News Ticker

Challenge Hall of Fame

abhorsen.

Challenge Name: The Amnesia Experiment

Challenge Creator: WindingArrow

Short Challenge Description: Participants set out to make the host cry for days. Write a story where one or more characters lose their memories.

Fandom(s) Included: Many were included, only Harry Potter was used.

Challenge Entries:

Gods Without Grace by dirigibleplums (M)

Remember by lovegood27 (M)

Erasure by AbraxanUnicorn (M)

Your Warmth by StarFeather (T)

Fix You by TidalDragon (A)

Thank you everyone! I am officially out of tissues!

Challenge Winners

First place:

bOo31Hz.png

Erasure by AbraxanUnicorn (M)

Second place:

EsH0F3c.png

Fix You by TidalDragon

Third place:

UDtDP8C.png

Gods Without Grace by dirigibleplums (M)

edit by staff: fixed links :)

• 2 weeks later...

Challenge Name: The Muggle Studies Challenge

Challenge Creator: Dirtydeedsdonedirtcheap

Short Challenge Description: Write a story about a pureblood learning about a muggle object.

Challenge Winners:

3rd Place with 2 reviews + favorite story <a href="https://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=338286">Letters, Vacuums and Shepherd's Pie (15+) </a> by lovegood27

2nd Place with 4 reviews + favorite author/story:<a href="http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=1257&chapter=1">Never Too Old (A)</a> by Melian

1st Place with 6 reviews + favorite author + favorite story + recommendation thread: <a href="https://harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?chapterid=527718">Gilderoy Lockhart: A Snippet of My Fabulous Life (15+)</a> by hedwig1751

Congrats to the winners! Thank you to everyone that participated in my silly challenge. Please PM me with the stories you would like me to review! I will try to get everything done ASAP but my next day off from work won't be for another three weeks.  :o

Challenge Name: The Leaving Cert. English Essay Challenge.

Challenge Creator: Margaret

Short Challenge Description: Write a story using a short story prompt from the English Leaving Cert. exam in a year you choose.

Fandom(s) Included: Harry Potter, Original Fiction.

Challenge Winners

First place: "The Worst Part of Moving"

The Worst Part of Moving (Teen Audiences) by WindingArrow/NotWithoutMyFanfic

Second place: "Picking Flowers" Picking Flowers (M) by lovegood27

Edit by Staff:  Fixed Broken Links

Challenge Name: The Historical Head Canons Challenge

Challenge Creator: nott theodore

Short Challenge Description: Write a story which incorporates history into the wizarding world.

Fandom(s) Included: Harry Potter

Challenge Entries:

Marysia (T) by Vilja

The Interventionist Society (M) by sapphicsunrise

Regent's theatre (T) by melian

A Prayer, chapter 2 (M) by StarFeather

silence. death. (M) by poppunkpadfoot

All of the entries that I received for this challenge were original and really enjoyable reads.  Thank you very much to everyone who entered!  And so, without further ado...

Challenge Winners

Third place goes to The Interventionist Society (M) by sapphicsunrise

Second place goes to Regent's theatre (T) by melian

First place goes to silence. death. (M) by poppunkpadfoot

This was an incredibly difficult challenge to judge, but these stories - particularly the winner - just blew me away and I really recommend that everyone reads them.  Winners, please contact me for your reviews!

Challenge Name: The Some Chicks Marry Chicks Challenge

Challenge Creator: FireOpal

Short Challenge Description: Write a wedding themed story that features a femslash pairing!

Fandom(s) Included: Harry Potter (others were welcome, but not entered)

Challenge Entries:

Three Weddings (M) by pookha

No Longer Mine (T) by lovegood27

Ours (A) by ShazaLupin

The Beginning of Forever (T) by nott Theodore

The girl whose name means happiness (T) by Rhaenyra

Pro Libertate (A) by TidalDragon

Challenge Winners

This was the first ever challenge I hosted, and I had no idea it would be so hard to choose a winner! All the stories were great, and went in such different and interesting directions with the wedding theme!

Prize graphics are made by my boyfriend, who doesn’t want to be credited in any particular way, but if you want to keep yours, please save and rehost!

