-roll left

@Raspberry_cordelia - Augusta Longbottom/Remus Lupin and Mr. Granger/Nicolas Flamel - 1 re-roll left

• Thanks 1

I am far too curious; if it isn't too much trouble, may I have the re-roll?

• Like 1

Just now, Raspberry_cordelia said:

I am far too curious; if it isn't too much trouble, may I have the re-roll?

absolutely no trouble! Your other two ships to choose from are: Kendra Dumbledore/Molly Weasley II and Remus Lupin/Walden Macnair

Participants

Spoiler

@Raspberry_cordelia - Augusta Longbottom/Remus Lupin and Mr. Granger/Nicolas Flamel or Kendra Dumbledore/Molly Weasley II or Remus Lupin/Walden Macnair - no re-rolls left

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pixileanin said:

Hit me up. 

Great! Your first two ships are: Nearly Headless Nick/Romilda Vane (he can be alive if you so choose, he doesn't have to be a ghost) and Peter Pettigrew/Lucy Weasley. You have one re-roll for two new ships, and you can choose between all four!

Participants

Spoiler

@sinnersandsapphics - Pomona Sprout/Rabastan Lestrange or James Potter I/Ron Weasley or Ernie Prang (Knight Bus Driver)/Tom Riddle Sr. or Apolline Delacour/Pomona Sprout - no re-rolls left

@beyond the rain - Penelope Clearwater/Poliakoff (Durmstrang student) or Bartemius Crouch Jr./Molly Weasley I or Luna Lovegood/Vernon Dursley or Godric Gryffindor/(Moaning) Myrtle Warren - no re-rolls left

@magnifique - Fleamont Potter/Vicky Frobisher or Alecto Carrow/Terry Boot or Ellie Cattermole/Goyle Sr. or Apolline Delacour/Dorcas Meadowes - no re-rolls left

@ImaRavenclaw - Charlie Weasley/Helga Hufflepuff or Cadmus Peverell/Fred Weasley II - 1 re-roll left

@mymischiefmanaged - Florean Fortescue/Ignotus Peverell or George Weasley/Mrs. Granger - 1 re-roll left

@Raspberry_cordelia - Augusta Longbottom/Remus Lupin and Mr. Granger/Nicolas Flamel or Kendra Dumbledore/Molly Weasley II or Remus Lupin/Walden Macnair - no re-rolls left

@Pixileanin - Nearly Headless Nick/Romilda Vane or Peter Pettigrew/Lucy Weasley - 1 re-roll left

Yessss I'm in, hit me

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:57 PM, facingthenorthwind said:

Yessss I'm in, hit me

heck yeah! your two crackships are: James Potter I/Justin Finch-Fletchley and Alfred Cattermole/Hannah Abbott. 

Participants

Spoiler

@sinnersandsapphics - Pomona Sprout/Rabastan Lestrange or James Potter I/Ron Weasley or Ernie Prang (Knight Bus Driver)/Tom Riddle Sr. or Apolline Delacour/Pomona Sprout - no re-rolls left

@beyond the rain - Penelope Clearwater/Poliakoff (Durmstrang student) or Bartemius Crouch Jr./Molly Weasley I or Luna Lovegood/Vernon Dursley or Godric Gryffindor/(Moaning) Myrtle Warren - no re-rolls left

@magnifique - Fleamont Potter/Vicky Frobisher or Alecto Carrow/Terry Boot or Ellie Cattermole/Goyle Sr. or Apolline Delacour/Dorcas Meadowes - no re-rolls left

@ImaRavenclaw - Charlie Weasley/Helga Hufflepuff or Cadmus Peverell/Fred Weasley II - 1 re-roll left

@mymischiefmanaged - Florean Fortescue/Ignotus Peverell or George Weasley/Mrs. Granger - 1 re-roll left

@Raspberry_cordelia - Augusta Longbottom/Remus Lupin and Mr. Granger/Nicolas Flamel or Kendra Dumbledore/Molly Weasley II or Remus Lupin/Walden Macnair - no re-rolls left

@Pixileanin - Nearly Headless Nick/Romilda Vane or Peter Pettigrew/Lucy Weasley - 1 re-roll left

@facingthenorthwind - James Potter I/Justin Finch-Fletchley or Alfred Cattermole/Hannah Abbott - 1 re-roll left