Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the Prefect Blog for the results of the Springtime Writing Event!
  • Stop by the Wizarding Universiade sub-forum to mini-game your House to HC victory!
  • The Crazies' Café is open for JulNo!
magemadi

Various by magemadi

magemadi

magemadi's Chaos of Camp NaNoWriMo: July 2020 Edition

please ignore I am posting this three days in I was driving halfway across the US the first two days of July, okay??

spacer.png

Welcome to another round of NaNoWriMo with Madi where she absolutely has too many projects on her plate and yet still hits her goal by writing OTHER projects than what she plans to do! At any rate, I've got a few things that need to be completed this month (aka a couple of challenge entries) and some things I just want to get updated again after a few months!

spacer.png

(I brought this on myself and I did in fact have a choice)

My goals and projects for this month:

Word Count Goal: 20,000 words

spacer.png

Projects:

1. Trapped Together Challenge Entry - I had something started with this but need to rework it a bit but it will be done before the extended deadline!!

Word Count Goal: 3-5k words

spacer.png

2. Underrated Character Challenge Entry - I have nothing written for this yet, but it's not due until the end of the month so I have some time :P 

Word Count Goal: 2-3k words

spacer.png

3. Friendly Correspondence Chapters 3 & 4 - I need to finish writing the last two seasons of this fic, aka Winter & Spring! 

Word Count Goal: 6-8k words

spacer.png

4. It Only Takes a Taste Waitress fic - I've got the next chapter about 1/3 written that's just been sitting like that basically since March, so I really want to get that updated again!

Word Count Goal: 3-4k words

spacer.png

With that, let's get to it! 

spacer.png

Any and all questions about my writing and/or motivational posts are extremely welcome! :) 

• Like 3

starlitcastles

Hey Madi!

First off, as always, I love your use of colors in the text depicting that of your stories and most definitely the Avatar: The Last Airbender gifs to express your nest which is pretty cool take hahaha! xD I also do hope that you'll be able to complete all of the projects listed especially the ones that are parts of challenges that are due at the end of this month and or within a few months!  I'm really curious about the  Trapped Together challenge entry,  Underrated Character challenge entry, and Friendly Correspondence as far as your work goes even though many of them sound great to be honest!  I don't have any questions at the moment so  I'll just be sending you good luck, best wishes, and barrels of motivation and encouragement your way! I also hope you'll reach your word count goals!  You can do it! You got this! :D 

• Like 1

Ravenclaw_scientist
On 7/4/2020 at 12:21 AM, magemadi said:

4. It Only Takes a Taste Waitress fic - I've got the next chapter about 1/3 written that's just been sitting like that basically since March, so I really want to get that updated again!

Hey Madi!

I hope you're enjoying Nano so far! I love the aesthetic you have going here. I have a few questions:

1. You seem to be juggling lot of projects, how do you get organised?

2. I'm so excited to see you're writing a Waitress fic! What inspired you to pic this universe? 

Maia :)

• Like 1

Recent Badges

magemadi
On 7/5/2020 at 12:41 PM, starlitcastles said:

Hey Madi!

First off, as always, I love your use of colors in the text depicting that of your stories and most definitely the Avatar: The Last Airbender gifs to express your nest which is pretty cool take hahaha! xD I also do hope that you'll be able to complete all of the projects listed especially the ones that are parts of challenges that are due at the end of this month and or within a few months!  I'm really curious about the  Trapped Together challenge entry,  Underrated Character challenge entry, and Friendly Correspondence as far as your work goes even though many of them sound great to be honest!  I don't have any questions at the moment so  I'll just be sending you good luck, best wishes, and barrels of motivation and encouragement your way! I also hope you'll reach your word count goals!  You can do it! You got this! :D 

Ah hiya Anni! I love whenever you stop by in my novel nests/writer's journal threads, you're always such a light and joy! 💛 I'm actually done now with my Trapped Together challenge entry, which is great! It is significantly shorter than I thought it would be, but :shrugs:  It ended up being just under 3.4k words, so I'm going to have to adjust my other goals accordingly it seems 😅

Thank you for the lovely support and motivation!! :hug:

On 7/8/2020 at 11:18 AM, Ravenclaw_scientist said:

Hey Madi!

