Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Happy Pride month! <3
  • Congratulations to all of our house award winners!
  • Minister Fenley is embroiled in scandal. Will her career survive?
abhorsen.

Challenge Hall of Fame

potionspartner
Posted (edited)
Challenge Name: What If Challenge
Challenge Creator: potionspartner and wildest_dreams
Short Challenge Description: Take one event in canon and change it. Describe how it impacts the story/timeline. 
Fandom(s) Included: Anything
Challenge Winners
First place: While the Other Survives by @Noelle Zingarella 
Second place: What If... by @juls
Third place:  Song for the Julian Calendar chapter 4-5 by @facingthenorthwind 
Edited by galadriel
points entered by beth :)
  • Thanks 1

Finefrenzy__
Posted (edited)

Challenge Name: The Slyhterin-Centric Challenge

Challenge Creator: Finefrenzy__

Short Challenge Description: The idea was to write from the point of view of a Slyhterin, and dispel common stereotypes around them.

Fandom(s) Included: Harry Potter

Challenge Winners: (1st) How Long? by crestwood

1141117621_FirstPlace(Crestwood).png.cf68d5c0a92ebb90a98f16537f30aaaf.png

(2nd) All the Waves Resounded by BookDinosaur

642441103_SecondPlace(BookDinosaur).png.d4bb531d219680580dc825770298365e.png

(3rd) Protecting their Child by potionspartner

1914883581_ThirdPlace(PotionsPartner).png.21a945ed1ab80a9a2d6bb333bbb175a4.png

(Honorable Mention) I Loved You First by Lacey Black

1997266800_HonorableMention(LaceyBlack).png.5ef7de56b0f093908fcbe880ee8098f5.png

All the amazing graphics were made by Kris, so please credit her (starbuck.@TDA) if you choose to use them in any capacity.

It has taken me an inexcusable amount of time to release the winners, and I'm so sorry. My moving and internet situation has taken way longer to sort than I had originally thought it would. I will get to everyone's reviews, and if the winners would like to PM me the stories they wish to have their prize reviews on, I would very much appreciate it. Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to all the amazing participants. I had so much fun hosting this challenge and reading everyone's entries.

Edited by galadriel
points entered.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

potionspartner

Thank you so much for hosting. I had a great time writing this. I had never done anything with the Malfoys before and had a blast! Congratulations also to @crestwood, @BookDinosaur and @Lacey Black

• Thanks 1

Lacey Black
Posted (edited)

The Build-A-Story Challenge!

I want to first thank all participants of our first challenge!  @RoxiMalfoy And I had a lot of fun reading your stories!  Personally I felt so much honour in being able to, in some small way, help inspire your stories.  You had wonderful stories and it was really hard to choose the winners!

1st place goes to @Noelle Zingarella’s The Damnation of Regulus Black (M)

2nd place goes to @crestwood’s Everything Merges With The Night

And 3rd place goes to @Pixileanin’s Destination, Determination and Deliberation

Please contact me in personal message with your lists of stories to be reviewed for your winning placements:

3rd Place - x3 Reviews on any fic(s) of your choice 

2nd Place - x4 Reviews on any fic(s) of your choice, a picspam for your entry by Deana (please contact Deana with any face claims)

1st Place - x5 Reviews on any fic(s) of your choice, a picspam for your entry and a second picspam for whichever story you choose by Deana (please contact Deana with any face claims and your second story choice) 

Award graphics and any other applicable rewards will be posted by Deana in a blog in the coming weeks. 

Congrats to the winners and thanks for writing!! 

Xo

LB

Edited by grumpy cat
points entered-kris
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Noelle Zingarella
Posted (edited)

@RoxiMalfoy @Lacey Black, oh my goodness, thank you! And thank you for hosting this—it was really fun! Congratulations @crestwood and @Pixileanin!

Edited by Noelle Zingarella
  • Like 3

Recent Badges

TreacleTart
Posted (edited)

Challenge Title: TreacleTart's Fanfic Favorite Challenge

Challenge Creator: TreacleTart

Challenge Description: Write a fanfiction of your favorite fanfiction piece on HPFT.

Fandoms Included: Anything currently listed on HPFT

Challenge Winners: I would like to stress that all of the entries I received were excellent and that it was a very difficult decision to pick places. Honestly, I went back and forth deciding things for quite a while, which is partially why it took me so long to post the results. 

First Place: Hermione Returns by @potionspartner

4e1ATxb.png

This fic is based upon the universe of Saving Severus Snape by MegGonagall, which is one of the most iconic time travel fics in the Harry Potter fandom. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous to see the results, but honestly, this missing moment fits perfectly into the story. The writing is flawless, the characterization excellent, and it really follows the arc created in the original fic. (In addition to the award graphic, you've won 6 additional reviews!)

Second Place: Tell My Heart To Lie by @Chemical_Pixie

lAzLbNv.png

This fic is based upon the universe created in the story Yaxley by something wicked and features a deep look into Cassiel Yaxley's relationship with thestrals. The characterization of Cassie really stood out as true to the original and the plot was very engaging. (In addition to the award graphic, you've won 4 additional reviews!)

Third Place: Like Breadcrumbs by @Rumpelstiltskin

UzAVZBb.png

This fic is based on Love, Not War by RoxiMalfoy and focuses on Saleena Blackwell and her feelings towards Sirius Black. I thought it really captured some very difficult emotions really well and fits right into the world created in the original universe. (In addition to the award graphic, you've won 2 additional reviews.)

Honorable Mention: Attack On The Death Eaters (M)  by @Tanda (chapters 6&7)

lfkwQFU.png

This fic went a bit of a different route focusing less on the plot of Detox by Cambangst and more on the characterization and the relationship between those characters. It shows a Draco seeking redemption, a reluctant Professor McGonagall, and an empathetic Astoria. (In addition to the award graphic, you've won 1 additional review)

And finally....A special award for the authors who graciously allowed their works to be fanfic'd: @MegGonagall @something wicked @RoxiMalfoy @CambAngst. Thank you for participating! 

4ggqIWa.png

For the winners, please DM me which stories you'd like your reviews on and I will get to them throughout the month. If you choose to post your award graphic, please credit the lovely and talented @galadriel.

Edited by galadriel
points entered <3
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

galadriel
Posted (edited)

A quick note to all members: going forward, please include a list of participants when you post the challenge results. It will make it easier for us to ensure every entry is accounted for while awarding house points. ^_^ You don't have to link each participant's entry - just a mention is fine. 

Edited by galadriel

Recent Badges

Rumpelstiltskin

Challenge Name: The Original Fiction Challenge (with a Twist)
Challenge Creator: Rumpelstiltskin
Short Challenge Description: Write Original Fiction and supply a piece of supplemental material to go with it.
Fandom(s) Included: Original Fiction
Challenge Entrants: potionspartner, chelts-rhj, tanda, LunaStellaCat, noelle zingarella, crestwood, oregonian
Challenge Winners:

+Full Write-up

Best Supplemental Material:

OF Challenge:

Edited by grumpy cat
all points added :)
  • Thanks 2