3rd place goes to The Beginning of Forever (T) by nott Theodore!

fzIqERi.png

Congratulations! Please let me know what stories you want your 3 prize reviews on! : D

2nd place goes to Pro Libertate (A) by TidalDragon

fKYwGJ3.png

Congratulations! Please let me know what stories you want your 4 prize reviews on! : D

1st place goes to The girl whose name means happiness (T) by Rhaenyra

dC6hUEK.png

Congratulations! Please let me know what stories you want your 5 prize reviews on! : D

And finally, a Honourable Mention for Three Weddings (M) by pookha!

5MPCKNt.png

Congratulations! Please let me know what story you want your prize review on! : D

Yay!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Challenge Name: The Very Christmassy Love Challenge

Deadline: December 25th

Challenge Creator: ImaRavenclaw (username)

Short Challenge Description: Write a story that features love and Christmas in some way.

Challenge Winners:

Third place is awarded to... Drumroll please.

3. The Unexpected Gift by LunaStellaCat

(mature+)

This story was written so well that it made me feel like I was reading an actual novel. Though this story isn’t the happiest Christmas one, is definitely comes through on the love side, and LunaStellaCat does an amazing job wielding her story.

2nd place is awarded to...

2. Best Christmas Ever by Rhaenyra (

15+)

Rhaenyra does a wonderful job showing the love between Lily and Elia. Her writing is fun and exciting to read, and she had great ideas on how to show Lily and Elia incorporating each other’s Christmas traditions.

Congratulations!

And first place is awarded to...

1. Half and Hour of Mentionitis by Beeezie (Abhorsen) (

mature+)

Branwen writes with such power, and this story of love between friends is as interesting as it is perplexing. Teddy’s feelings toward Victoire are the topic of interest among the group of friends, and Branwen does an awesome job of showcasing friends discussing their love life, and sprinkling it with just the right does of Christmas. She’s done an excellent job of portraying the theme I had in mind!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tanda

Challenge Name: Auror’s Tale Story Challenge Season 3

Challenge Creator:  (username) StarFeather

Short Challenge Description: 1. Auror’s Tale from the Fantastic World (Involving Newt Scamander)

2. Unleash Your Marauder’s Era Story

3. Auror’s Tale from HP AU World (Claim your pairing/ Romance centric world)

Challenge Winners:

First place:

598abd68921e4_Ig76xqbycaomoyl@tda.png.bd9e47b14f9dafc970821e7e043fb7ed.png

Awesome graphics by caomoyl @ tda

1st Prize: 8 reviews coming.

[url="http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=74"] The Department (M) [/url] by poppunkpadfoot

feedback summary: As we read more, the mystery, why Regulus was finished, becomes the heart of the story. Sirius’s worry and care about his lost brother arouse sympathy from readers and we notice the main character, Sirius Black is very human, irritable, given the circumstances, his only brother was dead and nobody could tell him why he was finished. The aturhor's favorite ship, Sirius/Remus is gently written as well. 

Second place:

598abd1c76941_Ig7O08bycaomoyl@tda.png.f578787f6a771bcc09ced145a50c9873.png

Awesome graphics by caomoyl @ tda  

2nd Prize: 5 reviews coming.

: Prophecy Misinterpreted (T) by Vilja

feedback summary: all the original characters the author invented are efficacious each other, which will add some colors to mystery. It's interesting the author started with the other countries like German, Hungary or the Soviet Union, not with Britain.

The train carries mystery, too, like Agatha Christie's crime novel. The episode around Hungarian kings sounds interesting. And the story leapt to Africa. Impressive. I feel like reading how was like there...

Edited by Tanda
link to the story

The results of the June Prefect Challenge are here at last!

Challenge Name: The Coming Out Challenge

Challenge Creator: Your friendly neighborhood prefects

Short Challenge Description: Write a story under 10,000 words about someone coming out as queer.

Fandom(s) Included: Any, with Prefect approval

Challenge Winners

Third place: A Sudden Bi-alisation by FireOpal
wk1cNLgT.png

Second place: What lies beneath by melian
oXp69cVZ.png

First place: And Again (M) by nott theodore
yHXCd36v.png

All three entries are amazing - we definitely recommend checking them out! And thank you so much to those who entered!