I hope you're enjoying Nano so far! I love the aesthetic you have going here. I have a few questions:

1. You seem to be juggling lot of projects, how do you get organised?

2. I'm so excited to see you're writing a Waitress fic! What inspired you to pic this universe? 

Maia :)

Maia, these are such great questions, thank you so much for asking them! 💙

1. I use a color-coded & formula'd spreadsheet (originally courtesy of @down-in-flames, tysm lovely!) that lets me keep track of everything I've written in a given day, especially if I work on a couple of different things in one day! This JulNo, I also have deadlines to meet for a couple of those projects, so those generally will come first before my other, non-deadlined projects. :) 

2. So I decided to give the soundtrack a listen back in like October or something (RIP, what is time?) and fell in love, then saw a bootleg and fell in love with the show MORE, and here we are. It's kind of a fix-it fic, but also kind of not? Mostly it's just my thoughts about a potential post-show life for Jenna, Lulu, and Dr. Pomatter and the rest of the crew. The music really does help move the mood/tone of the show along (some shows could use some help in this department, tbh) so I really just wanted to see if I could capture even a tiny bit of that essence in this fic. 🥧 

And now, for an update on Day 9! 

1. Trapped Together Challenge Entry - COMPLETED - 3,387 words! 

Total JulNo Word Count So Far: 3518 words 

Next up:

2. Underrated Character Challenge Entry - fic will be about Rabastan Lestrange (probably) so that's a new character for me to write completely, which should be fun and....challenging (i'm sorry)

magemadi
17 hours ago, magemadi said:

fic will be about Rabastan Lestrange (probably) so that's a new character for me to write completely, which should be fun and....challenging (i'm sorry)

lol rip its been so long since i looked at the document that i didn't even remember the appropriate character 😂 

I'm going to try my hand at writing RODOLPHUS Lestrange, so if anyone has headcanons etc. about him, I will happily take them!

magemadi

whoops hi friends it's obviously been a hot minute since i posted in here, but listen, the house cup finale just took up a lot of time and effort and i also wrote like 20 thousand words of reviews during the broom surfing event, so it's fine. :cartwheelbanana:

At any rate, I'm about 1600 words into my underrated character challenge entry and it's going well so far; i just need to go back and make the beginning a bit darker to more properly fit rodolphus's dark leanings as an adult that he, er, fully leans into. 

I also wrote 7 drabbles during the finale -- they're based around the seven deadly sins and are all about/from the POV of characters from The Witcher series so check it out here+

Otherwise, my current word count is 14.4k, which puts me ahead by about 100 words for today so I gotta stay on track!!

• Like 2

magemadi
Posted (edited)

Whoa hey it's an update time! 

2. Underrated Character Challenge Entry - COMPLETED - 4362 words later! It's currently in the HPFT queue, but can also be found on AO3+ currently. 

JulNo word count: 17393

Next up: 3. Friendly Correspondence Chapters 3 & 4 

Edited by magemadi
  • Like 1

magemadi

YA GIRL DID IT! 

:elmofire:

FINAL WORD COUNT: 20,046 WORDS

Also, I finished chapter 3 of Friendly Correspondence, so that's now in the queue after a very long time of not updating it! 

Overall, I think this was a pretty succesful NaNo, and I think my total word count if I included the reviews I wrote at full counts, it would be closer to 40k of words written, which is insane because I haven't gotten anywhere near that since NaNo of 2014 or 2015! 😱 

I'm really really happy with everything I got done this month, so let's just hope I can keep the productivity going next month!

• Like 2