Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the Prefect Blog for the results of the Springtime Writing Event!
  • Stop by the Wizarding Universiade sub-forum to mini-game your House to HC victory!
  • The Crazies' Café is open for JulNo!
abhorsen.

July '20 Bulletin

just.a.willow.tree

THE GREENS IN THOSE HEADERS. 😍 I love the graphics so much!

@dreamshadow JILLLLL WELCOME TO THE TEAMMM.

Congratulations to the Head Students!!! You both deserve it so much -- you've been incredible this finale! 🥰 I also really love Witch Slap, so I am immensely delighted that it won sitewide Story of the Month! It's so perfectly funny and witty! ❤️ And a huge congratulations to all the other recipients of the Order of Merlin (and thank you so much eep); all of you have been amazing in the queue. 💛

Happy happy birthday, July babies! 🥰

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

something wicked
Posted (edited)

there’s so much!! @dreamshadow you’ll be amazing on staff 💛 head students and order of merlins are all so well deserved! @shadowycorner eli you’ve been insane since joining, congratulations! 🥰 story of the month and all the featured stories are incredible and everyone should go read them (i’m coming back for the rest of witch slap i love it so much). 
and branwen as always the bulletin is STUNNING 🖤🖤

Edited by something wicked
  • Like 9

dreamshadow

another stunning bulletin with fantastic graphics, branwen! 

thank you for inviting me back on staff, so excited to work with you guys!! ❤️ 

congrats to our head students, @Ravenclaw_scientist and @shadowycorner, very much well deserved!! and to our amazing team of validators, including those who wear multiple hats, thanks for all that you do. you're all fantastic.

and a big shoutout to everyone who was featured this month as well.

happy birthday to all the july babies! ^_^

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

sinnersandsapphics
Posted (edited)

Congratulations Maia and Eli! You have both been absolutely killing it, and it's really great having you be part of the community

:bowdown:@ validators The way you've been dominating the queue at the same time as the House Cup (especially given all the new stories posted for it) is truly impressive

Welcome, Jill! If I haven't said enough times, I'm excited to have you on board :hug:

👀 idk if this was deliberate or just my brain thinking house cup all the time, but those headers represent all the house colors in a way that makes me very happy :hotwartscrest:

Edited by sinnersandsapphics
  • Like 8

shadowycorner

:wub: Thanks everyone so much, it's such an honor! I'm so grateful and happy to be a part of HPFT and be able to enjoy the House Cup too.

Congrats to everyone, to Maia and Jill, and also the July Story of the Month :)

I'm so in awe of all this site does. Besides boosting creativity and being very fun and inclusive, it also isn't afraid to tackle serious issues and offers its members a safe space to talk and exchange life experiences which is remarkable.

Oh and VALIDATORS....the speed with which you have been knocking out all those stories during sandcastles was unbelievable! Thank you for all your hard work ❤️

• Like 8

Recent Badges

magemadi

*sigh* I am always just so pleased at how beautiful the graphics aesthetic is, @abhorsen.!! 😍

Welcome to the staff team, @dreamshadow, you're going to be great!! 💛

Congratulations on making Head Student, @Ravenclaw_scientist and @shadowycorner, very well deserved! :yay: 

To our lovely aurors @just.a.willow.tree @maraudertimes @crowsb4bros @Ineke @abhorsen. @toomanycurls, y'all are phenomenal and thank you for putting up with all of the antics of this site's authors all of the time! ❤️ 

Congrats on achieving Story of the Month, @tatapb!! :D 

And finally, happy birthday to all of our July babies!! :MeowParty:

• Like 7

Ravenclaw_scientist

Oh my gawd guys, if I were white I'd be blushing! 

Thank you validators, staff and prefects for all you do to keep this community amazing. You've done such a stunning job at handling this difficult past month in the fandom is absolute grace.

Those graphics are stunning @abhorsen. :D

Thank you to everyone for the open conversations and for encouraging creativity in all its forms. You rock! 

Congrats to my fellow head student @shadowycorner

I will end with the 'Claw victory call:

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Ravenclaw 1

Recent Badges

abhorsen.

We had someone reach out asking why Noelle Zingarella's leaving the prefect team wasn't mentioned in staff changes. We don't typically get mid-month stepdowns, so it had slipped our minds by the time we started putting the bulletin together - thank you so much for pointing out the oversight! We've edited the announcement in. ^_^

• Like 2

starlitcastles

Sorry this is super late in the month but it's still July and there's still time left so going to comment on this Bulletin since I missed June's! ;w;  As always,  the graphics always look amazing. Loving the color scheme and how bright and summery vibes that it gives off as well. Thank you @abhorsen.  😄

First off, congratulations to Jill for being onboard as a Staff member again and so excited to have you onboard!  Ahhh sorry to hear Noelle had to step down but thank you for all your hardwork, time, and effort on this site. ;w; 

Site wise, haven't been able to partake in the House Cup finale as I would like to have but the activities did seem from the things I seen here and there.  Also  to those of you who are  or have been partaking in this month's Camp NanoWriMo, I hope that all is going well with your writing and still wishing you all the best of luck!  Sorry if I haven't had been able to leave anything in your Nests but I have read them all and am so fascinated and intrigued by all the creative ideas and stories that you guys are working on! With a few days left just going to say this: You guys can do it! You got this! ;w;  

As for the identity, culture, and race thread since I've been reading it and or have considered posting there one day,  do want to say massive thanks to Kris (@grumpy cat) for making the thread since I enjoy seeing people sharing their personal stories and experiences. It's also great that we can come together as a community from all walks of life as well and be able to not only listen but also learn while reading about them as well if that makes sense. ;w;  💛  

Congratulations to @Ravenclaw_scientist and @shadowycorner for being the Head Students of the month! You guys deserve it! :D  Congratulations to @tatapb for also having your story: Witch Slap be featured as well!

As for Order of The Merlin,  sending many congratulations to  @just.a.willow.tree,   @maraudertimes,  @crowsb4bros,  @toomanycurls), and  again,  @abhorsen. for all the time and effort that you guys put into the archives in general! I may not have submitted mine yet but knowing you guys have done so for others who submit it and how much time it takes to validate and get it onto the archives is still amazing and wonderful!  Thank you all for your hardwork, time, and dedication! :) 

Many congratulations also to those whose stories were featured this month as well! Also happy birthday to everybody who's birthday is during this month! I hope you have a fantastical, wonderful, amazing, great, and happy birthday! :D 

Thank you always to the Bulletin staff for this month's (and the previous' months) bulletin and all your hardwork that you do! I hope the rest of this month has been going well for you as well! Take care and stay safe! ❤️ 

• Like 6