Winners, you are responsible for messaging a MuggleMaybe, Diogenissa, or clevernotbrilliant to let us know which stories you'd like reviewed and if you have a preferred theme for your pic spam. Please credit abhorsen. for the graphics. ^_^

Edited by MuggleMaybe

Challenge Name: the HP Prompt Shuffle Challenge
Challenge Creator: beyond the rain
Short Challenge Description:create a one shot based on a random harry potter prompt given! 
Fandom(s) Included:  Harry Potter
Challenge Winners
First place: The 'M' Word by dreamgazer220

thank you for your wonderful entry Jill! 

Edited by beyond the rain

• 1 month later...
Guest Rumpelstiltskin
Challenge Name: The Companion Piece Challenge
Challenge Creator: Rumpelstiltskin
Short Challenge Description: Write three companion pieces of any length, genre, and pairing.
Fandom(s) Included: All
Entrants:
Spoiler

maraudertimes: +Making a Broken Heart (includes companions: Making Mistakes, Making Friends, and Making Excuses)
SilverMoonFairy: +I Can't | +Live With Myslef (Mature) | +Today (Mature)
dreamgazer220: +Storm (includes companions: Broken Dreams, Demons, and Fix You)
M C Crocker: +A Forgotton Age | +An Age of Change | +The End of an Age
FireOpal: +Ugency | +At the Department of Magical Transportation | +A Dozen Red Roses
victoria_anne: +To Glory (includes companions: Tom Riddle, Gilderoy Lockheart, and Percy Weasley)

Challenge Winners:
First Place:
M C  Crocker: +A Forgotton Age | +An Age of Change | +The End of an Age
Second Place:
victoria_anne: +To Glory (includes companions: Tom Riddle, Gilderoy Lockheart, and Percy Weasley)
Third Place:
SilverMoonFairy: +I Can't | +Live With Myslef (Mature) | +Today (Mature)

Additional Prizes: First Place - 4 reviews, bragging rights; Second Place - 3 reviews, bragging rights; Third Place: 2 reviews, 
bragging rights.

Due to the amount of time it took to get this challenge completed during my absence, I have to decide to award ALL SIX 
PARTICIPANTS an additional review to a story/chapter of their choosing (you get a review, you get a review, everybody gets a 
review). Please PM me with links where you'd like your reviews to go, thank you. I hope to have all reviews finished by the end of October.

A huge thank you to everyone who contributed to this challenge! 

Graphics

PicsArt_09-22-07.53.16.jpg

PicsArt_09-22-09.22.46.png

PicsArt_09-22-08.34.49.png

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here with the results of the August prefect challenge!

:hotwartscrest:

Challenge name: The Inter-House Friendship Challenge

Challenge creator: The HPFT prefects!

Challenge description: Write a story about two characters from different houses as friends

Fandom(s) included: Harry Potter

Challenge winners:

Third place: Keyframe by @forever_dreaming

third.jpg.6a4fdd4b83a78ff03fcb2f5e1b978266.jpg

Second place: The Only Honest Color (M) by @abhorsen.

1.jpg.7657f2035c5dd40bf3fd3bc9d4d1a574.jpg

aaand... *drumroll^

First place: These Colors Don't Run (M) by @TidalDragon

59d0a0fbbdeb3_PinkGradientStudentBusinessCard.jpg.9aeea00af2b07a05500ec60198cc486b.jpg

Congratulations to the winners! These entries were amazing, and the results were very tight. Make sure you check out the winning stories as well as our other entries:

Dear Emmeline by Felpata_Lupin

Tengu and a Daughter of Ninja (M) by StarFeather

Fight or Flight (M) by LunaStellaCat

Winners, please contact victoria_anne, clevernotbrilliant, or ShazaLupin with how you'd like to spend your reviews, and the theme of your picspam! Please credit victoria_anne for the graphics ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Challenge Name: The Classic Fanfiction Tropes Challenge
Challenge Creator: moi aka dirigibleplums
Short Challenge Description: Participants chose a number from 1-20 and received a classic fanfiction trope (e.g. royalty au) to then write. Guilty pleasures were everywhere. 
Fandom(s) Included: Harry Potter as well as Original Fiction
Challenge Winners:
3rd Place: +Boyz II Marauders - @MuggleMaybe
2nd Place: +Twist of Fate (M) - @Rhaenyra
1st Place: +The Retreat (M) - @WindingArrow

Not sure what's up with the formatting, but anyways

+here (m) is a lengthier tumblr post about the results including all entries and your award graphics. thank you so much for entering <3

Edited by LadyL8
Unrated mature links
  • Thanks 1

Challenge Name: The Comedian Quotes Challenge
Challenge Creator: MegGonagall 
Short Challenge Description: 
Comedians are typically funny by nature, 
but sometimes they even give us something to really think about through the laughter. 
In this challenge there will be 25 quotes for you to choose from by different comedians from all different decades, 
and range from completely silly to serious. 
You'll then write a one-shot or short story based on the quote that you have chosen, 
by the deadline above.
Challenge Winners
First place: XOXO(AA) by Dojh167

Thank you so much, Sam! I really enjoyed reading it! I messaged you earlier regarding your picspam and your reviews! :)

Edited by MegGonagall

• 3 weeks later...

Challenge Name: The "Sirius Black Is Gay" Challenge

Challenge Creator: poppunkpadfoot

Short Challenge Description: "The challenge is simple: write a story about Sirius Black being into dudes. It can be a romance story that focuses on Sirius in an m/m relationship, a coming out story, a story about him going to Pride or something - the details are completely up to you, the one and only requirement is that the focus is him liking men."

Fandom(s) Included: HP

Challenge Winners:

First place: Acceptance (M) by @sapphicsunrise

OJpbaRK.png

This story features so many things that really aren't common when it comes to HP/Sirius Black fanfiction. There are lots of stories out there where both Remus and Sirius survive the war, but I don't think I've ever read one before where Sirius survived and Remus didn't. It also features Sirius/Male OC, which is quite uncommon, whereas Sirius/Female OC is extremely common.

Like everything Elisabeth writes, this story is absolutely brilliant - moving and humorous and beautifully written. I was crying by the end of it, but more out of happiness than you'd expect. Congratulations, Elisabeth, on winning first place, and thank you for writing this unique and wonderful story! You have won 4 reviews, and your story will be linked in my signature.

Second place: Mutually Beneficial (M) by @clevernotbrilliant (clairevergreen)

eskR6OG.png

I was so delighted by this story from the moment I read Claire's summary. Sirius Black/Marlene McKinnon is a fairly prevalent pairing in Marauders fanfic, and I always enjoy seeing it kind of played with and messed with. But to take it beyond "Marlene is a beard/Sirius is repressed/whatever" into them both being gay and helping each other out, is something I don't think I've ever seen before and made for an absolutely brilliant starting point for this story. So far, it's a lot of fun, with great characterization to back up the concept. I hope Claire will post chapter 3 soon!

Claire, you've won 3 reviews! Thanks for entering and for writing this awesome fic!

Third place: For third place I had a tie! I truly couldn't make my mind up between these last two fics because I really felt that they both deserved to place. So without further ado...

Letter to the Lost (M) by @Crimson Quill

iHDuWPS.png

Like Elisabeth and Claire, Abbi also did something really unusual - a Sirius Black/Caradoc Dearborn fic! I can say with certainty that not only is this a pairing I've never seen before, it's one I would never even conceive of. But Abbi definitely made it work, and I really enjoyed reading this fic, which is a beautiful exploration of grief and loss.

Twelve Years by @melian

TnVElSU.png

I know that Wolfstar falls outside of Mel's own headcanon, but she entered the challenge anyway and pushed herself. This was also her first story in second person, and she pulled both off fabulously. This story is melancholy, but with an undercurrent of hope, and I think it was really well done. Great work, Mel!

Both of you have won two reviews! Congratulations and thank you for entering!

All winners: please rehost+credit if you want to display your awards, and please PM me to let me know what you'd like reviewed!

Edited by poppunkpadfoot

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so horribly late with announcing this considering there was just the one entry but:

Challenge Name: Oops! I held a stranger's hand!
Challenge Creator: Ineke
Short Challenge Description: Tell a story where someone grabs hold of a stranger's hand on accident.
Fandom(s) Included: All.
Challenge Winners
First place: Compass Of The Soul (M) by @dirigibleplums

In addition to the review (I just left), you get to pick 6 stories/chapters you want reviews on as a prize! <3

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Challenge Name: In the Eyes of Challenge

Challenge Creator: forever_dreaming

Short Challenge Description: Write a story from the POV of an inanimate object or creature.

Challenge Winners: A Prayer (M) by @StarFeather

Well done, Kenny! I really enjoyed reading this :) I've left reviews on each chapter of "A Prayer", but as the winner, you can also request 8 reviews for any chapters of any other stories too :) 

Edited by LadyL8
Unrated mature links

Challenge Name: The Body Positive Challenge
Challenge Creator: WindingArrow
Short Challenge Description: Write a story that shows that every body is beautiful
Fandom(s) Included: All of them.
Challenge Winners
First place: I Am (M) by Rumpelstiltskin
This is a very, very powerful piece. Take care when reading it, the maturity rating is very, very serious, but it is very worth the read. This story shows that loving yourself is a hard road to travel.

lc6SoVM.png
Second place: Monster (M) by LunaStellaCat
I was very surprised with how this piece was handled and I very much enjoyed it. This story shows that love doesn't care about appearances and love is also contagious.

bJQGZ2M.png
Third place: One Head Taller (15+) by ImaRavenclaw and Insecurities, My Love(15+) by Jen24 (Jen25 on forums)
I couldn't decide between them. They are both adorable and show that just having someone who understands can make a world of difference. <3

oUzOfN4.png --- sySFSws.png

Challenge Name: Tanka Style Romance Poetry Challenge
Challenge Creator: StarFeather
Short Challenge Description: 1. Write more than eight tankas for one story, each tanka consists of 5 lines,5/7/5/7/7.   

2. Please include season words, at least one. (ex. If you write about spring love, you may add “the peach trees budding”.)

3. You can include all seasons, spring, summer, autumn and winter in one story, or just focus on one season.

Fandom(s) Included: Any fandoms.
Challenge Winners
First place:When Spring Doesn't Return (T)
 by Rumpelstiltskin

Here's award graphic (by StarFeather) ↓

Karkaroff-for-Rumpel.png.fb0cfb8f63616407fab2e8598316ab63.png      

In our eternal winter,

sonnets do not defrost my

frozen, smiling mask.

When I slipped from his embrace,

the veil shattered on the ground.  

(from "When Spring Doesn't Return"

by Rumpelstiltskin )

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Challenge Name: The Character Vignette Challenge

Challenge Creator: Rumpelstiltskin

Short Challenge Description: Write a character vignette, capturing a single moment in time that focuses solely on a character which most likely will reveal at least one level of characterization. 

Fandom(s) Included: Harry Potter, GoT, LotR/the Hobbit, Walking Dead, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek (excluding Discovery, as I haven't seen it yet), and Supernatural. Original Fiction is also welcome. You may propose a fandom not on the list to see if I'm familiar enough with it to properly grade this. Minor crossovers are absolutely accepted (taking certain elements from one fandom I'm unfamiliar with to a fandom I am familiar with, so long as the canonical understanding of those elements do not significantly impact the plot).

Challenge Winners:

First of all, I had so many wonderful entries that I truly enjoyed reading! Everyone did a spectacularly amazing job! Congratulations! 

Third Place: 

There was a tie for third place between beeezie's The Way You Say My Name, Redux [Mature] and StarFeather's A Prayer (chapter four) [Mature]:

pb2iwm.jpg

Branwen's moment captured between Draco and Astoria exposes both characters and the nature of their relationship thoroughly and thoughtfully. Its heavy mood does wonder to add to that effect. 

Prizes: one additional review, a challenge graphic, listed in my profile under Character Vignette Challenge Winners, and bragging rights

pb219D.jpg

Kenny's stylistic imagery in combination with some awesome character exploration of the four founders created an extremely fun read. The characters were very well developed and I loved reading their interactions.

Prizes: one additional review, a challenge graphic, listed in my profile under Character Vignette Challenge Winners, and bragging rights

Second Place:

Second place belongs to just.a.willow.tree.'s untrue, untrue [Mature]:

pb2Vjf.jpg

Eva wrote a heavy-hitter that explores Lily Evan's character with some much darker undertones than what is typically written. The nature of the plot and the way it was presented made for a wonderful read that was full of moral quandaries.

Prizes: two additional reviews, a challenge graphic, listed in my profile under Character Vignette Challenge Winners, picspam, and bragging rights

First Place:

*drumroll* abhorsen.'s Everything took first:

pb2dlj.jpg

Branwen's Everything was pure emotion and that pure emotion was  the character herself. Every sentence in this piece was alive and was an excellent example of what a vignette is.

Prizes: four additional reviews, listed in my profile under Character Vignette Challenge Winners, picspam, a link in my signature for 30 days, and (at least) 3 Writer's Journal questions, and, of course, bragging rights.

The rest of the entries were fabulous as well, so I grant more bragging rights to each and every entry!

Challenge winners: I'll be posting the winners in my profile as soon as possible, as well as adding the first place winner's link to my signature; I'm working on picspams as we speak, and please PM me about what you'd like me to review for your challenge prizes! 

Thanks to everyone! 

Spoiler

Challenge Requirements (10%): Did the entry meet all of the requirements listed above?
Plot (25%): A vignette may stray away from the typical plot-structure, especially if presented as a drabble. What I'm looking for is a PURPOSE behind the vignette (is it a turning point in the character's life, or is it revealing something about the character, or maybe even revealing something about another character or event through the character, etc.)
Originality (25%): Your originality can come through in voice or style, or however you'd like, so long as there's something that brings 'you' as an author to the table. 
Technical Writing (15%): Is your writing clear, concise, with good transitions and context? Did you proofread? What do your spelling and grammar look like?
Readability (20%): Can I identify the character without reading any summaries or notes? Does your story make sense? Was the fluency easy to comprehend (flow and expression)?
Depth (5)%: How well do I understand the character/situation after reading your vignette?
Bonus Points! (up to +3 points): Attempting an experiment with moods, settings, genres, styles, etc.

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

• 1 month later...

Challenge Name: A Muggle History Challenge
Challenge Creator: beyond the rain
Short Challenge Description: entrants must write a fic using characters from the HP saga and put them in a muggle history setting, with our without magic. 
Fandom(s) Included: Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts
Challenge Winners
First place: The Song of Glory (M) by dirigible_plums 

Edited by LadyL8
Unrated mature link

• 3 weeks later...

Challenge Name: The Pettigrew Awareness Challenge

Challenge Creator: Felpata_Lupin

Short Challenge Description: write a story featuring Peter Pettigrew

Challenge Winners

I had four wonderful entries and I adored all of them, so it was really hard to judge and the results were very close... but here we go...

In :third: place, Soft Around the Edges (T) by @Pixileanin

In :second: place, a tie between Respect. Power. Life. (T) by @melian and When the Marauders Met Harry (A) by @victoria_anne

And in :first: place... Golden Girl (M) by @Crimson Quill

Thank you so much to you all for gifting me of these lovely stories! :wub:  Please, contact me and let me know what you would like to have reviewed for your awards!

:freeze::grouphug: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

[b]Challenge Name: [/b]Ancient Runes Drabble Challenge
[b]Challenge Creator: [/b] @Ignatia
[b]Short Challenge Description: [/b]write a drabble of any topic that you think was originally written in ancient runes
[b]Fandom(s) Included: [/b] Harry Potter
[b]Challenge Winners[/b]
First place: The Northern Tales (M) by @nott theodore
Second place: The Moon and her Sea by @manno-malfoy
Third place: The King's Giant Problem by @victoria_anne

I still have to make the rune version of the entries, but I thought I'd announce the winners by now  and will pm everyone once the translations are done.
Thank you so much for participating, all three stories were great!

1st_rune.jpg

2nd_rune.jpg

3rd_rune.jpg

Edited by LadyL8
Added rating to mature link
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Challenge Name: The Say Goodbye Challenge
Challenge Creator: dreamgazer220
Short Challenge Description: In less than 5,000 words, participants were asked to have a character say goodbye to something or someone important to them.
Fandom(s) Included: Harry Potter, The 100, The Raven Cycle, Original Fiction

Challenge Winners

First place: Then Time Stood Still (M) by Levana
Second place: Percy by Pixileanin
Third placea caged soul (M) by justawillowtree

Honorable Mentions:
Shattering, Dying, Healing (M) by Felpata_Lupin
Clippings (M) by pookha 

Congratulations, everybody!!

Please see my blog entry for more information and prize graphics - The Say Goodbye Challenge Results!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's taken me far too long to judge this challenge, and I'm really sorry to all the participants for that, but thank you so much to everyone who entered!

Challenge Name: The Fairy Tale Challenge

Challenge Creator: nott theodore

Short Challenge Description: Write a story inspired by a traditional fairy tale

Fandom(s) Included: Harry Potter, original fiction

Challenge Entries:

I had six brilliant entries to this challenge, and I'd highly recommend reading each one of them!

The House of Sweet Revenge (M) by @Margaret

The Fox (T) by @StarFeather

The King's Giant Problem (T) by @victoria_anne

a caged soul (M) by @just.a.willow.tree

The Maidens and the Tower (M) by @MuggleMaybe

Simulacrum (M) by @TidalDragon

Challenge Winners:

In third place, winning 2 reviews and a link to your story in my signature for a month, is a caged soul (M) by @just.a.willow.tree

Eva's story was a really interesting take on Rapunzel, with lovely prose, great characterisation, and a couple of interesting twists on the traditional tale (I'll say no more to avoid spoilers!).  

In second place, winning 4 reviews and a link to your story in my signature for a month, is The House of Sweet Revenge (M) by @Margaret

This story is a next-generation adaptation of the tale of Hansel and Gretel, with brilliant portrayals of some popular characters, and a deeper exploration of the effects that the events in the story have than you normally find in a story inspired by a fairy tale.

And in first place, winning 6 reviews and a link to your story in my signature for a month, is The Maidens and the Tower (M) by @MuggleMaybe

Renee entered a piece of original fiction in this challenge, and it shows off all of the strengths that we normally find in her writing - beautiful descriptions, great character development, and a really creative and original take on Maid Maleen, the fairy tale she chose as inspiration.  

It was so difficult to judge this challenge, because the standard of the entries was so high, and thank you all so much for entering and providing me with some fantastic reads.  Winners, please contact me about your reviews!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Challenge Name: The Domesticity Challenge

Challenge Creator: forever_dreaming

Short Challenge Description: The challenge was to write a story featuring a scene where two character(s) are being domestic, to dive into the dynamic between these two characters. Entries were judged based on the development of the dynamic between the characters and the creativity of the entry. 

Challenge Winners

I had eight wonderful entries for this challenge! Click the spoiler tag below to see all the entries and the placements. It was very very difficult to decide the winners; everyone's entries were so fantastic.

In FIRST PLACE, is @just.a.willow.tree with Lazy Days (M)

image.png.d6f2ea938b53d7c2d99644766bfd6124.png

Eva's depiction of Astoria's polyamorous relationship with Susan and Draco was thought-provoking and profound, but it was also so sweet, and left me with a huge grin on my face. Bonus points for the general adorableness of Scorpius! Well done <3

Prizes: 5 reviews on a story of your choice, picspam

In SECOND PLACE is @toomanycurls with I'm Your Man (M)!

image.png.8394e68b06a8de87783c17d7bcd56b31.png

Rose depicted a tender moment between Brandon and Albus that reflected the realities of being in a relationship and of parenting: the fears, the insecurities, and the joys. Bonus points, again, for Cora—especially "Gnomes eat toes." Wonderful job! <3 

Prizes: 4 reviews on a story of your choice 

In THIRD PLACE is @Pixileanin with Oh To Dream, Oh To Sleep!

image.png.de4420db5be22e19cdb39baa46191298.png

Pix's story was easily the most creative entry; what I loved most about her entry, however, was the depiction of Fabian and Gideon's relationship, that special sort of closeness that made their dynamic so compelling. Loved it! <3

Prizes: 3 reviews on a story of your choice 

I wanted to feature one last entry as an HONORABLE MENTION: Reasons to Smile, by @sunshine_locks!

image.png.fe3c4417bcde55b0bab52c87e18a745d.png

I loved this depiction of the Potter family and the realistic portrayal of each of the characters. Albus and Harry's relationship, in particular, touched my heart. I'm still smiling at the thought of this story. Great job! <3 

Prizes: 2 reviews on a story of your choice

Please credit just.a.willow.tree for the graphics! 

Thank you to everyone who entered; your entries were truly a delight to read. 

Edited by forever_dreaming
  • Like 5